DukeNukem

Fear of the Direction of Development

DukeNukem    189

So I am taking from @Soldat Ryan and making a version of my own to show that there is more concern from various members. The single thread is great but i feel sometimes there needs to be multiple like this one.

Original belief:

This game was advertised as a WW2 shooter that will eventually become competitive and will try to bond the bridge between competitive players and non-competitive players by making the servers user friendly. So when i saw this as a game that will use the historical perspective of WW2, throw a little twist of their own, and do something other games haven't. Also it was said that it would be a game that brings back the roots of the old games like COD1/2/4 and MOH which i still feel it will, to a degree. I want to see a game that will be competitive in a WW2 scenario but it should stay in the WW2 era with its weapons, characters, battlegrounds, and even the hud style. I was excited, and still kinda am, till recently where a few things have been said im not exactly agreeing with.

What is happening now:

-First off there was a topic about grenades and if they should be or shouldn't be "cookable". I am pro grenade cooking because it adds more to the game and will be used by players of value (not trolls who go on suicide runs) to a great degree of strategy. Players will not be able to hide in a corner without the risk of no exit and will always have to have an escape plan or some sort of awareness of the enemy player. Those of you who think it is not competitive im sorry to burst your bubble but it is. If it such a 50/50 thing it should be taken under consideration to turn it off or on through the server. Over time there will be one that has more traction over the other.

-Second, I understood that this game will have aim and shoot through sights and scopes. NO spray patterns. That made me very happy but there were topics that talked about the game turning and becoming a spin off WW2 mod of CS:GO. This is something i will not accept. If it turns into spray pattern I personally will only play it with friends. It will no longer be a casual or competitive game for me. I also don't see how it is possible considering chuck of the arsenal during WW2 were bolt actions. How can you have a spray pattern for those other than where the barrel points the bullet goes, as it should be in every game. Anyway i need some clarification of this.

-Thirdly I will not accept any kinda of camo skin that wasn't part of the WW2 era. I cannot see anything in my brain that will allow pink weapon skins along with a possibility of people turning their characters into clowns. I mean if thats the case it will make them a nice vibrant target but i do not agree with it what so ever. The thing that i loved the most was when it was said there will be an ability to etch into your weapon a design or letters or what ever else on the wood stock/metal. That in of itself is epic and had no reason to change or be added upon with color skins. The other thing was the wear and tear of weapons and gear, what ever happened to that? Why not focus on that as "add on skin" instead of stupid (sorry to say this) child like colorful weapon skins?

-Fourth. many people on the forums have a very one sided view to how they want to play the game and all power to them, but please understand its not all about you. What you believe isn't correct and what i believe isn't correct but there must be a healthy argument in order to find a common ground. Many times in the forums i see people blaring at each other and i tend to stay out of it, it needs to stop, especially if you are one of the active members. Its all understood that the devs have the final say but the devs also have a responsibility to take the arguments under consideration. The forums needs to be moderated slightly better and there needs to be some sort of punish system if people become too toxic. 

I would just like to see this game become as popular as COD and for it carry on for the ages. For it to be one that resonates through the next decade as the "remember how awesome it was" after multiple titles from these devs. All of us are looking from the outside in and this response from me only from things that have been said and seen around the forums along with the announcements. I do not want to see a cartoon WW2 shooter and if were to turn into one i would be highly disappointed.

Id like to see more community nights aswell. Backers and nonbackers gathering together for some fun and smack talking through a game would be well needed. Doesn't need to be a shooter or maybe it should be!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Soldat Ryan    348

giphy.gif

I m feeling less alone ! ¬¬ ... (That doesn't mean it is a good thing. 9_9 )

1 hour ago, DukeNukem said:

Original belief: ....

+1 (be simple to prevent misinterpretation ! :P )

1 hour ago, DukeNukem said:

I do not want to see a cartoon WW2 shooter (1) and if were to turn into one i would be highly disappointed (2).

