ToonBE

Lets discuss aimpunch

1 minute ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We said no economy as in cash for guns. But we do have a new unique way of playing search & destroy.. in a CSGO meets COD4 meets Hearthstone kind of way.

Well i can't say yay or nay on that yet....lets see how it is in the alpha! Seems interesting to ponder about though

11 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We said no economy as in cash for guns. But we do have a new unique way of playing search & destroy.. in a CSGO meets COD4 meets Hearthstone kind of way.

Awesome, this is very exciting!! Good work on improving meta and making the game more interesting. Can't wait to provide feedback and help improve the system in place!

15 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

You sir, have piqued my interest.

22 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

CSGO meets COD4 meets Hearthstone kind of way.

haha! we're playing snap between rounds. let's go.

34 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

haha! we're playing snap between rounds. let's go.

Or sniper rifle K/D top trumps.

I PUT MY 1.43 K/D SNIPER CARD DOWN. YOUR 1.40 K/D SNIPER CARD IS PITIFUL.

:D

@ToonBE You really need to try some other games. Siege is amazing, you should give it a shot. It will be one of the best competitive games within the next 2 years.

The good part is, if the system turns out to be bad, you can always switch back.

• Upvote 1

Imho aimpunch it's aids, it just adds a luck base variable to the game, which doesn't fit at all in the competitive environment this game should be set in. How many times in latest cod games i literally helped the enemy to kill me with an headshot because of aimpunch, since he was aiming to my chest and the aimpunch cause him to shoot to my head, in the same way many times i was going to hit an headshot and because of aimpunch I missed and died. I really hope it won't be in Battalion

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 9:45 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

But we do have a new unique way of playing search & destroy.. in a CSGO meets COD4 meets Hearthstone kind of way.

Mind to elaborate on that? :P

Everyone buys a deck of cards in the beginning, everyone runs to a table and starts flinging the cards at eachoter. The rarer the card the more damage it does! Last team standing wins and explodes the other teams remaining cards!

I am so happy that they are trying to improve upon what already exists. Very good attitude imo. 5 more weeks until we can try it out.

Or they bully us and start closed alpha end of May....

Edited by ToonBE

Titanfall 1 had burn cards which buffed or reduced the cooldown of weapons, gadgets and abilities. not saying Bat44 will have a similar system but the inclusion of cards may indicate a variation of that system adapted to fit in with this game. sounds very interesting to me.

I hope there is nothing random with the card system. Paladins had a deck/card draw system that gave powerups in the early betas and it was awful if you didn't draw well during the match.

16 hours ago, Farq-S said:

Titanfall 1 had burn cards which buffed or reduced the cooldown of weapons, gadgets and abilities. not saying Bat44 will have a similar system but the inclusion of cards may indicate a variation of that system adapted to fit in with this game. sounds very interesting to me.

Nah no thanks, less bullshit the better honestly.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Well I very much disagree with this. The game mode we play needs to be interesting for possibly 90 consecutive rounds (BO3). Plain and simple s&d won't cut it. I think it is very exciting that they are trying to innovate and think on how to take this game mode to the next level. Very good stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Nothing wrong with doing something new. It's called a unique selling point.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Well I very much disagree with this. The game mode we play needs to be interesting for possibly 90 consecutive rounds (BO3). Plain and simple s&d won't cut it. I think it is very exciting that they are trying to innovate and think on how to take this game mode to the next level. Very good stuff.

wow! i actually agree with everything you said here and, more importantly, the way you said it. ;)

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

wow! i actually agree with everything you said here and, more importantly, the way you said it. ;)

It is nice to agree for once hah;)

3 hours ago, pukiz said:

Nothing wrong with doing something new. It's called a unique selling point.

The selling point of Batt44 was going back to the roots of early WWII shooters. So no bullshit gimmicks and perks.

I'm not against new ideas, but I think they should be uniquely Batt44 ideas... rather just trying to turn the game into CSGO or **INSERT GENERIC MODERN SHOOTER** with a WWII skin.

4 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Plain and simple s&d won't cut it.

Why exactly...?

9 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

rather just trying to turn the game into CSGO or **INSERT GENERIC MODERN SHOOTER** with a WWII skin.

They literally said this very week that that's exactly what they aren't doing

4 minutes ago, pukiz said:

They literally said this very week that that's exactly what they aren't doing

Right and your point?

12 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Right and your point?

My point is that they aren't doing what you say they're doing?

Just now, pukiz said:

My point is that they aren't doing what you say they're doing?

Give me a source please.

4 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Give me a source please.

2. We are not a 'WW2 CSGO clone'. This keeps cropping up around the forums but it's simply not true. Our game plays totally different to CS, however CS is one of the longest lasting classic FPS with elements that should be at least considered for discussion. We've looked at old school FPS game to create or own game (albeit with a bias towards CoD2/CoD4 Promod as a base point for certain design decisions). The most important thing to remember is that Battalion is it's own game, with that classic FPS feel we all know and love.

Edited by pukiz
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, pukiz said:

2. We are not a 'WW2 CSGO clone'. This keeps cropping up around the forums but it's simply not true. Our game plays totally different to CS, however CS is one of the longest lasting classic FPS with elements that should be at least considered for discussion. We've looked at old school FPS game to create or own game (albeit with a bias towards CoD2/CoD4 Promod as a base point for certain design decisions). The most important thing to remember is that Battalion is it's own game, with that classic FPS feel we all know and love.

"We've looked at old school FPS game to create or own game"

"The most important thing to remember is that Battalion is it's own game"

And what I said.

43 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

The selling point of Batt44 was going back to the roots of early WWII shooters. So no bullshit gimmicks and perks.

I'm not against new ideas, but I think they should be uniquely Batt44 ideas... rather just trying to turn the game into CSGO or **INSERT GENERIC MODERN SHOOTER** with a WWII skin.

Howard clearly states that the main source of inspiration is from old school FPS to create Batt44, with a bias towards Cod2/CoD4 Promod. He does concedes that ideas from CS can be considered, but that doesn't mean he's endorsesing them.

So my argument still stands. They want to make Bat44 it's own thing with a design direction that's heavy geared towards "old school FPS" rather than CSGO inspired gameplay or ideas.

• Upvote 1