6 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Humm, one of the main feature of the game is the customization of our character. We are all ok with this.
One other good argument was : " WE WILL NOT BE CREATING BRIGHT PINK STRIPEY WEAPONS." (there are other exemple)

RUDE PART : ON o.O
Debating is ok but AGAIN take care about what you said by the past. Little to little you move back to what was said and what attract most of us to support Battalion from the start.
Soon the game will have nothing to do with "old school" game you wanted to make (referring to COD2 or MOHAA or ET). If you implement these feature you are only making an other F..king crap game with WWII skins.
You would to distinguish from other big studio but you are choosing the same path. I m super hype by the project but starting to be disappointed by the path you are looking at. You said us to trust you. We did. Ths morning, i have some questioning. :(
RUDE PART : OFF :)

Back to fair arguments :
Implementing "crazy" skins and allow us to switch it off is a solution but not a good solution IMHO because it will split the communities between people who want to play with pink/red/crap colors of their Garand/Kar/other and those who are looking for a little of reality (i don't say "realism") because they won't be able to play together in reason of restriction server.
DO NOT neglect ingame immersion that is an important game aspect for most of us.
Immersion is a main part of "old school" games too and made the success of these games, not only gameplay.

Cheers.

I don't think there will be customization of your character in the sense that you can change outfits etc. The player model will be the same. There will be customization in relation to for example, paint on your face and weapon skins.

See, this game is focused around competitive play and deep character costumization is incompatible with this. The objective is to create on old school competitive game inspired by ww2 not remake cod2 in ue4.

you have the factor in the huge amount of work  player model customization entails and the problems it brings to gameplay. Focus needs to be on other aspects (bright, clear and crisp visuals, map lay out, movement, HUD design,..)

about the "WE WILL NOT BE CREATING BRIGHT PINK STRIPEY WEAPONS" I have elaborated on this already.

Edited by ToonBE

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

It appeals to those people, but if battalion would only be played by people who previously played moh, cod,.. back in the day, the player base of battalion would be tiny.

I think we should all be realistic and acknowledge that the majority of the players of battalion 1944 will never have played cod1, cod2, cod4, moh or w:et.

90% of the players will not care about fidelity, but they will want a pink thompson or a cool looking primary pistol to bash people with as the ultimate act of owning someone.

I personaly don't need fidelity, but I get why you are posting your concern. Maybe, you should see Battalion 1944 as a service and not as a game. It is the objective to support and update battalion for many years to come. For this to happen you need money and money can only be generated by the player base. A very good way to make money is to sell weapon skins, therefore you cannot get creative enough in designing these skins as you want a skin for everyonce tastes. if lts say 40% of the players want flashy looking skins, it would be unwise not to provide this option from a business point of view as well as when you want to support the game for the years to come.

Its the whole purpose of having skins.. to make money

I understand what your saying here. But even when you have never played one of the old games would mean that not a lot of people would like a game like cod 1 cod 2 or one of the others. I think gameplay is far more important then collectables, because achieving a higher rank/maybe even medals could be enough to encourage people to come back and play again. When the gameplay is really good and you get an existing community, im pretty sure this can be a game that will be played for a long time. I don't think you need much customization for that.

I can understand that the early backers are a bit scared this game will become a new counter strike game. When this game was announced it looked like this was a game by gamers for gamers, to achieve creating the game we all have been waiting for a long time. (new ww2 game like cod 1, cod 2 , mohaa etc. combination of this gameplay, graphics of current time and current possibilities like a easy matchmaking system) With the feedback of people it would be possible to create a game with excellent gameplay which should be enough to attract players and let them play for a long time. Also the ladders and ranking system for teams will make people active and encourage people to get better. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Well actually, our questions and tests show that the majority of people *DO want to see the crazy skins even in WW2. We spoke to Ubisoft about Rainbow Six Siege and they said that their biggest mistake was not doing the crazy skins earlier. 

Like I said, it's all being debated currently and not everyone is a fan of it, so if this is the path we chose, we would make sure you could switch it off. Then everyone could get the experience they wanted? That sounds fair right?

Thanks
Joe

Is there any way that you can make the skins be sellable on the steam market and more importantly, tradeable?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Well actually, our questions and tests show that the majority of people *DO want to see the crazy skins even in WW2. We spoke to Ubisoft about Rainbow Six Siege and they said that their biggest mistake was not doing the crazy skins earlier. 