(1) For those who want it there is World War Toons
(2) Same for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Farq-S    370

i have concerns about the direction this game is taking but after seeing some of the ingame footage in the latest update some of those concerns went away. what i saw looked like a WW2 game and had a minimal hud and ui as well as bright, crisp graphics all of which favour competitive play. i was disappointed to hear the war-torn system was shelved but that on its own is not a game changer. the only real concerns i have left is skins/camos not in keeping with a game set in WW2 and badly implemented micro-transactions. BF1 has an infinite selection of skins/camos that probably didn't exist in WW1 but have been designed in a way that is in keeping with the era. i can't see why Bat44 can't do the same. ultimately, as long as the gameplay feels tight along the lines of COD (there's a reason COD has been the best shooter of all time) that will trump everything else. even garish pink camos. 

• Upvote 1

scaR    56

Is it going to be a thing now that whenever someone doesn't get something their own way... they'll make a thread about it?  Come on guys you're heavily critiquing a game before it has even reached alpha, let alone a proper gameplay reveal trailer.  

I'm not sure where you're getting your spray pattern / RNG theories from, it's the first I've heard of it.  Every piece of communication that I've read from the developers thus far (not just suggestive posts from community members) has all pointed towards a CoD2/4 mechanic, which does not include spray patterns or RNG.

The developers haven't indicated any real clear direction or as to what they want to do specifically in regards to skins, so I think you're jumping at conclusions waaaay too early and are just getting worked up by the amount of people that are in favour of the CSGO style compared to the authentic style that clearly you're after.

And you're getting upset over non-cookable grenades?  Come on now, how is that a game breaker for whatever side of the fence you sit on in regards to competitive or casual?

I just don't see the point in people complaining about the same points that have already been discussed to their death previously without even opening the game up first and giving it a crack.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Ryssk    23

Kinda got to agree with everything scaR just said. And it's still too early to make speculations of HOW the game will be when nothing has been revealed, especially about the skins/microtransactions..

I do understand that you're entitled to have your own concerns, but to keep posting them over and over again for what purpose? I just dont see the agenda behind all this.. Is the agenda to force the devs to revert all the changes?

Why not focus on that as "add on skin" instead of stupid (sorry to say this) child like colorful weapon skins?

Yet again i'm wondering, where do you have the information about child like colorful weapon skins? @[CM] BigTuna i think it's best Tuna to come in here and answer some of the concerns, before the same story keeps repeating itself. Cause right now assumptions are being made left and right, and who's not the best one to answer than the community manager? :D

And spray pattern? i'm also wondering about that, where have you heard that?

Edited by Ryssk
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

ToonBE    254
13 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

So I am taking from @Soldat Ryan and making a version of my own to show that there is more concern from various members. The single thread is great but i feel sometimes there needs to be multiple like this one.

Original belief:

This game was advertised as a WW2 shooter that will eventually become competitive and will try to bond the bridge between competitive players and non-competitive players by making the servers user friendly. So when i saw this as a game that will use the historical perspective of WW2, throw a little twist of their own, and do something other games haven't. Also it was said that it would be a game that brings back the roots of the old games like COD1/2/4 and MOH which i still feel it will, to a degree. I want to see a game that will be competitive in a WW2 scenario but it should stay in the WW2 era with its weapons, characters, battlegrounds, and even the hud style. I was excited, and still kinda am, till recently where a few things have been said im not exactly agreeing with.

What is happening now:

-First off there was a topic about grenades and if they should be or shouldn't be "cookable". I am pro grenade cooking because it adds more to the game and will be used by players of value (not trolls who go on suicide runs) to a great degree of strategy. Players will not be able to hide in a corner without the risk of no exit and will always have to have an escape plan or some sort of awareness of the enemy player. Those of you who think it is not competitive im sorry to burst your bubble but it is. If it such a 50/50 thing it should be taken under consideration to turn it off or on through the server. Over time there will be one that has more traction over the other.

It is made very clear that cooking of nades is a bad concept on so many levels. Just accept it and move on.

-Second, I understood that this game will have aim and shoot through sights and scopes. NO spray patterns. That made me very happy but there were topics that talked about the game turning and becoming a spin off WW2 mod of CS:GO. This is something i will not accept. If it turns into spray pattern I personally will only play it with friends. It will no longer be a casual or competitive game for me. I also don't see how it is possible considering chuck of the arsenal during WW2 were bolt actions. How can you have a spray pattern for those other than where the barrel points the bullet goes, as it should be in every game. Anyway i need some clarification of this.

