FrosteR

Strat mode

FrosteR    185

I'd like to suggest to add a ''strat mode'' to Battalion 1944

Basically what I suggest is something like COD4 Promod,

A gamemode where you can:

- Can follow your grenades and see where they land
- Spawn bots at certain places to test and line up wallbangs etc
- A way to draw tactics on a map overview for everyone in the server to see (I really miss this in COD4)

To be clear, this isn't meant to be a competitive gamemode, simply a way to try out tactics etc (For those who haven't played COD4 Promod)

If anyone has other great ideas that could be included, go ahead!

Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 3

sNrklhaai    49

i would back this, on cod 1 you were able to deactivate gravity to get to certain places faster and follow your nades. It's very helpful for practicing tactical nades and making tactics.  I don't know how this works on cod 4 but there should be  a way to move through maps easy and fast to think about tactics and practice certain things. 

FrosteR    185
Just now, sNrklhaai said:

i would back this, on cod 1 you were able to deactivate gravity to get to certain places faster and follow your nades. It's very helpful for practicing tactical nades and making tactics.  I don't know how this works on cod 4 but there should be  a way to move through maps easy and fast to think about tactics and practice certain things. 

COD4 has /noclip which means you can just fly through the map and through buildings etc.

It also has an option that when you throw your nade, your camera automatically follows the nade to see the trajectory.

sNrklhaai    49
1 minute ago, FrosteR said:

COD4 has /noclip which means you can just fly through the map and through buildings etc.

It also has an option that when you throw your nade, your camera automatically follows the nade to see the trajectory.

Sounds good /noclip sounds like something without gravity. 

I also like the second point because it follows automatically. Where in cod 1 you had to do this yourself, and then go back to the same spot to throw another. 

FrosteR    185
3 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Sounds good /noclip sounds like something without gravity. 

I also like the second point because it follows automatically. Where in cod 1 you had to do this yourself, and then go back to the same spot to throw another. 

Yeah the COD4 one (which can be disabled if you prefer that) just follows the nade, as soon as it explodes, it puts you back where you threw it from so you can adjust if needed

• Upvote 1

kyborg    0

Exactly Erik! I think /noclip may help a lot. Like I saw many times spectators are using it at the beginning of the round to see how players doing the tactics and strats.

You could use your videos of COD4 Tutorials to show some examples of how /noclip works :)

Btw I have on my PC one old and very simple program ''Cod4 Tactics Tools'' and it's pretty good.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Maszii    7
On 10-3-2017 at 6:53 PM, FrosteR said:

Hmm something bugged with the quote

This is basically noclip from Cod1/2 untill they implemented strat (cod2 had it aswell). Would love to grind some nades again, had around 70 tacnades for Touj/Burg/DV/Carentan

Edited by Maszii