Soldat Ryan

Fear is knocking to the door

Soldat Ryan    350

For Devs,

One year ago, after stopping to beleive in words of game studios, i had a new hope on game industry.
An indie company decided to offer to the gamers a new WW2 in the spirit of old great FPS in the line of COD, MOH or ET under a modern engine.

• Devs stuck me with their idea to make an "old school" game on a WW2 environment where our skill is most important than to win crazy stuff, without vehicles, perks, killstreak, artillery, dogs or exosuits, and where all weapons are unlocked.
  • Devs brought my attention by the fact they want to develop the game for all gamers with the intention, then, to extend to the (pro) competitive scene.
  • Devs interested me by the fact we will "reward visual upgrades for our character, accessories and weapons within their realistic art style guidelines", under their "Battlerank competition system". without interfering the gameplay
  • Devs enjoyed me by the idea to not include DLC and microtransaction.
  • At least, Devs pleased me with the idea to support communities with mod/map tool and deliver dedicated server files.

I convinced my partners to support the game from the start on these promises and because all features we are expecting since long time seems at the rendez-vous. On these promises, we backed one of these packs (x18 clan pack for us) as 10 000 others backers did.
Today i m getting sad because i have the feeling (shared by others) that Devs are stepping back little to little on what they promised in the 1st contract.

• First break was when Devs decided to add microtranscation. After discussion, they convinced me saying it won't be compulsory to buy these lootcrate and everyone will be able to unlock same stuff in the time and because it is a question of survival for the long term. Ok, but it is a step back.
  • Then Devs stepped back on the fact it won't be possible to stream or record Alpha Closed. Ok. It is a detail. Not essential. Not a big problem and it is understandable. But again it is a step back.
  • Then Devs looked for to implement an original quake engine bug : strafejump. I guess they are not looking for to add too much glitchies or intentionnal bugs.
  • Today Devs announce they are thinking to add "crazy skins". It is not what backers wanted when they decided to support the game massivly. Ok it is not WW2 reconstitution but neither CODMW5 or RB6-Siege. Again i have the feeling it is much more an economic reason than a real core game reason. Devs are starting to think profit insteed to make the game they promised first. Even if it is not fully decided, it is a new step back.
  • In the same time, Devs are saying they are pending the development of "War Torn" System wich was a great feature announced after kickstarter but always in the spirit of customization of our characters. We didn't expect it and it had the approval of the majority. It is a step back.
  • The most dangerous, today i have the feeling Devs become elitist and are talking much more with pro-gamers. I take @Farq-S words because it is better said than i could : "the development is struggling to strike the right balance between casual and competitive. If it goes too far down either path this game will lose alot of its audience on the opposite side." The game needs both worlds but one world haven't to dominate the other.

What next ?? Killstreak ? Perks ? Locking weapons ? .....

I m here from the start, almost from day one, and i come everydays on the forum, I m following Devs on twitter and checking Steam discussions regulary (not a great deal, i have a lot of free time) but it is the first time in one year, near of 1st release, that i m really worried about what i read these last days/weeks on some members' and devs' comments.
I m nobody. I m not coming from competitive scene. I m just a (old) gamer and my voice has the same value of all others. i always tried to be fair on my comments and open-mind, i m not using vote-down system (i did it 2 or 3 times only), i prefer to vote-up for good ideas/comments and shared opposite arguments when needed, even if sometimes i was a bit rude (it was for the good cause and to create electroshock) but Devs must not forget what made the success of the campaign (all started from this) which allow them to reach their goals and attract new players.
Not sure that they would have meet the same success if they have said from the start there will be microtransaction, flashy/unrealistic skins, mainly oriented on competitive scene and above all if they said they will change the terms of the contract along the way.
The game is not release yet and, because it is not too late, today i would like to be like "Jiminy Cricket" for Devs and give them one advice : Keep your new false good-ideas for the next game. Don't give up what can make the difference with others games. Keep the initial line and deliver the game you promised (on customization side and gameplay) and which is expected by the majority of gamers who backed the project before to think biggest profits and exclusive competitive scene. It seems, it is the path you are currently looking at. At least, don't think to grow up too fast.