So you basicaly want a game where you do not suck and get owned by better players because you are bad at the game? Because that is what you are saying. You want to point, click and spray. This really grinds my gears. You just want a low skilled game so you can have some sort of feeling you are at least decent, but actually you are not. With this reasoning you ruin the game for all the ones that do have FPS experience and who do want to invest time in getting better. You also take away the future of the game because when there is no way to REALLY improve and go somewhere in the game after 1 year it will be boring. Shooting mechanics need to be challenging to some extent and certainly be predictable and countarable and thus learnable.

And COMMON MAN stop about this "it will be a ww2 csgo skin" because it won't. CSGO just does a lot of things right and therefore it is logic that they get inspired by it. They also get inspired by other games, hearthstone for example. The goal is to make a BETTER version of the old cod, moh games, not just a plain copy with all the fault included.

Also, it is not because the game might have challenging shooting mechanics (probably won't because you whine about it all the time, which is actually very sad), that you will not be able to enjoy the game casually. Seriously man. You will be on your server playing with your friends noobing around and you wil be playing competitive matches in the lower regions of the match making system also to have fun, because you will be paired with players from equal skill. You won't get rekt by the good players because they will play on a higher skill rank.

-Thirdly I will not accept any kinda of camo skin that wasn't part of the WW2 era. I cannot see anything in my brain that will allow pink weapon skins along with a possibility of people turning their characters into clowns. I mean if thats the case it will make them a nice vibrant target but i do not agree with it what so ever. The thing that i loved the most was when it was said there will be an ability to etch into your weapon a design or letters or what ever else on the wood stock/metal. That in of itself is epic and had no reason to change or be added upon with color skins. The other thing was the wear and tear of weapons and gear, what ever happened to that? Why not focus on that as "add on skin" instead of stupid (sorry to say this) child like colorful weapon skins?

A game is a business and it needs to generate money, the more of they want to continu to support the game and keep on improving and updating it. Skins are cool and they can make the devs a lot of money. Its is selfish in a way to demand this and say "I will not accept this". You can Always play with the skin that you like yourself because you can choose and buy it for yourself. Who are you to prohibit me from playing and paying for a bright looking thompson if that is what I fancy and like? Get some perspective mate.

-Fourth. many people on the forums have a very one sided view to how they want to play the game and all power to them, but please understand its not all about you. What you believe isn't correct and what i believe isn't correct but there must be a healthy argument in order to find a common ground. Many times in the forums i see people blaring at each other and i tend to stay out of it, it needs to stop, especially if you are one of the active members. Its all understood that the devs have the final say but the devs also have a responsibility to take the arguments under consideration. The forums needs to be moderated slightly better and there needs to be some sort of punish system if people become too toxic. 

You know the problem is, "casual" players think the game will be bad if it is made for "competitive" play. While this is not the case at all. The other way around is correct. If you make a game to be casual, the competitive side (a real one) is dead already.

The fact that a game is catered to competitive play does not prohibit the game from being enjoyed casually. There has been post about this before.

I am sure we will have fun together even when the game is competitive and the shooting mechanics are hard to learn.

I would just like to see this game become as popular as COD and for it carry on for the ages. For it to be one that resonates through the next decade as the "remember how awesome it was" after multiple titles from these devs. All of us are looking from the outside in and this response from me only from things that have been said and seen around the forums along with the announcements. I do not want to see a cartoon WW2 shooter and if were to turn into one i would be highly disappointed.

Id like to see more community nights aswell. Backers and nonbackers gathering together for some fun and smack talking through a game would be well needed. Doesn't need to be a shooter or maybe it should be!

"I will not accept" uhm OK.

I accept your oppinions, but to me they seem flawed in so many ways that I get annoyed by it.

don't take my comments to offensive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Razor    370

@scaR got a few good points there but I think it's not all about nades, spraypattern, microtransactions, crazyskinz and all that!

It's more a feeling several backers and followers got like @Farq-S writes: "i have conserns"

The more I read trough the forums the more I get the same feeling and it's not what everyone is bantering about what they think, believe or want. It's more what the dev's are answering, hinting and writing back to us in these forums, on twitter and other medias in general that got me worried. They are actually drifting away from the original kickstarter concept that got us all excited, in small, almost not noticeable steps, but sum it up and I got a somewhat bad feeling.....

