Zane

Sniper Scope in B:44

33 posts in this topic

One thing I really don't like in recent fps games is the way the sniper works while zooming in and this is mostly due to the "new" way the snipers look when you are using the scope. 

Just to have some comparison this is what it used to be in old games: maxresdefault.jpg

And this is it now: Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-8

Back when i used to play on sniper only servers on Cod4, most players, me included, used to spam the "aim" key so that if you had an enemy in front of you, it would have taken less time to aim and shoot, since the animation had already been started. But with the new way the aiming down the sight works, it is not that convenient anymore, at least for me, since while aiming your whole visual is zoomed in and the crosshairs is moved a bit, so if you keep spamming the aim button it is harder to keep your attention on what's going on in front of you,since your whole screen is moving, instead with the old system you just had the animation and then swapped into the zoomed in mode. I'd like to know is how it is going to be in Battalion and what you guys prefer between the 2.

(sorry for my poor english, but i'm not a native english speaker and this topic was kinda hard to explain for me :D )

interesting question... It will not surprise you I prefer the CoD1 style :P

I also prefer black around the scope circle.. (like the first picture)

But i'm pretty sure the devs will nail it in a way.. like eehm... everything ;)

COD4 Promod scope would be perfect, static and clear visibility is what we need.

2 minutes ago, hedarn said:

COD4 Promod scope would be perfect, static and clear visibility is what we need.

Looks pretty good :)

Just now, WeAsOne said:

Looks pretty good :)

Yes, its just simple solution and i think that the most of us would be satisfied with that kind of scope.

2 minutes ago, hedarn said:

Agreed :)

Posted (edited)

It also looks like the CoD2 scope ;)

But I would like to see what the devs have made of it..

Edited by WeAsOne

PU_scopes-31_NPZ_reticle.jpg

this....100000% must be one of the reticals.....also there were no mil dots or tacs on scopes back in WW2. A "sniper" was only implemented after WW2 as a fully functional "role". In WW1 it was tested and it was....alright....and WW2 it was to take out  machine gunners, scouting, and behind the enemy line positions. Then because of its success they were then given a permanent "role".

3 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

-snip

Sure but you have to remember Battalion doesn't aim to be a WW2 realistic fps, so i can see the devs adding some weapons in the game which will be defined as "snipers" and works as the sniper rifles we are used to in other games, just like Activision did with WaW

6 minutes ago, Zane said:

-snip

sure but still, its WW2 themed and w/e alterations happen should be close to or exactly what they had in WW2. I mean if we could put a nice Leupold or Nighforce scope on the Springfield....like we can today.....the war would been by snipers only lol 1000-1600 yard shots....easy lol

1 hour ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

Personally I love something like this one:

sniper-scope-620_1848292i.jpg

not saying i don't love a mildot scope but sticking to the era...there was none! and the size of the scopes were so small that getting a reticle like that was impossible!

2 hours ago, LysoO said:

-snip

They're kinda similar tbh, only thing which change is the reticle, but that doesn't make a huge difference, even tho i prefer cod4 scope for visibility

Edited by Zane

the difference between the two scopes is one is a sniper scope for rifles and the other is a hybrid rifle/crossbow scope lmao

16 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

the difference between the two scopes is one is a sniper scope for rifles and the other is a hybrid rifle/crossbow scope lmao

Scopes are looking very similar... I love simplicity of cod4promod scope or csgo scope... BUT i hate visual fx that are bluring scope sight (crossed lines) while player is moving! I like static one like promod has which is rendered of simple texture with alpha channel. :)

Edited by LysoO
Asd

16 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

not saying i don't love a mildot scope but sticking to the era...there was none! and the size of the scopes were so small that getting a reticle like that was impossible!

Totally agree with you.

I musted be more precise and admit that I was off topic 😅

I was more focused about the 'scoping' that about the scope it self.

Personally I love to see my environement and have a 'zoomed area'. 

About the scope reticle I love was you have posted @DukeNukem

I like it when everything's black around the scope 

I liked CoD1 scope the most since it required a lot of skill to use effectively
Kuvahaun tulos haulle call of duty 1 scope

But that's probably not gonna happen nowadays anymore :P One reason for sure is that the games are usually a lot more fast-paced now, too

13 hours ago, LysoO said:

Scopes are looking very similar... I love simplicity of cod4promod scope or csgo scope... BUT i hate visual fx that are bluring scope sight (crossed lines) while player is moving! I like static one like promod has which is rendered of simple texture with alpha channel. :)

I agree with the visual fix but the reason they have the blurry scope when moving is because you WILL BE inaccurate when you move. Its just CSGO's way of dealing with it. BF4 just had scope bobbing and people learned that real quick.

3 hours ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

Totally agree with you.

I musted be more precise and admit that I was off topic 😅

I was more focused about the 'scoping' that about the scope it self.

Personally I love to see my environement and have a 'zoomed area'. 

About the scope reticle I love was you have posted @DukeNukem

No worries m8 i knew exactly what you were looking to say :) everyone likes the modern scopes! They look epic and its just fun to  use in a game and it also gives you a reference of where to aim if there was bullet drop in a game. Some games have a more drastic bullet drop effect than others but i don't think battalion will have bullet drop what so ever

1 hour ago, vozER said:

I like it when everything's black around the scope 

50/50 with you on this. On the agreeing side i see it as competitive because you can only focus on a single spot instead of the whole 110 degree field of view or so BUT i don't agree because i believe if you are able to see your surroundings (blurry but visible) around the scope it would add realism along with the ability to have more "skill" to keeping aware of your surroundings. Plus its "realistic" for those who want some realism

On 3/17/2017 at 6:37 PM, DukeNukem said:

PU_scopes-31_NPZ_reticle.jpg

this....100000% must be one of the reticals.....also there were no mil dots or tacs on scopes back in WW2. A "sniper" was only implemented after WW2 as a fully functional "role". In WW1 it was tested and it was....alright....and WW2 it was to take out  machine gunners, scouting, and behind the enemy line positions. Then because of its success they were then given a permanent "role".

This one, oh yes by far!

Can't wait to see what we end up with 9_9

there some really salty people using the downvotes lol

Razor i hope there will be traditional scope reticles as well. The German and Russian ones were the best ones in my opinion haha even though they were very similar

25 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

there some really salty people using the downvotes

It is more easy to downvote than to present arguments. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

i believe if you are able to see your surroundings (blurry but visible) around the scope it would add realism along with the ability to have more "skill" to keeping aware of your surroundings. Plus its "realistic" for those who want some realism

+1  <----This is not an argument but my comment ! :P

3 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

It is more easy to downvote than to present arguments. :ph34r:

+1  <----This is not an argument but my comment ! :P

hahahaha soldat!!! The SOLDAT INFO TRAIN!!! CHOOO CHOOOOO

12 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

there some really salty people using the downvotes lol

Razor i hope there will be traditional scope reticles as well. The German and Russian ones were the best ones in my opinion haha even though they were very similar

Agree, my point is we need one where the outside of the scope isn't blacked out so we ca watch whats going on around us. Little blur doesn't matter :)

I have not given this much thought so I'm just going to throw this out there.

What if.. When zooming you start off seeing around the scope, blurred out like some people are suggesting. The longer you stay scoped in, i.e. when holding an angle or fixed cross position, the outside dims down until it's all black and you can't see around the scope. You need to move/unzoom and zoom again in order to reset that.

While I personally vote for the should-always-be-black-around-the-scope option as well it could be interesting to try it out.