Devs asked us to trust them. I did but my faith is starting to break down.
I really guess i m wrong and i won't give up but fear is not so far and knocking to the door.
Thanks for reading.
With all my best regards.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 7

kinda    44

I'm thinking exactly the same...

Not much to add... I hope it is just a feeling and nothing more. I hope all those comments I see these last days won't happen.

By the way, been here since almost 1st day too.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

xXclusiivE    3

I've been keeping an eye on this game since mid January of 2016 I didn't purchase the game because at the time I back DOW, the earlier release date is what grabbed me. So now over a year and the game has been shaping up beautifully even though we have only really seen some improvements in the past 2 months. I agree with everything you said and like "kinda" there's nothing more I could really add. I feel like the original ideas are slipping through the fingers of the devs and is now going in a whole new direction.

Not gonna lie, I am kind of scared but I wont judge too much until I get to play it. Even then I will not judge until I see who the devs listen too. Will they listen to the whole community or only too the competitive guys like the DOW devs do. DOW guys promised a game for everyone as well but when it comes to tweaking the game the casual guys are just a nasty annoyance on their forums being brushed aside. So when I see how they react and tweak the game then I will give an honest full opinion.

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Tiptup    19

I lurk these forums and this post irked me so much I had to create a new account. I've backed the game and so have my small community of friends (6ish?). I played COD1, 2 and 4 competitively. MOHAA got me into pc gaming. This is the game I've been waiting for.. hopefully. Now I will respectfully address each of your points.

• First break was when Devs decided to add microtranscation. After discussion, they convinced me saying it won't be compulsory to buy these lootcrate and everyone will be able to unlock same stuff in the time and because it is a question of survival for the long term. Ok, but it is a step back.

I support micro-transactions. I look how CSGO, DOTA and Overwatch have dealt with it and I'm delighted. If the game was P2W at all, it would ruin the game entirely but their post has outlined that this is not their goal. If it is purely aesthetic, does not affect your game whatsoever.. what do you care? It is not a step back, it is an alternative source of revenue that will allow them to continually support the game. If a guy runs by my screen with an outfit and gun that look different, I won't be hassled. Plus, as a nerd, I enjoy getting new skins and such.

• Then Devs stepped back on the fact it won't be possible to stream or record Alpha Closed. Ok. It is a detail. Not essential. Not a big problem and it is understandable. But again it is a step back.

I understand why you'd  be upset but is this is a step back? Certainly not. The devs are not confident that they want the general public to make a judgement or assessment on the game at such an early stage. All it takes is for someone to see a stream, say.. he this doesn't look finished/graphics suck/whatever.. I won't buy it and I'll tell my friends this as well.

• Then Devs looked for to implement an original quake engine bug : strafejump. I guess they are not looking for to add too much glitchies or intentionnal bugs.

Strafe jumping is a nice movement feature that adds to the competitive depth/skillgap. Personally, I think its odd to try and recreate movement depth when you can add your own/original spins on movement tricks.

• Today Devs announce they are thinking to add "crazy skins". It is not what backers wanted when they decided to support the game massivly. Ok it is not WW2 reconstitution but neither CODMW5 or RB6-Siege. Again i have the feeling it is much more an economic reason than a real core game reason. Devs are starting to think profit insteed to make the game they promised first. Even if it is not fully decided, it is a new step back.

I share your concern here. I hope they keep the skins within the environment. I support clan skins/logos ala CSGO but that is about it. If I see Santa costumes and pink leopards I'll be pretty bummed about that art decision. They can easily make profits off cool gritty realistic WW2 skins/huds/etc.

• In the same time, Devs are saying they are pending the development of "War Torn" System wich was a great feature announced after kickstarter but always in the spirit of customization of our characters. We didn't expect it and it had the approval of the majority. It is a step back.

I honestly never really cared for the war torn system. Its a lot of work for something you won't really care for after the original "oh thats kind of a nifty feature." This if it anything is a positive thing if it means efforts are being redirected to more significant developments.

• The most dangerous, today i have the feeling Devs become elitist and are talking much more with pro-gamers. I take @Farq-S words because it is better said than i could : "the development is struggling to strike the right balance between casual and competitive. If it goes too far down either path this game will lose alot of its audience on the opposite side." The game needs both worlds but one world haven't to dominate the other.
  • What next ?? Killstreak ? Perks ? Locking weapons ? .....