12 hours ago, Farq-S said:

i have concerns about the direction this game is taking ......

i was disappointed to hear the war-torn system was shelved .....

the only real concerns i have left is skins/camos not in keeping with a game set in WW2 ......

badly implemented micro-transactions. ........

+1

Edited by Razor
  • Upvote 3

Freakshow    173
14 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

Original belief:

With your "original belief" of the game, I have to say that people are different and interpret information differently. The second I saw Battalion I saw a chance to go back to the competitive days of MoH:AA/CoD2. Everything about the Kickstarter screamed that at me. I know that other people will see it differently, though. However the Devs have spoken about interaction with ESL dating back to the very early stages of this games development. From this it was clear to me that this game was going to have a competitive focus, whilst allowing other players to cater the game to their needs with custom server options. To me this hasn't changed but I guess it has in some people's eyes.

Now some of my responses to your "What is happening now" points:

1. I understand and sort of see where you're coming from with your comments on nade cooking. However in MoH:AA/CoD2 & CoD4 competitive, nade cooking was either removed or it didn't exist in the first place. In CoD2 and 4 nade cooking was on by default but was modded out with the competitive mods because the competitive scenes felt it the most appropriate thing. A lot of people on here who played competitive in those 3 games are simply used to that being the way of things. Also iirc in CoD2 (and possibly 4? can't remember) you can walk and pull nades silently. This combined with cooking nades provides a scenario where there is no possible counter and in a lot of people's opinions doesn't make for interesting gameplay.
I also think that when Tuna confirmed that the nades won't be cookable in the grenade thread, that is how it will be by default in the game and their competitive ruleset. If they are having a ranked matchmaking system, which they are, they need a standard set of rules that are universally abided by in this mode. Again...on your own custom server you will be able to mod nades to be cookable. Someone will make that mod if it's not in the game. On top of that there is also the possibility of Bulkhead making that a serverside option for your own private server which you can simply toggle with a console command. No guarantee on that one though, I guess. So if you want cookable nades on your server, I see nothing to suggest you won't be able to have them.

2. Quite simply the recoil is random. The game feels/plays like CoD2/4 according to Joe, not CS:GO. There is a post he made somewhere stating that. More specifically here is a snippet below from Joe about the recoil:

On 3/9/2017 at 6:41 PM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Random Recoil:
CSGO is about pinpoint aiming so they have spray patterns and they're actually trying to get rid of them more and more so that people use 1 taps and they have more 'Scream' type players. It's better for spectators that way. COD4 is primarily about movement, you say if there is random spray patterns then there's no skill? We're building a team game where more than just 1 guy with a gun matters. Battalion has 1 shot rifles and snipers for the precision aiming. But for the movement side of things we have the SMG type classes with the thompson and the MP40. Yes the recoil is random, but those classes are about positioning and movement, not about aim. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Joe

So it's not a spray pattern. It's random. Hopefully that puts that fear to bed.

3. I'm not a fan of wildly out of place skins either. Something along the lines of what BF1 has done I would be perfectly happy with. However bright flashy skins that are totally out of place in a WW2 setting I am not for. It's not because I'm all about realism or immersion as I'm really not...simply that it will look ridiculous. Having said that they have confirmed you will be able to turn it off. People who want their neon cosmic alligator M1 garand skin will still be able to see it along with everyone elses. However, an option will allow us to turn everything to default, making it a total non-issue for me.

4. Quite simply I agree with this point and already stated my views in the grenade thread about the way in which some people can't handle differing opinions on top of the poor way some people interact with others, simply because it's on the internet. 

• Upvote 1

Razor    370

Just there @Freakshow shows excellent discussion and arguments skills like a polite adult and on the other hand @ToonBE drags it down the drain to a low level of banter..... :/

Edited by Razor
typo
  • Upvote 6

pukiz    33

The misinformation in the original post is real. Most notably when developers say "skins" I seriously doubt they mean anything other than gun/knife. A player model would most likely have to be created by the modder, similarly to ET/COD and anything else in existence.. Also the recoil won't have recoil patterns as far as I'm aware so don't really understand that point at all. @scaR summed it up nicely +1 to him. 

