Soldat Ryan

Fear is knocking to the door

Razor    371
1 hour ago, kinda said:

You didn't had to xD

I know, but you post didnt deserve a downvote ;)

Naroshi    17

After reading everything here i thought i would give my opinion real quick.

For me to enjoy a game in the long run i need some sort of Ranked so i can feel like i accomplished something with the hours i put into the game otherwise i feel like im wasting my time (which im probably doing anyways playing a game :D) but i guess some will understand my point here.

Secondly, I dont mind microtransactions at all as long as it doesnt make the game P2W, i understand why people and the Devs would want "crazy" Skins in the game, if you got a Skin for your Weapon or whatever you want to show it off i get it and for the Devs it could be a consistent moneymaker to keep the game going (CSGO) and support the competitive scene like they stated.

I also understand why OP is concerned, he supported the game when there was no such thing as microtransaction and prolly fears whats next BUT i feel like todays Games need microtransaction to survive and build a competitive scene.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dogster    112

I've waited to post as I wanted to gauge people's feelings to see if mine were unreasonable. I can remember the original tag-line to make the best classic WWII FPS and with the big V-log announcement the other day it did come across that Bat44 was not going to be tied to a WWII environment. That in itself is not a deal breaker but it is an indication that things have moved into different areas. All the points raised here have been very valid and it really serves no purpose in going over them all again but what I would say is after an experience with another game that moved the goalposts I believe some of us are a little worried that perhaps it could be happening again. Now after a bad experience it's very easy to get twitchy about things that we assumed were set In stone that now seem to be a bit more fluid and flexible.

What i can say is this I know with my interactions with the devs here that they "without question want the best game they can make" my only concern now is that the game they want and the game they described are currently not completely the same and for some people that is the biggest cause for concern.  In the end because of the length of time from inception to delivery there of course will be changes of thinking and that's to be expected, I believe after the V-log statement that the devs will be spending more time on here that could help solve these concerns. So now perhaps  as questions get raised, before they have time to fester they could get answered. Some will see this as a negative post but it is just observations I have made by reading recently....more than posting, I have been less active of late because of a number of reasons! having been heavily involved in three games there has been a element of frustration that in lots of areas, in all games that discussions about cosmetics seem to get more traction and input than actual discussions on gameplay and design........... Just the random ramblings of an old hippy!!

• Upvote 4

Ryssk    24

In the initial start when i backed this project, there was a few screw loose (I mean like information being swapped left and right)

So it was really hard to understand what the games goal/potentional was, but since the latest VLOG that was shown last week it's quite clear what the direction is. They want to cater both casual and the competitive players (Which is a great thing!)

The problem is, it was a long time since we saw a game that was like that, latest that the real casual/competitive game to be released was CS:GO that actually manages to fill that gap. Well, There's Overwatch also but i wouldnt really use that game when describing BT44 or CS:GO :)

Now with a WW2 game, hopefully BAT44 can fill that gap with providing a new type of FPS genre out there.

And to be honest, from the initial project, by looking forum,kickstarter AND Discord the devs has been quite clear that the game will be competitive? And to have microtransactions that boosts your progress as a player within the game i dont see how that would be a deal-breaker all of a sudden? I would say, the more content the game, the more players it can attract isnt a bad thing... 

For a game to grow, you need to see the bigger picture by adding more content.. Like CS:GO does, adding more skins, changing official maps and what not.. That's how they keep their game interested and growing. The same with Overwatch with their contents.. The game is getting bigger and bigger, and now with the League coming aswell it can be bigger than at this point... 

But if you cant attract players and  you dont have any content, you've got just a plain old server browser without any Match Making system, it's going to be hard to even compete against the other FPS games out there.. Then you would start to rely solely on the community itself to make the game bigger. 

So what my point is, it's not fear knocking at the door, it's needed changes that are knocking at the door for an FPS game to survive both in the casual and competitive enviroment in 2017. Remember, we're not living in the early 2000s anymore!

Edited by Ryssk

xXclusiivE    3
5 hours ago, Ryssk said:

In the initial start when i backed this project, there was a few screw loose (I mean like information being swapped left and right)

So it was really hard to understand what the games goal/potentional was, but since the latest VLOG that was shown last week it's quite clear what the direction is. They want to cater both casual and the competitive players (Which is a great thing!)

The problem is, it was a long time since we saw a game that was like that, latest that the real casual/competitive game to be released was CS:GO that actually manages to fill that gap. Well, There's Overwatch also but i wouldnt really use that game when describing BT44 or CS:GO :)

Now with a WW2 game, hopefully BAT44 can fill that gap with providing a new type of FPS genre out there.

And to be honest, from the initial project, by looking forum,kickstarter AND Discord the devs has been quite clear that the game will be competitive? And to have microtransactions that boosts your progress as a player within the game i dont see how that would be a deal-breaker all of a sudden? I would say, the more content the game, the more players it can attract isnt a bad thing... 

For a game to grow, you need to see the bigger picture by adding more content.. Like CS:GO does, adding more skins, changing official maps and what not.. That's how they keep their game interested and growing. The same with Overwatch with their contents.. The game is getting bigger and bigger, and now with the League coming aswell it can be bigger than at this point... 