I included these as one point. I don't think you understand this quote. It is difficult for any developer to strike this balance but as seen with CSGO, the more you support the depth of a shooter and allow for a skill gap, the more people appreciate putting time and effort into the title. COD 1/2/4 were competitive heavy shooters that went casual and completely lost their original fan base in favor of a larger casual scene. Lastly, killstreaks, perks and locking weapons.. you realize these are not competitive features right? In COD4 the competitive community had to create modes to eliminate this garbage? If adding these is your concern you should support the input from competitive players.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

chippy    79
1 hour ago, Tiptup said:

- snip -

Well put, agreed. +1

Edited by chippy
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

WeAsOne    226

i'm not afraid..

The devs know what WE (everyone that did put money in this game already) want..

Sometimes they say something and we are all "going crazy" because we don't like it that way..

But when a dev responds to US, it tuns out it's not that bad at all.. (or can be turned off)

I hope we all have a LOT of fun playing this game, c u @ the Alpha!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

DonPablo    39
3 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

For Devs,

One year ago, after stopping to beleive in words of game studios, i had a new hope on game industry.
An indie company decided to offer to the gamers a new WW2 in the spirit of old great FPS in the line of COD, MOH or ET under a modern engine.

• Devs stuck me with their idea to make an "old school" game on a WW2 environment where our skill is most important than to win crazy stuff, without vehicles, perks, killstreak, artillery, dogs or exosuits, and where all weapons are unlocked.
  • Devs brought my attention by the fact they want to develop the game for all gamers with the intention, then, to extend to the (pro) competitive scene.
  • Devs interested me by the fact we will "reward visual upgrades for our character, accessories and weapons within their realistic art style guidelines", under their "Battlerank competition system". without interfering the gameplay
  • Devs enjoyed me by the idea to not include DLC and microtransaction.
  • At least, Devs pleased me with the idea to support communities with mod/map tool and deliver dedicated server files.

I convinced my partners to support the game from the start on these promises and because all features we are expecting since long time seems at the rendez-vous. On these promises, we backed one of these packs (x18 clan pack for us) as 10 000 others backers did.
Today i m getting sad because i have the feeling (shared by others) that Devs are stepping back little to little on what they promised in the 1st contract.

• The most dangerous, today i have the feeling Devs become elitist and are talking much more with pro-gamers. I take @Farq-S words because it is better said than i could : "the development is struggling to strike the right balance between casual and competitive. If it goes too far down either path this game will lose alot of its audience on the opposite side." The game needs both worlds but one world haven't to dominate the other.

What next ?? Killstreak ? Perks ? Locking weapons ? .....

I m here from the start, almost from day one, and i come everydays on the forum, I m following Devs on twitter and checking Steam discussions regulary (not a great deal, i have a lot of free time) but it is the first time in one year, near of 1st release, that i m really worried about what i read these last days/weeks on some members' and devs' comments.
I m nobody. I m not coming from competitive scene. I m just a (old) gamer and my voice has the same value of all others. i always tried to be fair on my comments and open-mind, i m not using vote-down system (i did it 2 or 3 times only), i prefer to vote-up for good ideas/comments and shared opposite arguments when needed, even if sometimes i was a bit rude (it was for the good cause and to create electroshock) but Devs must not forget what made the success of the campaign (all started from this) which allow them to reach their goals and attract new players.
Not sure that they would have meet the same success if they have said from the start there will be microtransaction, flashy/unrealistic skins, mainly oriented on competitive scene and above all if they said they will change the terms of the contract along the way.
The game is not release yet and, because it is not too late, today i would like to be like "Jiminy Cricket" for Devs and give them one advice : Keep your new false good-ideas for the next game. Don't give up what can make the difference with others games. Keep the initial line and deliver the game you promised (on customization side and gameplay) and which is expected by the majority of gamers who backed the project before to think biggest profits and exclusive competitive scene. It seems, it is the path you are currently looking at. At least, don't think to grow up too fast.

I really guess i m wrong and i won't give up but fear is not so far and knocking to the door.
Thanks for reading.

