Sameer11

Battle Royale

8 posts in this topic

Alright so after following this game's development for a while and seeing how responsive the devs have been (bless you) I realised this is the perfect opportunity to suggest a game mode. I'll keep this short now. A battle royale game mode. I can't think of any such game on current gen consoles or any game that has the potential that this does for us console peeps as battle royale games are usually found on pc to my knowledge. Without further ado!

- Free for all

- No respawn

- Initial weapon should be a melee weapon

- Weapons (both primary and secondary) scattered across the map but not too many (so not everyone can find the same type of weapon. For example, out of 10 people only 3 in total could have machine guns or shotguns and no machine gun is the same) I would suggest having only 2 snipers though with a player count of 10 in mind (presuming snipers should be part of this mode at all)

- Everyone should be able to find a secondary weapon (but once again as diverse variety as possible)

- Grenades could be found next to some guns and not others

- This point is just a suggestion to increase the player count for this particular game mode as the devs see fit.

- The feeling I believe this game mode would elicit out of the players would be that of pure survival, lots of camping and waiting for the perfect moment to find your enemy unawares.

- I do understand this mode might start off feeling like a 'gun game' ripoff but what ensues in the first minute could change anyone's opinion I'd like to believe. Looking forward to a healthy discussion!

I'd love to see the modding community do something like this, but I think this is more of an Arma thing

my first thought as i started reading this thread was 'gun game' or mike myers (the unofficial name for knife only) but i think it's a good idea. only drawback i see is i don't know how well it would play on anything smaller than a medium size map.

Posted (edited)

sounds like a really cool idea although Battle royale is more enjoyable if the maps are very large and considering BAT44 is focused on small comp maps balanced for 5v5 i think it would be hard for the devs to implement the gamemode into the already excisting maps. But i do think however the modding community could become extremely creative with this one. Maybe making a D-Day battle royale map where everyone starts on the beaches? I don't know it also kinda seems like if people want a good battle royale experience then BAT44 is probaly not the best platform to offer that. With mods or without.

Edited by CrazyZxZGhost

Considering the maps can be overloaded to around 25 people, correct me if im wrong devs or someone who knows, im sure its possible to get something like this going. Im sure the modders will create maps that are large enough for just this. Hell id love to give it a shot if i could understand how to use UE4 :/ lolol

I'm not so much for Battle Royale but I do miss gungame! That and prophunt was damn fun!

As @Farq-S said I would love to see a modder make a Mike Myers game. That was amazing on LAN back in the day.