jonas01

Can't find a clan

jonas01    50

Hello! I have been looking at most of the topics here in ''Recruitment and clans'', but i can't seem to find any clan i wish to join, or maybe it is there some place... I am 15 years old, from Norway, been playing WW2 fps in the last 5 years now. Been playing a lot of COD1, COD2, WAW, BF1943, Brothers in arms, MOH Allied Assault .... And yes, i have tried days of war too, and i must say have a lot more faith in Battalion. Also, i backed the alpha tier quite early during the Kickstarter period, so i have been folllowing the game for a while now! I would really like to join a clan in Battalion! Been looking ages for someone to play with online, and really get that team feeling. My steam username is zikiarsenal1 if anyone wants to reach out to me! Cheers 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

BlueSmiley    64

" I am 15 years old, Been playing a lot of COD1, COD2, WAW, BF1943, Brothers in arms, MOH Allied Assault"

*Hall of Fame* 

+1 For you, sir.

Good luck finding a clan that suits you!

• Upvote 3

Dogster    112

Indeed blue +1 from me too....

I always give the same advice on this one Jonas... I have been involved with clans for a long time. I would suggest that you  don't rush to join a clan you will probably end up in one that does not suit you. Just  play whatever game is of interest to you and find a server you like and guys you like playing with.... If you are spending a lot of time playing it's important you find a group you get on with. then You have two choices see if any of the regulars are in a clan, if so join them if not talk to them about making your own... It's seriously important you get on with the guys you play with....  Hope that helps...

Edited by Dogster
  • Upvote 4

jonas01    50
10 hours ago, BlueSmiley said:

" I am 15 years old, Been playing a lot of COD1, COD2, WAW, BF1943, Brothers in arms, MOH Allied Assault"

*Hall of Fame* 

+1 For you, sir.

Good luck finding a clan that suits you!

Haha, yes thank you! :) 

3 hours ago, Dogster said:

Indeed blue +1 from me too....

I always give the same advice on this one Jonas... I have been involved with clans for a long time. I would suggest that you  don't rush to join a clan you will probably end up in one that does not suit you. Just  play whatever game is of interest to you and find a server you like and guys you like playing with.... If you are spending a lot of time playing it's important you find a group you get on with. then You have two choices see if any of the regulars are in a clan, if so join them if not talk to them about making your own... It's seriously important you get on with the guys you play with....  Hope that helps...

Thank you :). Unfortunately i don't have any friends who are into the WW2 fps genre... 

sNrklhaai    49

hey jonas, i don't think you have to be worried. You will meet a lot of people as soon as people are playing a game. I'm pretty sure it will be easy to find a clan or just friends where you can play with, at the start there will be lots of clans to choose from which wil fit your skillevel. 

good luck ;)

• Upvote 1

jonas01    50
5 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

hey jonas, i don't think you have to be worried. You will meet a lot of people as soon as people are playing a game. I'm pretty sure it will be easy to find a clan or just friends where you can play with, at the start there will be lots of clans to choose from which wil fit your skillevel. 

good luck ;)

Okay thank's let's hope for that! :)

Dogster    112
11 hours ago, jonas01 said:

Haha, yes thank you! :) 

Thank you :). Unfortunately i don't have any friends who are into the WW2 fps genre... 

That's my point play the games you like and you will meet like minded people who will become friends... If you joins clan just to be in one chances are a) you'll join the wrong one or b) clan hop until you actually find one you like much better to wait and find the right one!

Edited by Dogster

jonas01    50

As Battalion looks to be a quite competitive shooter, i think being in a clan would have been very cool ;)

Smiley    20

I've ran quite a few clans, and a lot of people don't just recruit someone right away. They watch for people that they have played with a bit, and they think is cool. Once the game comes out, join a few servers, find some dudes you like playing with, get to know them and then join. It'll be a lot better I think

• Upvote 1

Razor    371

Hey there fellow norwegian ;)

Back in the days before I was picked up by a team I played alot on a few chosen servers that suited my style of game play. Got to know a few of the fellas and a few months after I got asked if I wanted to join them. Haven't looked back since and we still play together and have become good friends :) It's a international team with members from all over the world and we have all visited each other on different occasions.

Anyways, that's the approach I recommend, pick a few servers you like and hang in there, join them on team-speak, be friendly and enjoy your stay. Before you know it you in ;)

Fatlady    2

I have to agree with all the comments. above.

I also started that way.

I am dutch and started playing on american based COD2 server.

Met a lot of great people and after a while they asked me in.

I did and its now +4 years and still enjoying it.

They from all over the world and we got to know each other pretty well.

Wich is important in teamplay if thats what you are looking for.

Take your time as is suggested above and i am sure you will find a great clan where you fit in.