Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonPablo

Are console versions neglected?

20 posts in this topic

I have the feeling the console versions are neglected. It's understandable that the PC version has priority, but very many backers are console players and want the same experience as the PC players. Joe said last year after the kickstarter campaign: "Now we can compete with CoD and BF." So I expect a reasonable console port, so 1080p/60fps are mandatory, especially on the PS4 Pro. A beta I do not expect, but maybe with Square Enix is now possible?

Anyway, please also provide the best possible game for the console players. We would be very thankful!

Cheers

PS: Sorry for my english... :-)

Sorry to say, console players will NEVER have the same experience as those on PC. Its just not possible with the hardware on console. The Devs HAVE NOT neglected the consoles but because this game was designed and meant for competitive PC play they will be focusing on that first. I am sure when the console version is available it will be well polished and a full game.

Let us PC guys have the headaches first so the game can run smoothly :)

Posted (edited)

CoD or BF run on all platforms the same (minimal differences) and I expect that from Battalion. Of course, no 120+ Hz is possible, but I just hope that the console port will not be a fail...

Edited by DonPablo

they just announced last week that square enix will be publishing Bat44. with a publisher on-board it's probably more likely the game will reach console sooner rather than later but the devs rightly prioritise PC as it takes more work to get that right. bulkhead's last game, The Turing Test, launched on XB1 and PC simultaneously and PS4 a few months later if i remember correctly.

Ehh you console guys ruined enough stuff for us pc gamers already. Just stand in line thanks :).

7 minutes ago, Maszii said:

Ehh you console guys ruined enough stuff for us pc gamers already. Just stand in line thanks :).

Screenshot_3.jpg

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, DonPablo said:

I have the feeling the console versions are neglected. It's understandable that the PC version has priority, but very many backers are console players and want the same experience as the PC players. Joe said last year after the kickstarter campaign: "Now we can compete with CoD and BF." So I expect a reasonable console port, so 1080p/60fps are mandatory, especially on the PS4 Pro. A beta I do not expect, but maybe with Square Enix is now possible?

Anyway, please also provide the best possible game for the console players. We would be very thankful!

Cheers

the last i heard they have a separate build for consoles so it's not a port but i wouldn't expect to get 60fps. more like 30fps. i could be wrong but i don't remember a console game on UE4 running at 60fps.

Edited by Farq-S

13 hours ago, DonPablo said:

Cheers

My thoughts on this:

Just think about it. This game is made for the PC and is meant to be be played on the PC (a competitive oriented fps). The fact that there will be console versions is just because it makes sense from a business point of view (sales, income).

During the whole life of bat44 the PC version will always be the no1 priority. Not only because an fps can only be played like it should on PC, but also because of the possibilities that steam provides and modding.

A good PC is not expensive anymore. If you are on console just consider to make the switch to PC. You will not regret it and you prob will only use your console to play fifa with friends.

i5/amd ryzen + gtx 1060 + 8GB RAM + SSD is not that expensive anymore. The computer case, screen, keyboard and mouse you can see as a long term investment. The building is fairly easy, but you can always use websites like Ibuypower, etc..

I dunno.. I too had a console, but you are never getting me back on that platform. If you really want to enjoy battalion 1944 the way it is intended I think you should consider a PC.

No offense intended.

It's not about PC expenses.  I have a powerful PC but don't play FPS on it because I find KBM simply retarded and unusable.  It was okay 25 years ago holding my wrist at an awkward angle flat on a table but now...?  No way.

I also can't be bothered with bugs, patches, crashes and drivers.  Not to mention no exclusives, there is no Uncharted etc on PC because of theft.

Posted (edited)

On 14-3-2017 at 9:31 AM, ToonBE said:

A good PC is not expensive anymore.

Well it's a huge amount of money for most of us.. I just bought a game pc for Battalion but I had to live for 2 months on bread and water xD..

A console costs maybe € 400,- and a good pc around 1200.. That is 3x as much!

And @ClintBeastwood M+KB is still superior to a controller xD

Edited by WeAsOne

1 minute ago, WeAsOne said:

Well it's a huge amount of money for most of us.. I just bought a game pc for Battalion but I had to live for 2 months on bread and water xD..

Yeah haha:p I agree. But you won't regret eating all that bread znd water :P

2 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Yeah haha:p I agree. But you won't regret eating all that bread znd water :P

Hahaha no i'm sure.. bought my first (and previous) game pc around 2003-2004 when CoD1 came out.. That was my fathers money but I did never regret hahaha

11 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

Hahaha no i'm sure.. bought my first (and previous) game pc around 2003-2004 when CoD1 came out.. That was my fathers money but I did never regret hahaha

xDxD

I remember my first PC, upgrading to 512MB ram by adding a stick of 256MB haha. Here we are today with 16gigs:p My 64MB memory on my gpu was also very nice ahah

Good old days:p

On 13/03/2017 at 7:22 PM, DonPablo said:

1080p/60fps are mandatory,

We're aiming for 1080/60fps ... However... BF1 isn't 1080p/60fps... it's between 30 and 45. 

16 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

And @ClintBeastwood M+KB is still superior to a controller xD

That's entirely subjective.  The only benefit actually comes from the mouse, in certain games that require rapid aiming accuracy.  The keyboard offers no benefit at all.  For the majority of games it's basically shit in comparison.

It's not 'superior' for beat 'em ups, for example.

2 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We're aiming for 1080/60fps ... However... BF1 isn't 1080p/60fps... it's between 30 and 45. 

Thats great! It will be a port or extra programmed for the console?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

the fact you're even aiming for 60fps on consoles isn't something i even expected. if you achieve it that would propel the game into the top-tier alongside Overwatch, BF1, Titanfall 2 and COD. and it'll sell a ton of copies. the resolution isn't important by comparison. if it's above 900p, no-one will care if its a steady 60fps.

if you're able to put in options like an extensive button mapping system, fov slider and halfway decent graphical options, buying this game would become a no-brainer for FPS junkies.

Edited by Farq-S

Posted (edited)

pcmr_2048x2048.jpg?14149033030612572300

I just had to join in on the fun where its PC vs Consoles hahahaha i stopped at PS2, everything seemed so repetitive after that :/ barely got better every version that came out after that....plus a PC is more useful than a console....

As for the game don't worry console peasants....it will come!!!!!

Edited by DukeNukem

3 hours ago, Farq-S said:

the fact you're even aiming for 60fps on consoles isn't something i even expected. if you achieve it that would propel the game into the top-tier alongside Overwatch, BF1, Titanfall 2 and COD. and it'll sell a ton of copies. the resolution isn't important by comparison. if it's above 900p, no-one will care if its a steady 60fps.

if you're able to put in options like an extensive button mapping system, fov slider and halfway decent graphical options, buying this game would become a no-brainer for FPS junkies.

900p/60fps and i'm happy. :-)

Especially on the PS4 Pro it's more than possible.