100% agree. Nothing more to say. (I'm also a backer)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

hedarn    18
4 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

The most dangerous, today i have the feeling Devs become elitist and are talking much more with pro-gamers. I take @Farq-S words because it is better said than i could : "the development is struggling to strike the right balance between casual and competitive. If it goes too far down either path this game will lose alot of its audience on the opposite side." The game needs both worlds but one world haven't to dominate the other.

You know that the best input and feedback you can get is from competitive players ? If you want to recreate "Old-School" FPS you have to listen to people who had more experience with that type of game , understand the mechanics and simply know what made old shooters so unique. 

Edited by hedarn
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

maddog-b    32

umm a lot of stuff to mull over, not sure I agree with the cod1 being competitive and going casual, personally think it was the other way round aided by the mods like AWE and TW tbh

it's not hard to strike a balance, simply draw lists of what is considered pro and not then make them switchable via server admin, CODs hardcore mode goes someway to demonstrating that.

and.. I am not sure the market for "pro" gaming is worth considering as anything more than a marketing approach with widescale cheating being uncovered on a regular basis the only credibility there is net café style events where the environment is lan based and controlled making all the "pro" customisations defunct.

• Downvote 6

hedarn    18
10 minutes ago, maddog-b said:

umm a lot of stuff to mull over, not sure I agree with the cod1 being competitive and going casual, personally think it was the other way round aided by the mods like AWE and TW tbh

it's not hard to strike a balance, simply draw lists of what is considered pro and not then make them switchable via server admin, CODs hardcore mode goes someway to demonstrating that.

and.. I am not sure the market for "pro" gaming is worth considering as anything more than a marketing approach with widescale cheating being uncovered on a regular basis the only credibility there is net café style events where the environment is lan based and controlled making all the "pro" customisations defunct.

Yeah, lets make game for only for casual market, because pro players could cheat playing online.

• Upvote 5

ToonBE    257
16 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

For Devs,

you said it right, "in the spirit", and that is exactly what they are doing.

• Devs stuck me with their idea to make an "old school" game on a WW2 environment where our skill is most important than to win crazy stuff, without vehicles, perks, killstreak, artillery, dogs or exosuits, and where all weapons are unlocked. yep, that is what they are showing us. 
  • Devs brought my attention by the fact they want to develop the game for all gamers with the intention, then, to extend to the (pro) competitive scene. correct, they want to create a game tailored for competition and skill.
  • Devs interested me by the fact we will "reward visual upgrades for our character, accessories and weapons within their realistic art style guidelines", under their "Battlerank competition system". without interfering the gameplay this could be a goal in the beginning, but projects do change and so do the goals and certain initial ideas become incompatible with the final objective or proof to be too much work. costumizing your charachter, in that you can choose which helmet, which clothing, the color of your shoes, etc etc etc. This is a t r e m e n d o u s amount of work and it does not fit into the goal this game has. As you stated yourself: "idea to make an "old school" game on a WW2 environment where our skill is most important than to win crazy stuff, without vehicles, perks, killstreak, artillery, dogs or exosuits, and where all weapons are unlocked". If you think about that objective crazy costumizations of your entire character is just entirely incompatible with that objective. And please, there will be costumizations: weapon skins, gloves, face paint. This costumization does not require huge amounts of work and it does not cause gameplay problems. Think about the situation where you play 5vs5 and there are 10 different character models into the server with different helmets, different shoes, different colors of clothing, different dimensions in width and length, etc etc This creates HUGE amounts of problems for the gameplay because you cannot make your map work perfectly (f.e. certain character costumizations will be thicker or more colorfull and will be more visible then others, or a certain backpack that you chose to equip will be sticking out of certain parts of the map, etc) Also, all of these charachter costumization will need to be loaded into the server and for everyone to see, this creates problems for player performance and server performance,... did I mention the amount of work it takes? It is just not feasable. There will be costumization, but not to the extent that you expect it. it will be a lot more subtle (you can buy a weapon skin you like,..)
  • Devs enjoyed me by the idea to not include DLC and microtransaction. there won't be DLC's...... And yes there will be microtransactions meaning you can buy weapon skins..... why do you care? It is to support the game in the long run. They cannot survive on the profit of the initial sale itself. Maybe you should think about how much an employee costs, etc.. 
  • At least, Devs pleased me with the idea to support communities with mod/map tool and deliver dedicated server files. there will be dedicated servers. it is however dangerous to split the community in 10 different seperate parts...

