Zane

Sniper Scope in B:44

34 posts in this topic

That could work even though I would prefer to see the surroundings :)

3 hours ago, chippy said:

What if.. When zooming you start off seeing around the scope, blurred out like some people are suggesting. The longer you stay scoped in, i.e. when holding an angle or fixed cross position, the outside dims down until it's all black and you can't see around the scope. You need to move/unzoom and zoom again in order to reset that.

A mix of both solution. It is interesting.

I would also like to see the non zoomed in version around the scope but if I remember the Squad devs they said it was tricky to do for optimization purposes. You need two render two separate images or something but seeing as BAT44 isn't a huge scale game this might not be such a hassle here.

Posted (edited)

Another idea could be to difference between the scopes, I don't know how much a so called scope enhancer was used during WWII, but if it was, scope surroundings could be blacked out if a scope was equipped with that...  That could actually be a attachment for the sniper class, then you get to choose for your self :) 

Could this be something to considerate @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON, @[DEV] KingHoward??

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Razor

Personally I think there should only be one kind. The reticle can differ depending on faction is played but if one scope is blacked out, the rest should be to.

Why, it wouldn't change game play, its only a personal opinion on what ppl prefer, attached or not regardless of which fraction or rifle you choose...

some really nice suggestions from you guys!! Chippy has the best neutral solution at the moment but im more for seeing the surroundings.

@Razor if you have the option of seeing and not seeing the surroundings it gives people advantages. You are seeing it as it will solve the problem for people who don't want to see the surroundings and those that do but it may cause "issues" and for the fairness they are trying to eliminate as many variables as they can to keep it even across the board. So stuff like that may not be correct to use, not that it wouldn't be a fix, just not fair to those who decide to use it vs the ones that don't

17 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

@Razor if you have the option of seeing and not seeing the surroundings it gives people advantages. You are seeing it as it will solve the problem for people who don't want to see the surroundings and those that do but it may cause "issues" and for the fairness they are trying to eliminate as many variables as they can to keep it even across the board. So stuff like that may not be correct to use, not that it wouldn't be a fix, just not fair to those who decide to use it vs the ones that don't

Yup, pretty much!

I'm voting for the 'old games' style scope where the surroundings aren't visible as I believe it allows the player to better focus on what's through the scope and also comes with the advantages of higher FPS and less work for the developers. As for the reticle, in a perfect world I would prefer the csgo style of a thin cross for maximum visibility however I understand this game does have a WW2 setting so things probably shouldn't be invented out of thin air even if they do lead to better gameplay.