Jump to content
ritt

Colourful maps with example pictures

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Do the dev's plan on adding colourful maps? Like CoD2. If you get a good idea of cod2 there was full of colour in the maps. 

 

sReO0a1.jpg

 

n8yKRIx.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ritt said:

Hello,

Do the dev's plan on adding colourful maps? Like CoD2. If you get a good idea of cod2 there was full of colour in the maps. 

 

sReO0a1.jpg

 

n8yKRIx.jpg

Hey,

Bright, clear and crisp visuals (which ofcourse entails color as well) is a concern of many on this forum.

As seen in the VLOG posted last week, it seems that they are doing a decent job. I suggest you go watch it.

A lot will become clear when they release the first gameplay video which is bound to be released this week or the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

[...] which is bound to be released this week or the next.

I'd be careful making those kind of statements ;)

But yes, from what I've seen in recent vlog, heard in previous vlogs and read on this forums I think it's safe to say the developers have a clear grasp on what visuals are both wanted and needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chippy said:

I'd be careful making those kind of statements ;)

It is confirmed on twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well post/statements like that have been posted numerous times, :P and delayed again and again ;)

Maybe I'm wrong this time :)  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Bright, clear and crisp visuals (which ofcourse entails color as well) is a concern of many on this forum.

We've been reading the forums, taking on feedback and have been working towards this over the past year. It has been tempting to throw all of UE4's visual effects at the game but in reality, we're making an old school shooter where visibility and game play is above all else.

So we've been working with the design ethos of having visibility as a high priority for Battalion's map designs.

You'll be able to see an example map in action soon!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

We've been reading the forums, taking on feedback and have been working towards this over the past year. It has been tempting to throw all of UE4's visual effects at the game but in reality, we're making an old school shooter where visibility and game play is above all else.

So we've been working with the design ethos of having visibility as a high priority for Battalion's map designs.

You'll be able to see an example map in action soon!

Thursday 30th March be like...

54079759.jpg

 

*Gameplay video

*Livestream (EGX) ... I hope will se some search and destroy gameplay :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

we're making an old school shooter where visibility and game play is above all else.

So we've been working with the design ethos of having visibility as a high priority for Battalion's map designs.

Very nice to read this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just something to consider. It was a pretty wet and overcast during the month of June of '44. So try to avoid making every Normandy map bright and sunny.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Just something to consider. It was a pretty wet and overcast during the month of June of '44. So try to avoid making every Normandy map bright and sunny.

Comon man arnt you taking this "historically correct" a bit too far?

Who cares if it was raining in June '44 in Normandy?

I want bright and sunny maps, with easy and crisp graphics and perfect visibility. The rest I don't care about.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Just something to consider. It was a pretty wet and overcast during the month of June of '44. So try to avoid making every Normandy map bright and sunny.

The comp guys got this one nailed down so forget it. We will wait for the modders to come in and save us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Just something to consider. It was a pretty wet and overcast during the month of June of '44. So try to avoid making every Normandy map bright and sunny.

On the flip side of that, don't make it too gloomy, rainy and foggy. I don't mind maps having night/day/dusk/sunny/overcast/etc as long as it doesn't affect visibility and gameplay (or performance for that matter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Comon man arnt you taking this "historically correct" a bit too far?

Who cares if it was raining in June '44 in Normandy?

I want bright and sunny maps, with easy and crisp graphics and perfect visibility. The rest I don't care about.

My argument is more in the interest of adding a bit of variety to the maps rather than just copy-pasting a perfect sunny day into every single map. I'm not asking for rain, but a bit of of on overcast sky couldn't go amiss.

On the point of being "historically correct" you can take it very far without harming the gameplay at all.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen Oldboy... Unreal engine may be... but war wasn't pretty.  Authentic looking environments or maps  for some of us are just as important as having perfect visibility is for some. Surely bad weather would be just something else for EVERYONE to master! Otherwise why use engines capable of realistic world environments if you refuse to use half their abilities!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×