Today i m getting sad because i have the feeling (shared by others) that Devs are stepping back little to little on what they promised in the 1st contract. not really, they are still trying to create an ""old school" game on a WW2 environment where our skill is most important than to win crazy stuff, without vehicles, perks, killstreak, artillery, dogs or exosuits, and where all weapons are unlocked"

• First break was when Devs decided to add microtranscation. After discussion, they convinced me saying it won't be compulsory to buy these lootcrate and everyone will be able to unlock same stuff in the time and because it is a question of survival for the long term. Ok, but it is a step back. not really a step back (see above) it will help them to support the game in the long run.
  • Then Devs stepped back on the fact it won't be possible to stream or record Alpha Closed. Ok. It is a detail. Not essential. Not a big problem and it is understandable. But again it is a step back. DUDE you SERIOUS? never ever are you allowed to share video's, etc, etc about the game when it is not released. Maybe you are not experienced with beta and alpha's, but this is very normal. You do not want to show an unfinished game to the world,... the alpha and beta are there to TEST the game and to provide FEEDBACK not to play for fun (although not in the first place). My mind is blown about this.
  • Then Devs looked for to implement an original quake engine bug : strafejump. I guess they are not looking for to add too much glitchies or intentionnal bugs. how the game plays, depth of gameplay, skill ceiling all this things are important. For me it is good that they are trying to make the game interesting.
  • Today Devs announce they are thinking to add "crazy skins". It is not what backers wanted when they decided to support the game massivly. Ok it is not WW2 reconstitution but neither CODMW5 or RB6-Siege. Again i have the feeling it is much more an economic reason than a real core game reason. Devs are starting to think profit insteed to make the game they promised first. Even if it is not fully decided, it is a new step back.  How do you know what all the backers want? I am a backer as well and I would love crazy skins. As I said this is needed to support the game over time. Ofcourse it is an economic reason, it is probably the ONLY reason they have considered it in the first place. And a lot of people enjoy weapon skins a lot. Me for example.
  • In the same time, Devs are saying they are pending the development of "War Torn" System wich was a great feature announced after kickstarter but always in the spirit of customization of our characters. We didn't expect it and it had the approval of the majority. It is a step back. as said before this is incompatible with the objective of the game, requires a lot of work which can be used on other much more crucial features of the game and it creates a lot of problems
  • The most dangerous, today i have the feeling Devs become elitist and are talking much more with pro-gamers. I take @Farq-S words because it is better said than i could : "the development is struggling to strike the right balance between casual and competitive. If it goes too far down either path this game will lose alot of its audience on the opposite side." The game needs both worlds but one world haven't to dominate the other.  They want to create a competitive FPS, ofcourse there primary input are pro gamers... TBH I don't really get the argument that a game is either for casuals or for "competitive players". If you don't want to play to win a certain match, just hop on a server and enjoy the game 8vs8 s&d or play deathmatch, free for all,.... You can enjou the game as a casual. Of you want over the top costumizations and tweaks to be able to enjoy this game, I think you should look for an other game?

What next ?? Killstreak ? Perks ? Locking weapons ? ..... ugh...

Thanks for reading.

You are being very dramatic and your arguments don't make a lot of sense to me. see above.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Soldat, I think your worries are probably valid! I appreciate that you care as much as we do about Battalion, I think we can see that and have seen over the last year, so thank you for that.

@Tiptup basically said everything spot on and I really appreciate you coming in and saying that!

I'm very busy but I wanted to respond and weigh in on the Pro vs Casual player issue; first of all, you are trying to speak for everyone, but you are not. There are a lot of people who DO want things like skins. People have different opinions of the game. 

Our way to deal with this issue is to support modders and make it as easy to mod the game as possible. Our technical director has had a big focus on ease of use in our engine. Our previous titles and every other UE4 modifiable game, requires you to download a custom version of UE4 AND the games project file, both of those can be pretty big. We're keeping our game file as small as it can be and if you want to mod Battalion 1944, you WONT need to download a custom UE4 engine, you can just use the regular engine straight out the box! 
We'll also be actively speaking to modders and supporting them over the next few years. We're pro more content, I know the ET guys really want some ET stuff in the game that we aren't supporting right now, but that doesn't mean that it won't be in Battalion in some form and we won't help them do it. 