Like I said, it's all being debated currently and not everyone is a fan of it, so if this is the path we chose, we would make sure you could switch it off. Then everyone could get the experience they wanted? That sounds fair right?

Thanks
Joe

If everyone got to switch it off it would be perfect. It would be just like CoD 2, where all the weapons have that nice standard issue feel to them

11 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

.......if this is the path we chose, we would make sure you could switch it off. Then everyone could get the experience they wanted? That sounds fair right?

ZGOlE2E.gif

;)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

I would like to emphasize that battalion and games like Rainbow Six and Counter strike differ a lot from each other. While Rainbow Six and counterstrike do have strong similarities. The colored weapons fit more at the present time than the past. In my view, the best solution is that only skins are available that fit the timeframe of 1944. If there are enough customization options, then also the people who like this a lot could be satisfied.

Exactly

• Upvote 1

Maybe skins such as:

Erbsenmuster                 Splittertarn 31                  Platanenmuster (summer)    Platanenmuster (autumn)   Luftwaffen-Splittermuster 41   Leibermuster 45

Screenshot_2.jpg      Screenshot_1.jpg      Screenshot_3.jpg         Screenshot_4.jpg      Screenshot_5.jpg          Screenshot_6.jpg

USMC Camo

Screenshot_7.jpg      

I mean any of these camos can be used for weapons and they are all WWII camo's so they fit the timeline. I wouldnt mind seeing camos for present day either, just not a fan of the flashy neon pink, greens, blues, etc.

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

Maybe skins such as:

Erbsenmuster                 Splittertarn 31                  Platanenmuster (summer)    Platanenmuster (autumn)   Luftwaffen-Splittermuster 41   Leibermuster 45

Screenshot_2.jpg      Screenshot_1.jpg      Screenshot_3.jpg         Screenshot_4.jpg      Screenshot_5.jpg          Screenshot_6.jpg

USMC Camo

Screenshot_7.jpg      

I mean any of these camos can be used for weapons and they are all WWII camo's so they fit the timeline. I wouldnt mind seeing camos for present day either, just not a fan of the flashy neon pink, greens, blues, etc.

Both sides experimented with different camo patterns and color shades during the war, so these would be very interesting to see instead of the run of the mill Flash colorful weapon skin 

11 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

Maybe skins such as:

USMC Camo

Screenshot_7.jpg      

This is what i was aiming for aswell. As i don't really think its a must that guns should have a color to attract people to this game. This could be a possibility to make everyone happy. Also i think as long as the costumes are all the same, players will not see eachothers guns very good, as normally they are pretty small. Another idea is to show the colored guns only on your own screen while players that play without them only see the normal guns when seeing other players. (it's hard to see anyway imo.)

On 10.3.2017 at 9:10 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Thanks
Joe

This words make me sad and thoughtful. Also in R6 those crazy skins are AWFUL!

And BTW BAT44 is not R6 or something else. BAT44 is BAT44 and i thought it was clear that there are NO CRAZY PINK CAMO SHI*!!

SOLDAT RYAN has said everything. It's  not okay to implement those skins, also as a option. It ruins the WW2 feeling... 

Very sad, that you now change your mind.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

This words make me sad and thoughtful. Also in R6 those crazy skins are AWFUL!

And BTW BAT44 is not R6 or something else. BAT44 is BAT44 and i thought it was clear that there are NO CRAZY PINK CAMO SHI*!!

SOLDAT RYAN has said everything. It's  not okay to implement those skins, also as a option. It ruins the WW2 feeling... 

Very sad, that you now change your mind.

If it happens he did say there will be a way to turn it off or on so what exactly is the problem? Again I do not like flashy skins either but money's gotta be made and I can't blame them for that.

Why is everybody in this thread focusing so much on "crazy pink skins" where did anybody ever mention having those in the game?!!?!?!

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Why is everybody in this thread focusing so much on "crazy pink skins" where did anybody ever mention having those in the game?!!?!?!