Edited by pukiz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey guys,

Fully appreciate that you're concerned about the direction of the game but reading your post I feel you've been worried based on comments from highly vocal community members. We have PRE-ALPHA gameplay coming out very soon. This means there will be unfinished and placeholder animations/UI etc but you will be able to gauge the direction we're heading towards with the game rather than trying to imagine the game from different users posts and comments.

I won't debate specific points such as the non competitive nature of nade cooking or spray patterns (we'd rather read constructive debates on the forums between members and pull valuable informations for us to make informed final decisions!) but I'll write a few bullet points to help summarise and clear up some generic goals with the game that are relevant to your concerns.

1. We ARE aiming to bridge the gap between casual and competitive play. We talk a great deal about competitive play as we our goal is that competitive 5v5 Search and Destroy is the main 'focus' for players who want to take the Battalion experience to the next level. These players will put 1000's of hours into mastering the game, so it's VERY important to us that we refine that aspect of Battalion to make it a solid gameplay experience, hence why we talk about this aspect of the game so much. However, this does not mean we aren't focusing on making the casual side of the game fun and engaging for players with zero interest in playing to be the best. We're still developing our casual modes TDM, DM, CTF and experimental modes for quick 'jump in and play' games as well as implementing a dedicated area of our UI  for our server browser, allowing server customisation, modding, custom maps etc.

2. We are not a 'WW2 CSGO clone'. This keeps cropping up around the forums but it's simply not true. Our game plays totally different to CS, however CS is one of the longest lasting classic FPS with elements that should be at least considered for discussion. We've looked at old school FPS game to create or own game (albeit with a bias towards CoD2/CoD4 Promod as a base point for certain design decisions). The most important thing to remember is that Battalion is it's own game, with that classic FPS feel we all know and love.

3. We read your concerns!  We're making an active effort to read everything our backers/supporters share on the forums. This includes all the opinions on microtransactions and skins. One of our main goal is to be able to make future content free and accessible to everyone with OPTIONAL microtransactions. One of the unfortunate downsides about us being transparent with our intentions and the benefits/detriments of potential routes we could take by discussing with you guys directly is that misinformation gets spread easily. We often float out ideas to gauge the reaction to help us make informed decisions. This is where we need a certain level of trust that we are gamers ourselves and also want this game to be the best it can be without degrading the core experience. Every business decision is under extreme scrutiny because we as FPS fans know the pitfalls other developers have made. At the end of the day, the game will speak for itself.

Like I said, we have pre-alpha gameplay coming out VERY soon so everyone will be able to make more informed comments very soon. The game is obviously still in a VERY EARLY state with unfinished animations/UI but it should be a good representation of the classic game feel we're aiming for. Even better, you'll be able to experience it during closed alpha bug testing this May!

• Upvote 16

Ryssk    23

Now, this should put an end to the loads of speculations out there! Great summery of things @[DEV] KingHoward

Feels like the community needed it :)

How's the neck feeling after the horrid train trip?

• Upvote 2

Razor    370

Thank you King for the clarification, still think it's REALLY sad that the "war-torn" deal is put on hold, hope to see that back in a flash 9_9

Oh, and some inside info on the nades, scopes and sniperrifles would close a hole lot of discussions ;)

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up, bit of miscommunication, video content is coming NEXT week*

Small mistake there, we're still putting out a kickstarter text update today though! :) 

Update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4/posts/1838458

Edited by [DEV] KingHoward
Added link to the update!
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189

I read all the comments and thank you for everyone who responded :) it makes for discussion. I am not upset or angry at anything, just wanted clarification. Yes the alpha is a bit over a month away and I CANNOT WAIT to play it with all of you.

What i wrote here is from what i took from the forums discussions and a couple things here and there that were said. King cleared things up and that is what i was more trying to get to happen. It makes work on their end but it eliminates many "worry" threads as ToonBE so whole hardly hates.

Toon you have some great suggestions but your attitude is sometimes really bad when YOU don't agree with any said opinion. Ive been attacked and down voted at times where i just don't understand why, but i don't back lash at it. So please take a chill pill and i hope to see more constructive posts from you.