From a casual point of view, we acknowledged that every single person on the forums wants something slightly different and comes from a different community, someone will always have a bit of disappointment we didn't do something. Adding a feature from one game make break another feature from another game. So we have to be selective. 

We're choosing to focus on the competitive mode as a COD2/COD4/CSGO hybrid. We're then actively supporting competitive growth of the game with support from ESL, CSGO pros & casters, and COD pros and casters. 

The casual side of things will still exist in the game and that part of the game will still grow and we will be supporting it, but we'll be helping guide the community to build great mods in the same way that Arma works. So you can have the refined experience you want. 

With that said^ our casual mode is still totally good. We're looking at implementing an objective game mode maybe Christmas 2017. So there will still be a good game in casual. 

Also; skins can be turned off, you don't have to play with them on, so you could see the regular weapon textures and play without any issues.

Joe

• Upvote 12

ToonBE    257
4 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Also; skins can be turned off, you don't have to play with them on, so you could see the regular weapon textures and play without any issues.

One of the big reason why skins work, is because you can show the rarity of your skin, your own taste,... I don't really get why anyone should be offended by ones choice of a weapon skin.

If you mean with turned off in a respective private game server then OK no problem I guess. If you mean it as a general game option, than not so much.

• Downvote 3

Razor    379

I'm not that worried, yet! With that said me and my team mates don't like the direction some things are heading but we will not judge before we have played it. Personally I'm very disapointed that the War Torn system is put on hold and I would absolutly NOT like to see any crazy skins! Don't matter if it's not doing anything gamewise!

I do see your conserns @Soldat Ryan I'm just not that worried yet, also @Tiptup has some good points.

Edited by Razor
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    257
1 minute ago, Razor said:

I'm not that worried, yet! With that said me and my team mates don't like the direction some things are heading but we will not judge before we have played it. Personally I'm very disapointed that the War Torn system is put on hold and I would absolutly NOT like to see any crazy skins! Don't matter if it's not doing anything gamewise!

Hi Razor, I am very curious as to why you are so opposed to 'crazy' skins? Afterall you can always choose the skin you want to play with? If you want a realistic one you can pick such a skin. Why would you be offended if someone wants to play with a jaguar painted on his thompson or mp40 f.e.? Kr ;)

Soldat Ryan    350

Where i said i talked for ALL ? I'm not that pretentious. I just saying i have the feeling, "shared by others", that doesn't mean "everyone".

I m not saying that Devs must not listen competitive players. I read good theads/ideas from them. Just keep the right balance between both world : casual/pro.

And to be clear, i m not fan at all of customizations characters. But the way the system should work and how it was descripted from the start, i accepted them.

I just want to recall there was a sort of "contract" between backers and devs on the project presented (it is the essence of kickstarter : support a project on its descriptions) and I would like to sound an alarm because i have the feeling this "contract" is slidding little to little to an other project because you are cancelling things promised in that "contract" and adding others that if they were there from the start made i never backed the project or took time to think about it.
That's my fear and as i said, i really guess i m wrong but this feeling is in the air.

Anyway, thanks all for your answers, pros and cons.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

RAFF    107
9 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Where i said i talked for ALL ? I'm not that pretentious. I just saying i have the feeling, "shared by others", that doesn't mean "everyone".

I m not saying that Devs must not listen competitive players. I read good theads/ideas from them. Just keep the right balance between both world : casual/pro.

And to be clear, i m not fan at all of customizations characters. But the way the system should work and how it was descripted from the start, i accepted them.

I just want to recall there was a sort of "contract" between backers and devs on the project presented (it is the essence of kickstarter : support a project on its descriptions) and I would like to sound an alarm because i have the feeling this "contract" is slidding little to little to an other project because you are cancelling things promised in that "contract" and adding others that if they were there from the start made i never backed the project or took time to think about it.
That's my fear and as i said, i really guess i m wrong but this feeling is in the air.

Anyway, thanks all for your answers, pros and cons.

You kind of implied that you talked for you, 18 people and the other 10.000 that donated. 

