Sign in to follow this  
FrosteR

Recoil

I'd like to apologize to you @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON, all the other devs and the community if I am outspoken. I just let my pride get in the way when I see someone using my name in a negative way or if I see someone constantly calling me out publicly. I get the urge to swing back and that is a personal problem. Also spending 3 years in the military has given me some very crude humor which I find hilarious but for others who haven't served would find offensive. I apologize for that as well but it is a hard habit to change.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

" You need to make the game as difficult as possible " - Really? do you really think thats the best way to encourage as many players as possible to come and play Battalion 1944 and not Overwatch, CSGO, or another shooter.

Well, its just that the cod4 promod level of upward "recoil" is too low (or better, non-existent). If you'd implement just upward recoil (like it was in cod1 and moh) I would already be satisfied. There just needs to be some countermovement with the mouse (just downward is already enough).

I'll refrain myself a bit from commenting. I think my oppinion is clear ^_^

I agree that you do not need to make a copy of csgo. You just need a similar skill ceiling.

Anyways, I read a lot of other good point in your post so I am happy for that (making s&d interesting,..).

Thx

Edited by ToonBE
  • Upvote 1

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

What do you think about my suggestion of having a customizable sensitivity and a customizable zoom/ADS sensitivity

I for one prefer a very slow sens when ADS and a faster one when zoomed out, but I'd like to be able to set it exactly as I want. Rainbow Six: Siege has this, for example.

CS:GO also has it but only for AWP (/zoom_sensitivity_ratio)

Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

What do you think about my suggestion of having a customizable sensitivity and a customizable zoom/ADS sensitivity

I for one prefer a very slow sens when ADS and a faster one when zoomed out, but I'd like to be able to set it exactly as I want. Rainbow Six: Siege has this, for example.

CS:GO also has it but only for AWP (/zoom_sensitivity_ratio)

Being someone who plays Siege religiously I can agree. At first I didn't notice but then changing things up and tweaking it is almost a need for me to be able to change the sensitivity from hip to ADS.

6 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Being someone who plays Siege religiously I can agree. At first I didn't notice but then changing things up and tweaking it is almost a need for me to be able to change the sensitivity from hip to ADS.

Sensitivity is really important to have as a customizable option. (Both Hipfire and ADS).

Look at all players, casual and pro. Everyone has a different preference. For example, f0rest in CS:GO plays on a very high sens whereas NiKo plays very low. Or in COD4, Phantasy needs about 2cm to do a 360 and I need 75. It would be awesome if we could customize both the sensitivity (which they've confirmed we obviously can) and the ADS sens!

On 9/3/2017 at 7:41 PM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Froster, I know who you are, so I massively respect your opinion, are you in our ex-pro players group? If not I'd love to get you invited.

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON How much of an 'ex pro' do you have to be, to join the player group? ;) 

Edited by zabo

2 minutes ago, zabo said:

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON How much of an 'ex pro' do you have to be, to join the player group? ;) 

Speaking of which, where can I find this group? Would love to get involved some more :)

7 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

In respect to the rules I will not go off on your petty ass. Stick with CSGO or go back to Days Of War because the type of game you want they are making.

Irritates me how people want this CSGO shit and eyah it got popular and works but they also forget how the CoD mechanics its self was huge on the competitive scene and WORKED back in the day when CoD was the number one go to. ADS and a recoil pattern will be cancer, that is learnable when you only need to fire from the hip. Aiming down sights not so much.

First of all, Days of War recoil is trash. Secondly CoD used to have a learnable ADS recoil pattern, CS:GO is just an example of a successful game which has it. When many of the vCoD pros moved across to CoD2/4 the general consensus was that the games were very easy, like playing on easy mode. With low, random recoil people will just hold down mouse 1 more often than tapping or bursting.

vCoD recoil: https://streamable.com/zzua5

I made a detailed post about recoil in another thread. 

Edited by jcuz
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, jcuz said:

First of all, Days of War recoil is trash. Secondly CoD used to have a learnable ADS recoil pattern, CS:GO is just an example of a successful game which has it. When many of the vCoD pros moved across to CoD2/4 the general consensus was that the games were very easy, like playing on easy mode. With low, random recoil people will just hold down mouse 1 more often than tapping or bursting.

vCoD recoil: https://streamable.com/zzua5

I made a detailed post about recoil in another thread. 

Nice! Thx for linking that video. Its rudimentary and a bit rough, but sure shows that a lot more is possible then currently in the works (cod4 non existent random recoil).

Edited by ToonBE
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

seem to remember vCOD  had the mp44 as switchable to turn on manual firing, decreased the recoil and was an awesome rifle very accurate and lethal.

I think some of the recoil in Cod5 might be something you guys want to look at. I would upload some stuff, but I'm not at parents home where my gamepc and cod5 is atm (gotta love Uni)

• Upvote 1