@scaR you said it perfectly and yes these were all concerns that jump the gun but i rather say them now than later when everything is finished. This isn't just about me, this about US and how we all will enjoy the game. I wrote this topic on the consideration someone, and you did, would come along and say "dude chill its too early". Its fine and im glad you said what you did and i know most people agree with you, but i feel it is my duty as an active member on the forums and supporter of BAT44 to voice my concerns for them to be either ridiculed or clarified. It has happened and we got the answer from King that we all wanted to hear.

Also Toon, im not "bad" at spray patterns considering i hold my own in CS with only about 60 hours against MG1+ players. Went up against highest ranking in a custom practice arena game and they had trouble killing me. Not that they didn't have their flicks that nailed me everytime but spray patters are sometimes luck and for those like me who have none...it gets annoying.

Edited by DukeNukem
  • Upvote 5

jcuz    99
8 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

spray patters are sometimes luck and for those like me who have none...it gets annoying.

Wait so you prefer a completely random recoil over a learnable pattern because "patterns are sometimes luck"..?

DukeNukem    189
3 minutes ago, jcuz said:

Wait so you prefer a completely random recoil over a learnable pattern because "patterns are sometimes luck"..?

I didn't mention it for a good reason, there is no point in fighting about it. I highly don't agree with it but at this point its like hitting a brick wall. They are trying to reach some sort of mid ground so i understand but random seems abit too much :/ lets see in alpha

ToonBE    254
16 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

but spray patters are sometimes luck and for those like me who have none...it gets annoying.

Hi mate,

There prob won't be spray patterns in b44. I hope this changes though, but we'll see. At least something more "in depth".

But to come back to what you said. Spray patterns eliminate the RNG aspect, because you can learn and controll to where your bullets go. So it's not about luck, but about skill. The fact that it is "annoying" to you us because you have not learned the pattern and therefore cannot control it.

Also, there is always some sort of deviation algorithm that makes bullets deviate from the pattern, but that is something interely different.

I am sure we'll have fun on the discord when playing alpha, no doubt! Looking forward to those 5vs5 agains fellow alpha players.

Let's hope the game goes in the direction I want and not in yours, kappa

Edited by ToonBE

Soldat Ryan    348
2 hours ago, Ryssk said:

Feels like the community needed it :)

Indeed and @[DEV] KingHoward did it. :)

14 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

but i feel it is my duty as an active member on the forums and supporter of BAT44 to voice my concerns for them to be either ridiculed or clarified. It has happened and we got the answer from King that we all wanted to hear

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

DukeNukem    189
14 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Hi mate,

There prob won't be spray patterns in b44. I hope this changes though, but we'll see. At least something more "in depth".

But to come back to what you said. Spray patterns eliminate the RNG aspect, because you can learn and controll to where your bullets go. So it's not about luck, but about skill. The fact that it is "annoying" to you us because you have not learned the pattern and therefore cannot control it.

Also, there is always some sort of deviation algorithm that makes bullets deviate from the pattern, but that is something interely different.

I am sure we'll have fun on the discord when playing alpha, no doubt! Looking forward to those 5vs5 agains fellow alpha players.

Let's hope the game goes in the direction I want and not in yours, kappa

Better post, till the end lol anyway...

I learned them enough to keep myself a live, but i CANNOT stand when i get one shotted by pistols or rifles where i do the same exact thing as these people who "know" and not get the kill. At lease when it is aim and shoot ill be able to say "damnit i missed" not "ugh the friggen spray pattern man ugh!!!" big difference there. I don't like trusting something that isn't me when it comes to mistakes lol if that makes any sense. Im the one that is suppose to screw up, not the spray pattern. Some days i get epic killing sprees of 3+ frags a round other days/rounds i get a nice spray down and the dude turns around and one shots me. I had 8 shots on target with an M4 and only ticked them for 64...explain that!!! Anyway, in the end i just want to know that i screwed up and it wasn't the pattern that defines how well i play

Edited by DukeNukem
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
3 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

I learned them enough to keep myself a live, but i CANNOT stand when i get one shotted by pistols or rifles where i do the same exact thing as these people who "know" and not get the kill. At lease when it is aim and shoot ill be able to say "damnit i missed" not "ugh the friggen spray pattern man ugh!!!" big difference there. I don't like trusting something that isn't me when it comes to mistakes lol if that makes any sense. Im the one that is suppose to screw up, not the spray pattern. Some days i get epic killing sprees of 3+ frags a round other days/rounds i get a nice spray down and the dude turns around and one shots me. I had 8 shots on target with an M4 and only ticked them for 64...explain that!!! Anyway, in the end i just want to know that i screwed up and it was the pattern that defines how well i play

google "kappa" the end sentence will seem less harsh;) (but not less true ofcourse, kappa)

well if you do not get the kill you did something wrong, either you were moving or the guys was just better than you in that gun fight.