Your frustration doesn't really seem to be connected to too many of those points you listed, it's more that you don't think the game will look the way you want it to, and it probably won't. What's important is, that it looks in a way that most players that will come to play will like.

Like Tiptup and ToonBE pointed out, most of your arguments are not the best, which makes me think this is not a rational fear, but more of a 'gut feeling' that you're not being listened to. 

The devs have something clear in mind, and will take those ideas from us that help them get the game they want. As they said, no one wants the game to succeed more than them. If a competitive COD2/COD4/CSGO hybrid is what the market needs, it would be really dumb of them not to try and take advantage !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hedarn    18
1 hour ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We're choosing to focus on the competitive mode as a COD2/COD4/CSGO hybrid. We're then actively supporting competitive growth of the game with support from ESL, CSGO pros & casters, and COD pros and casters. 

I'm glad to hear that :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soldat Ryan    350
14 minutes ago, RAFF said:

You kind of implied that you talked for you, 18 people and the other 10.000 that donated. 

It is just a fact, nothing more. The project reached 10000 backers on its description. If it was different how many backed were there ? More, less ?
Again, i m not claiming to speak for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Razor    379
58 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Razor, I am very curious as to why you are so opposed to 'crazy' skins? Afterall you can always choose the skin you want to play with? If you want a realistic one you can pick such a skin. Why would you be offended if someone wants to play with a jaguar painted on his thompson or mp40 f.e.? Kr ;)

Simply because I think it looks absolutely stupid and removes some of the WWII feeling of a game. By all means let it be a server option if they have to implement it, but please don't activate that option on any official server!

9_9

• Upvote 3

Razor    379
18 minutes ago, RAFF said:

Your frustration doesn't really seem to be connected to too many of those points you listed, it's more that you don't think the game will look the way you want it to, and it probably won't. What's important is, that it looks in a way that most players that will come to play will like.

Like Tiptup and ToonBE pointed out, most of your arguments are not the best, which makes me think this is not a rational fear, but more of a 'gut feeling' that you're not being listened to. 

The devs have something clear in mind, and will take those ideas from us that help them get the game they want. As they said, no one wants the game to succeed more than them. If a competitive COD2/COD4/CSGO hybrid is what the market needs, it would be really dumb of them not to try and take advantage !

Think you got Soldat's statment wrong, even I got the frase and English is not even remotly close to my native language:

" On these promises, we backed one of these packs (x18 clan pack for us) as 10 000 others backers did.
Today i m getting sad because i have the feeling (shared by others) that Devs are stepping back little to little on what they promised in the 1st contract. "

Soldat talks about a "broken contract" and refer to the promises we all got when we backed the project, and the promise from the devs that they would stick to their words. Also mentioned "Today i m getting sad because i have the feeling (shared by others)" so he has a worrie, and others may have it to. Thats totally right cause my team (10 pack backers) also share some of these worries...

• Upvote 4

Farq-S    378
23 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

It is just a fact, nothing more. The project reached 10000 backers on its description. If it was different how many backed were there ? More, less ?
Again, i m not claiming to speak for everyone.

if micro-transactions and pink camos were mentioned in the kickstarter i would have held off backing any game and waited to see how it turned out before buying. but that's my personal opinion. like Soldat has said, expressing that opinion and suggesting others would be of the same opinion isn't stating you are speaking for others. remember, English Isn't Soldat's first language so you can't take every word he says literally but allow for some misinterpretation. some of the guys on these forums should try typing their comments in French or German and see how difficult it must be for Soldat to make detailed comments in English.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 5

Soldat Ryan    350

Thanks @Razor and @Farq-S, you got what i mean.

Sorry for those who didn't understood me correctly. :$
I learnt english in French school (loooong time ago) and everybody (here i m talking for the rest of the world ! :P ) knows French people are speaking really bad English. 9_9 But i m doing the best i can to be understood correclty. :)

• Upvote 1

Razor    379
2 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Thanks @Razor and @Farq-S, you got what i mean.

Sorry for those who didn't understood me correctly. :$
I learnt english in French school (loooong time ago) and everybody (here i m talking for the rest of the world ! :P ) knows French people are speaking really bad English. 9_9 But i m doing the best i can to be understood correclty. :)

For a French you do a splendid job no worries, my norwegian-english isn't any better :P

• Upvote 2