[CM] BigTuna

Battalion Announcement Vlog!

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looking good guys.  Not sure yet about the claim its better than DOW (looks just like DOW Alpha did), but hopefully the mechanics are there and less bugs than DOW.  Looks like it was only one map, is that the plan?  One map all through Alpha?  If it is then that is fine, just want to get a sense of how far along you guys are.  

But looks are not everything of course.  Core gameplay is the most important at this stage.  Looks like you guys have some excellent animations, looks smooth, looks fast paced, maps look a bit more in the open (hopefully), I noticed some hat tips to HL2 based games like DOD/S (so it's not a complete COD tribute).....looks like you are on your way to delivering your promise.  

Happy to see the game being made.  Will be watching like a hawk.  

Edited by Switz

1 minute ago, Switz said:

looks just like DOW Alpha did

I wouldn't make that claim yet till we actually get to play it. DOW alpha looked like it was a chalk drawing, almost like they only let us play the game in lowest settings during the initial alpha release.

I spy jump shots. 

KingHoward thank you for coming through on your tease

YES..!!!  you guys keepus in the loop and want to communicate and hear our feedback. and you listen to what we want....this makes the difference in gaming..this is what will make this  a great game,,.......thank you...

Amazing!! I'm so excited now! Keep up the great work! :D

I'm now ready to move from CoD2 to Battallion :)

Fantastic News Keep up the hard work Guys The dream is all most upon us ;-)

The piece of art shown in "Battalion Announcement Vlog!" is looking pretty nice. The gameplay looks fluid and simple - love it! :)

I would to ask you several questions:
1. Competitive maps have generally two places where we can plant the bomb (A;B)... and high skilled and competitive players are supossed to have map knowledge but for novice will be great to implement A;B indicator to HUD. COD2 made it very simple and useful (i.imgur.com/D8fSJqS.jpg)... plant areas were indicate at minimap... In COD4 or higher were implemented waypoints which were also great for beginners but imho it took too enough of screen space...(i.imgur.com/nkNf0uM.jpg)
WILL BE PLANT AREA INDICATORS ADDED TO THE HUD?
BTW... hud is looking very nice, clean and simple 

2. OPTIMIZATION??? can we expect variability to turn visual fxs off? if there be opportunity to set off FPS KILLER FXs it will be great... less hardware demanding games is key to hudge community... hudge community is key to competitive succes...
..and What about VulkanAPI? Linux? a hardware requirements?

sorry for my english :( 

Will this become the week of the Gameplay Trailer......?

If they show it I have probably even more problems waiting till May :P Getting nervous hahaha

Im sure we will be getting a nice gameplay trailer mid April just to spice things up!! lolol

Looks great guys!! Keep up the good work! The Alpha is near and the testing will begin to polish the game

Can't Wait To Start Putting Lead Down Range :D The Bulkhead Team Is The Best And You Rock Big Tuna B| Good Job Guy's 

On 03/19/2017 at 5:31 PM, LysoO said:

What about VulkanAPI? Linux? a hardware requirements?

This would be wonderful. I ditched windows all together after backing this and it would be nice to be able to play. Unreal is incredibly versatile and makes cross platform builds easy.

Plus optimization for a single API would simplify their development. StarCraft is dropping directx for vulkan as well and I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda does the same with its future titles. We know Valve is actively pushing vulkan too.