Just look at previous page and Joe's answer :

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Just look at previous page and Joe's answer :

So having a mad skin instantly means running around with a neon pink gun? Good to know

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, pukiz said:

Wow... you are too specific. When people say "pink skins" its an example or expression for flashy, colorful, bright, bizarre, unnatural weapon textures.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

If it happens he did say there will be a way to turn it off or on so what exactly is the problem? Again I do not like flashy skins either but money's gotta be made and I can't blame them for that.

This will split the community.

They (Bulkhead) said: "There will be only authentic weapon skins!"

And now: "We have spoke to Ubisoft." *facepalm*

Edited by DonPablo
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

This will split the community.

They (Bulkhead) said: "There will be only authentic weapon skins!"

And now: "We have spoke to Ubisoft." *facepalm*

A visual in the game will not split the community. Things like game modes, paid DLC and such is what splits the community. If there is an option too "disable textured skins" this only means that the game will look vanilla on my screen but for others who have the option turned on they will still see the textures. There is no community dividing at all.

EDIT: Use the "color blind" option for example. Just because someone who is color blind uses said option does not mean we can not play on the same servers with each other. Its just a visual thing. 

EDIT2: Ubisoft has made one of the best up and coming comp games for years to come, Siege.

EDIT3: Different game modes is a must so I didn't mean splitting the community as a bad thing.

Edited by xXclusiivE

Sorry but i Think they have to make the right decision. I really dont Think a lot of players who backed this game want a lot of customization. I also can imagine that people who pay for a skin that Will not agee that 75% turns it off and dont see the skins. Because They buy something to show it to others...personally i would leave it away, if you want to add it please only add realistic skins... imo:)

10 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Sorry but i Think they have to make the right decision. I really dont Think a lot of players who backed this game want a lot of customization. I also can imagine that people who pay for a skin that Will not agee that 75% turns it off and dont see the skins. Because They buy something to show it to others...personally i would leave it away, if you want to add it please only add realistic skins... imo:)

They would be informed before buying that a lot of people may not want to see it so that would be a chance they have to take or maybe they do it for their own personal gain for streaming, YouTube, etc. Correct me if I am wrong but a lot of people back this game because they are old school COD players and myself being one of them know that customization comes with the territory so I don't think "too much" customization is a problem. As long as the competitive playlist has a preset uniform per faction so everyone has an equal playing field and the devs can go as crazy as they want with the customization for casual.

Edited by xXclusiivE

Brammertron has already said that if they decide to implement the custom/crazy skins an option will be available to turn them off, which I'm presuming will be client-side, or possibly an independent setting for servers.

So why are people still arguing?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, scaR said:

Brammertron has already said that if they decide to implement the custom/crazy skins an option will be available to turn them off, which I'm presuming will be client-side, or possibly an independent setting for servers.

+1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, scaR said:

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think many people go back and read comments and just read the last 2-3 written.

I just want to play with the original weapons.. just how they look....

This game is made (and funded) for the oldschool gamers right? So NOT for the MAJORITY (That want neon skins)

If is can be turned off it's no issue

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1

On 3/10/2017 at 5:12 AM, Soldat Ryan said:

I see no interest to do it on client side. In all case, players with option ON will play to win/buy theses skins and play with. It is a normal behavior.
Other point if it is only on client side, players who are looking for ingame immersion with option OFF, can meet players with option ON on same server. It will break immersion because there is nothing to prevent them.

If it is an option on server side (the post predictable IMO), the players who win these skins couldn't/wouldn't join servers with this option OFF because they want to play with thier pink weapons = Splitting

What this will do is it will make it so anybody who has the option off can't see other people's skins. I know this is what they mean by this because CoD 4 Remastered (yuk) does something similar with emblems on guns. If you turn the option off, there is no emblem on your gun or someone else's

On 10/03/2017 at 4:30 PM, xXclusiivE said:

I am getting the same vibe. 8 months ago how they where showing the game off and such seemed as if this was the game that was bringing back the CoD2 feel that we all loved. A game that would benefit all party's and everyone would love. Now the only vibe I am getting is 100% competitive.

+1

Yeah, we've all noticed this, bro, something has definitely changed in the background recently, you can easily tell this just by reading some of the current posts from the "competitive-only" crew. Some of them obviously know more about what's really going on than we do. This was one of our main topics of conversation last night on Teamspeak.

"Time will tell", as they say.

Edited by WolfEnstein
typo
  • Upvote 3