ToonBE

Question about the "war torn" system

37 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ToonBE said:

U mad bro? xD

not at all, i find your juvenile, narrow-minded comments about console gamers quite amusing. i'm just returning the humour. 

18 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

not at all, i find your juvenile, narrow-minded comments about console gamers quite amusing. i'm just returning the humour. 

:x

30 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

console gamers as an average know very little about competitive games or performace.

That all went off topic pretty fast and down the drain with curticy for other gamers...............

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, RAFF said:

console gamers as an average know very little about competitive games or performace.

Spoken like a true PC/Comp Elitist! this very comment reminds me of the DOW forums a year ago hahahaha! Now let me sit back and wait for the other comp guys to come in and give me a lot of down votes or just the fact my name and presents on these forums gets me down votes now matter how right I am ;)

Screenshot_13.jpg

Edited by xXclusiivE

11 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Spoken like a true PC/Comp Elitist! this very comment reminds me of the DOW forums a year ago hahahaha! Now let me sit back and wait for the other comp guys to come in and give me a lot of down votes or just the fact my name and presents on these forums gets me down votes now matter how right I am ;)

Screenshot_13.jpg

I thought you switched to PC?

Tbh, console is good for games as gta, rpg, fifa,..

For fps games (like battalion1944) the PC is a far superior platform even in such a way console gets irrelevant. A controller is nothing compared to the precision you get with a mouse+keyboard. A TV and console only put out 30 frames or if you are lucky 60 on resolutions below 1080p (maybe now at 1080p). A modern PC will run the game at 1080p minimum with frames exceeding 250. Combined with a 144hz 1ms monitor the experience is just completely different/superior.

It's not really "elitist" but just objective facts. There is a reason esports is on PC and not on console.

I have nothing against consoles and everyone who likes playing on them please do.

12 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

I thought you switched to PC?

Tbh, console is good for games as gta, rpg, fifa,..

For fps games (like battalion1944) the PC is a far superior platform even in such a way console gets irrelevant. A controller is nothing compared to the precision you get with a mouse+keyboard. A TV and console only put out 30 frames or if you are lucky 60 on resolutions below 1080p (maybe now at 1080p). A modern PC will run the game at 1080p minimum with frames exceeding 250. Combined with a 144hz 1ms monitor the experience is just completely different/superior.

It's not really "elitist" but just objective facts. There is a reason esports is on PC and not on console.

I have nothing against consoles and everyone who likes playing on them please do.

As much as I agree with what you said, they do have esports on console as well :P

Please guys take this in another thread or private 9_9

Btw, I got a mouse and keyboard/keypad to my PS3 working just fine with FPS games ;)

Srry for the off topic there :P

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON i know you guys are busy with making this game as perfect as possible but i think this would give Battalion that "wow" factor and the ability to say "you know...i played (or saw) this game that over time your character shows its age and that its been in battle for so long...ugh what was that game again?? OH RIGHT Battalion!! Man that was a cool feature"

Please don't keep it on the backburner for too long, at least have it in the closed Alpha so we can test how it is or if its even worth something to pursue. Maybe we can make it even better than just the original thought!

19 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON i know you guys are busy with making this game as perfect as possible but i think this would give Battalion that "wow" factor and the ability to say "you know...i played (or saw) this game that over time your character shows its age and that its been in battle for so long...ugh what was that game again?? OH RIGHT Battalion!! Man that was a cool feature"

Please don't keep it on the backburner for too long, at least have it in the closed Alpha so we can test how it is or if its even worth something to pursue. Maybe we can make it even better than just the original thought!

That was my thoughts exactly!!

1 minute ago, Razor said:

That was my thoughts exactly!!

i gotchu...no worries i gotchu hehehe

Posted (edited)

Cosmetic wise I don't see the implemenation "veteran" system as a too major of hurdle if it's subtly done. A system similar to Red Orchestra 2 / Rising storm could be used where the player models have a few different skins.

A "veteran" or higher ranking player could have a variation of the skin that has more dirt, grim and even minor rips to the uniform.

Edited by Oldboy