Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ToonBE

Classes/Roles

Recommended Posts

This post is no more actual after the merge thread action

 

:ph34r:

20170316_062445.thumb.png.d09ec1b522a259b3ee040598b02926a3.png

 

:D

But, because I'm a friendly guy, I'll give an answer too.

Personally I didn't need classes. Just team mates.

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf
This post is no more actual after the merge thread action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    73
On 14/01/2017 at 1:15 AM, mazh said:

devs, please tell me there is no shotguns

This. I know they do make appearances in some older WW2 titles, but I'm hoping they are not included. Also shotguns were not used in ETO, the only exception is some use by military police behind the lines but again rare.

Edited by Oldboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chippy    73

Shotguns are already confirmed.
 

 

Edited by chippy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    73
2 hours ago, chippy said:

Shotguns are already confirmed.
 

 

Grim.

Edited by Oldboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freakshow    176
19 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Grim.

Care to elaborate? It's nothing personal, I'm just genuinely interested. Is this a "shotgun OP omg" complaint or is it something else?

I see a few people who are madly against shotguns on here. I've played a lot of competitive FPS with/against shotgunners (can't say I've ever really used them much) but I just accept they exist and try to counter them where possible. In a game like this, 1 bullet from a Kar98k will put them down (unless you hit their hand) and we have grenades to counter people camping with them.

Also should they prove to be overpowered, they will be tuned accordingly, surely?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    371

shotguns are just close range sniper rifles. why do people get upset about them when they don't get upset about sniper rifles? if a shotgun kills me from 100 metres then i'll get upset but if you get a faceful of buckshot running round a corner suck it up. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freakshow    176
12 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

if a shotgun kills me from 100 metres then i'll get upset

Which I totally understand, of course. This is what balancing is for. Such an issue would be obvious and would justify complaints and would be tuned in alpha/beta/ea. 

I just don't understand the mindset of people getting all salty at their (quite predictable) existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
1 minute ago, Freakshow said:

Which I totally understand, of course. This is what balancing is for. Such an issue would be obvious and would justify complaints and would be tuned in alpha/beta/ea. 

I just don't understand the mindset of people getting all salty at their (quite predictable) existence.

If I recall shotguns in COD5 where perfect, well the double barrel was anyway. Anything outside 25 feet and it was never a one hit kill. Inside of that and it was a 1 hit kill 85% of the time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    73
57 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

Care to elaborate? It's nothing personal, I'm just genuinely interested. Is this a "shotgun OP omg" complaint or is it something else?

I see a few people who are madly against shotguns on here. I've played a lot of competitive FPS with/against shotgunners (can't say I've ever really used them much) but I just accept they exist and try to counter them where possible. In a game like this, 1 bullet from a Kar98k will put them down (unless you hit their hand) and we have grenades to counter people camping with them.

Also should they prove to be oveurpowered, they will be tuned accordingly, surely?

 

 

27 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

shotguns are just close range sniper rifles. why do people get upset about them when they don't get upset about sniper rifles? if a shotgun kills me from 100 metres then i'll get upset but if you get a faceful of buckshot running round a corner suck it up. 

I personally just find them an unnecessary addition gameplay wise and that's without bringing history into it. What's worse is that very few games get them right or balanced well.

I'm personally not a big fan of scoped rifles either unless they have a class limit.

Edited by Oldboy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shepherd92    5
5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

 if a shotgun kills me from 100 metres then i'll get upset but if you get a faceful of buckshot running round a corner suck it up. 

I don't get, why people are upset about that. Talking about well balanced FPS i can get the point, but playing FPS / Simulators like ArmA, OPF, Red Orchestra I just never did understand why people complain.

Talking about combat shotguns one of the main factors is the ammunition. Using buck rounds the effective combat range maxes out at about 40 Meters. Using Slug rounds the effective combat range can max out at about 100 Meters, so technically yes, in that case you can compare it to a close range sniper rifle.

main-qimg-55423ec4ce374f6445feb17b7d456b

               9_9                                Max Out 40 M                      Max Out 100 M

5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

shotguns are just close range sniper rifles. why do people get upset about them when they don't get upset about sniper rifles?

Talking about that point, I do neither understand why people get upset about shotguns.

Don't get me wrong, i did not want to offend anyone, but I hear people complaining over and over, in nearly every FPS, that uses shotgun classes , about beeing killed just crossing a road within a 20 Meter range of the enemy.