But if you cant attract players and  you dont have any content, you've got just a plain old server browser without any Match Making system, it's going to be hard to even compete against the other FPS games out there.. Then you would start to rely solely on the community itself to make the game bigger. 

So what my point is, it's not fear knocking at the door, it's needed changes that are knocking at the door for an FPS game to survive both in the casual and competitive enviroment in 2017. Remember, we're not living in the early 2000s anymore!

Screenshot_1vsdzv.jpg.4e2417b92b203e9723b19cc19bfc387c.jpg

There is absolutely no casual mode in CS:GO. They give you a playlist that says "casual" but its all the same as the comp playlist with just fewer rounds to win.

• Downvote 5

Zane    24
5 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

There is absolutely no casual mode in CS:GO. They give you a playlist that says "casual" but its all the same as the comp playlist with just fewer rounds to win.

Still the game is plenty of servers for the ones who want to play casually

• Downvote 2

ToonBE    257
5 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

This is incorrect.

A lot of people play csgo casually... 

• Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, ToonBE said:

This is incorrect.

A lot of people play csgo casually... 

No, you can play it "casually" but CS:GO in no way is a casual game which is what the person who I originally replied to stated.

• Downvote 1

ToonBE    257
8 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

No, you can play it "casually" but CS:GO in no way is a casual game which is what the person who I originally replied to stated.

Hi mate,

I just can't get my head around why csgo would not be a casual game. You have free for all servers, team deathmatch servers, arms race, every now and then an operation with missions you can play with friends in co-op mode, you have all type of community game modes (surfing, retake,..). You can also cue with friends and play a MM game just to enjoy yourself and have a laugh, etc.

CSGO can be played casually. Besides the above you can also try to improve and compete on a higher level (LEM-GE) or enter 3rd party providers such as ESEA or FaceIt. In this situation you play to improve and win and maybe this is not what corresponds with your view of 'casual', but still I am such a player and I consider myself to play the game casually. I just enjoy the game in my free time. I have a fixed group of guys I play with and we have a lot of fun. We play 10mans vs eachother in a very laid back way, etc.

To me your argument that CSGO is not to be enjoyed casually or that csgo is not a casual game just doesnt make sense to me. By definition all games are casual:p

Also, there is nothing better than watching a pro match on your TV. I consider this casual as well!

Edited by ToonBE
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Razor    371

Wow, we absolutly need some new info or videos from the Devs! We don't have anything more to discuss, so every topic made on here fly offtopic in a split second and never gets back on track :P:P

From worries about the direction of Battalion 1944 -----> CSGO casual or not  swooooooosh 9_9:DO.oO.o

• Upvote 2

Ryssk    24
18 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

I dont know, but you and me seem to have whole lotta different opinion on casual gaming. 

Like can you please stop? I know you're quite stubborn on your opinions but you cant go around and saying to other people that they are wrong? you're literally trying to say that one of the biggest casual/competitive FPS game ISNT casual at all?

Dear lord.

Edited by Ryssk
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Datamursu    28

Saying that there is absolutely not casual mode in CS:GO is like saying that there is no way to play football/icehockey/whatever casually because you can have same rules just with shorter periods in "beer leagues" or in games with friends. It is also stupid to cling on that "Casual playlist" because it is not only choice you have in CS:GO as said earlier, though CS:GO's mechanics are more comfortable for competitive players and community servers are bit hidden if you don't bother to seek them.

For me it is not about mechanical stuff which make difference between casual or competitive but attitude how you play the game and it is even better if mechanical stuff allow me to decide between those two. It just happen to be that good games to play competitively are often also good games to play casually because competitive gaming need strong casual community to stay alive. Casual games in the other hand don't necessary need competitive elements that much but they can benefit from them as for many too easy things get boring quickly. This is biggest reason for me that I am not that much worried about what I have seen or heard about where Battalion 1944 is going in gameplay wise, but I hope that we get Linux files for community servers and we don't have to stick with 3rd party provider and hope good quality service.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, Datamursu said:

Saying that there is absolutely not casual mode in CS:GO is like saying that there is no way to play football/icehockey/whatever casually because you can have same rules just with shorter periods in "beer leagues" or in games with friends. It is also stupid to cling on that "Casual playlist" because it is not only choice you have in CS:GO as said earlier, though CS:GO's mechanics are more comfortable for competitive players and community servers are bit hidden if you don't bother to seek them.

For me it is not about mechanical stuff which make difference between casual or competitive but attitude how you play the game and it is even better if mechanical stuff allow me to decide between those two. It just happen to be that good games to play competitively are often also good games to play casually because competitive gaming need strong casual community to stay alive. Casual games in the other hand don't necessary need competitive elements that much but they can benefit from them as for many too easy things get boring quickly. This is biggest reason for me that I am not that much worried about what I have seen or heard about where Battalion 1944 is going in gameplay wise, but I hope that we get Linux files for community servers and we don't have to stick with 3rd party provider and hope good quality service.

And this is were we differ...