The spray pattern is not the problem haha. That pattern is always the same, it is you who are controlling it inconsitently therefore not getting the kill, or you might overcommit, expose yourself to too many angles,.... The spray pattern cannot 'screw up" it is you that screwed up with incorrect mouse movements. if a gus turns around and shoots you in the head, well than he outplayed you and you should've kept your composure:p You cannot say that the spray pattern is ever the fault of you missing or not gettng a kill.

We can play a game if you'd like? I can maybe teach you some stuff to get more consistent.

about the pistol, well if you get shot in the head by Juan Deag too bad haha:p the Deagle is 1 shot 1 kill when hit in the head.

jcuz    99
5 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

I learned them enough to keep myself a live, but i CANNOT stand when i get one shotted by pistols or rifles where i do the same exact thing as these people who "know" and not get the kill. At lease when it is aim and shoot ill be able to say "damnit i missed" not "ugh the friggen spray pattern man ugh!!!" big difference there. I don't like trusting something that isn't me when it comes to mistakes lol if that makes any sense. Im the one that is suppose to screw up, not the spray pattern. Some days i get epic killing sprees of 3+ frags a round other days/rounds i get a nice spray down and the dude turns around and one shots me. I had 8 shots on target with an M4 and only ticked them for 64...explain that!!! Anyway, in the end i just want to know that i screwed up and it was the pattern that defines how well i play

I think you might be confusing ADS (Aim down sights) recoil from the recoil in CS:GO.. ADS recoil used in for example CoD1, your bullets still shot where you aimed them. 

Example: https://streamable.com/zzua5

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    189
1 minute ago, ToonBE said:

google "kappa" the end sentence will seem less harsh;) (but not less true ofcourse, kappa)

well if you do not get the kill you did something wrong, either you were moving or the guys was just better than you in that gun fight.

The spray pattern is not the problem haha. That pattern is always the same, it is you who are controlling it inconsitently therefore not getting the kill, or you might overcommit, expose yourself to too many angles,.... The spray pattern cannot 'screw up" it is you that screwed up with incorrect mouse movements. if a gus turns around and shoots you in the head, well than he outplayed you and you should've kept your composure:p You cannot say that the spray pattern is ever the fault of you missing or not gettng a kill.

We can play a game if you'd like? I can maybe teach you some stuff to get more consistent.

about the pistol, well if you get shot in the head by Juan Deag too bad haha:p the Deagle is 1 shot 1 kill when hit in the head.

well didn't know what kappa meant but not about harsh or not....no need to say "this is how i want it and i don't want it your way because hmpf *crosses arms*" lol

trust me I aim to the head (most of the time) for the first shot and then pull down for the pattern and i mostly single tap when firing. I have no reason to lie of how i am performing so you don't need to assume what i am doing.

But yes i would be more than happy to get some tips and everyone can ALWAYS get better. Meh the deagle is OP lolol and annoying...i can't use that thing for the life of me even though i counter strafe to get the first shot off! Anyway PM me your steam...lets set a day to play

ToonBE    254
4 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

well didn't know what kappa meant but not about harsh or not....no need to say "this is how i want it and i don't want it your way because hmpf *crosses arms*" lol

trust me I aim to the head (most of the time) for the first shot and then pull down for the pattern and i mostly single tap when firing. I have no reason to lie of how i am performing so you don't need to assume what i am doing.

But yes i would be more than happy to get some tips and everyone can ALWAYS get better. Meh the deagle is OP lolol and annoying...i can't use that thing for the life of me even though i counter strafe to get the first shot off! Anyway PM me your steam...lets set a day to play

pm'ed