5 hours ago, Oldboy said:

I'm personally not a big fan of scoped rifles either unless they have a class limit.

That's a thing I would prefer for shotguns in case shotgun ranges correspond to the used ammunition, if there won't be a buying system.

 

I'd like to know what you guys think about that shotgun balancing. Am I that wrong with that point?

 

Edited by Shepherd92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soldat Ryan    350

Shotguns are for close combat and/or inside fight. A shotgun front of a semi-automatic gun is "almost" (depend of range) losing each time

Being in the game is a plus. IMHO.

With my teammates, to ending our evening party on COD4 or COD5, we are doing regulary some rounds on small maps with "shotguns only" and it is really funny ! A real blood bath ! :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Znidy    14
On 1/17/2017 at 5:40 PM, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

Personally I love the idea of "let me take what I would".

I've never understood why I can't put bomb as sniper for example.

Each weapon, as said, have proper mechanics but weight too.

 

If I took only a pistol I would be faster than one with an heavy gun, but if I take many grenades, explosives,... or some armor (now I speak in general, not necessarily for Bat44) perhaps he would be faster than me.

All this aspects make a game balanced and fun... and because it's a game I think that a 100% personalisation can be good.

 

And if after 2 weeks we will see just 1 configuration it would mean that, somewhere, something isn't properly good balanced.

 

Have fun, this must be the first credo of a game and a gamer

Your idea of assigning weight to weapons is actually a good one, since Red Orchestra employed similar system of "encumberance". You would pick up one or two more weapons, but you would move slowly, run out of stamina very fast when you sprinted and have bigger sway after sprinting. So I definitely like that, it's realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    371
1 minute ago, Znidy said:

Your idea of assigning weight to weapons is actually a good one, since Red Orchestra employed similar system of "encumberance". You would pick up one or two more weapons, but you would move slowly, run out of stamina very fast when you sprinted and have bigger sway after sprinting. So I definitely like that, it's realistic.

i think this is already in the game. Brammertron mentioned that players equipped with a smg move faster than those equipped with a rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    73
5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

i think this is already in the game. Brammertron mentioned that players equipped with a smg move faster than those equipped with a rifle.

Kinda funny considering a Thompson is heavier than an M1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeAsOne    220
1 hour ago, Oldboy said:

Kinda funny considering a Thompson is heavier than an M1.

Weights:

Kar98: 3,92 kg

M1 Garand: 4,31 kg

MP44: 4,62 kg

Thompson: 4,90 kg

BAR: around 8.00 kg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    371
1 hour ago, Oldboy said:

Kinda funny considering a Thompson is heavier than an M1.

i don't think the gun in-game is directly related to the weight of the real gun. the in-game weighting also takes into account range, fire rate and dps. but i'm no dev so i may be wrong. gameplay balance takes priority over realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeAsOne    220

Well I need to "feel" the game first before having a real opinion, but I think a Kar98 should not be really slower in comparison to a Thompson..

The BAR (if it's in the game) should be really slower ;) otherwise that one is really OP..

For balancing the Kar98 should not slower the movement because it's already really slow in shooting the 2nd bullet.. So you hit & kill or miss and likely die :) (but maybe the movement is only a little slower.. idk.. need to play the alpha first)

Edited by WeAsOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeNukem    187

has noone ever heard of the belt fed K98k? it was hitler's secret weapon!!!! :P

 

Though as far as balance will there be weapon overheating for machine guns? I totally forgot if we discussed this. I know we were talking about "barrel changes" but idk about over heating. I only say this because of the MG42....its the fastest shooting machine gun and if it doesn't have an overheat...it will be TOTALLY OP.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    371
7 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

has noone ever heard of the belt fed K98k? it was hitler's secret weapon!!!! :P

 

Though as far as balance will there be weapon overheating for machine guns? I totally forgot if we discussed this. I know we were talking about "barrel changes" but idk about over heating. I only say this because of the MG42....its the fastest shooting machine gun and if it doesn't have an overheat...it will be TOTALLY OP.....

weapons will behave like COD/CS:GO i would guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeNukem    187
3 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

weapons will behave like COD/CS:GO i would guess.

that i BEG for not to happen......i will literally suicide myself if i have to rely on patterns.......i just wanna point and shoot.... lolol if we can pick up the rifle to aim...it better go in one direction!!! STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BARREL!!! hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×