Poinka

A question about Paid DLC in this game.

Poinka    0

This has been a bit of a talked about topic over on the Discord, (btw if you're not on there you really should be, really neat way to talk about this game with other people) and i figured i might as well make a thread about it on here since i haven't seen any threads talking about this. Basically, i was brought up to the possibility of paid DLC in this game.

Basically, BigTuna made a tweet saying that they were considering "Some paid DLC" whilst lowering the price of the game overall. While a lower price on the game would be nice, it's a bit concerning considering we don't know what direction this DLC could take. I'm aware this isn't confirming anything, and for all i know, this may not happen. But if it's going to happen the community really needs to make themselves heard on the kinda stuff we DON'T want from this.

Which is basically anything to do with multiplayer. Bit of a no-brainer but you know.  Basically, if this is going to happen, what would be the best way of going about it?

jcuz    103

Alternate revenue option to paid DLC, similar to what CSGO have done with Operations, or dota2 with the compendium. Instead of paying for core elements of the game (maps/factions) you pay for the ability to complete missions, receive rewards (medals/ribbons) and have access to limited edition crates/cosmetics.

• Upvote 1

Ryssk    24

Well like we spoke in Discord, it's mostly a "consideration" or how you will call it. So it's nothing set in stone

But as also being spoken, it's that if you start pushing out DLC:s like a new map,weapons and what not (exactly the same as BF3 did) it will mostly cause damage to the community overall.. (remember this is my own opinion) it will somehow split it apat! Like it did for Battlefield 3. 

DLC should maybe be like skins,weapon skins.. but that's not DLC either.. that's more of a "purchase in-game visual content"? I dunno.. but the same system as CS:GO uses can make a game go a long way, and still make money for the developers imho :)

Basically Tuna made a mistake, we aren't considering paid DLC at this moment, but we are considering lowering the price as we focus ourselves more as a competitive game and looking at how we can use skins. A big thing for pro teams is being able to have their logo on weapons, that's something we need to look into.

Joe

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    257
3 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Basically Tuna made a mistake, we aren't considering paid DLC at this moment, but we are considering lowering the price as we focus ourselves more as a competitive game and looking at how we can use skins. A big thing for pro teams is being able to have their logo on weapons, that's something we need to look into.

Joe

Hi Joe,

The route you are taking is perfect to develop the game for a long period of time.

I do think that, in regards to the weapon skins etc, it would be a good idea to drop the 'ww2 fidelity'. A different kind of wood, scratches, etc.. is not distinctive enough.

I would be happy to pay 20 euro's for a thompson skin covered in snakes or w/e. After all guns could be painted as well of they wanted to back then. On this point, just copy what csgo is doing. They've nailed it.

• Downvote 7

Ryssk    24
2 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Joe

So it was just Tuna baiting for Re-Tweets? God dammit! :D

ChivasUK    6

A good DLC or even a season pass may include, up to

7 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Joe

8 maps, early access, weapons and character skins, I agree with you, to see teams logo on weapons is something halo and gears of war have been tested and works good.

• Downvote 1

Poinka    0
16 minutes ago, ChivasUK said:

A good DLC or even a season pass may include, up to

8 maps, early access, weapons and character skins, I agree with you, to see teams logo on weapons is something halo and gears of war have been tested and works good.

Ehh, locking maps behind DLC or a Season Pass wouldn't work for a competitive game. And it's generally not a great practice anyway.

xXclusiivE    3
9 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Joe,

The route you are taking is perfect to develop the game for a long period of time.

I do think that, in regards to the weapon skins etc, it would be a good idea to drop the 'ww2 fidelity'. A different kind of wood, scratches, etc.. is not distinctive enough.

I would be happy to pay 20 euro's for a thompson skin covered in snakes or w/e. After all guns could be painted as well of they wanted to back then. On this point, just copy what csgo is doing. They've nailed it.

Oh boy lol...

• Upvote 1

We're considering all avenues right now, dropping the fidelity is one avenue and everything will become apparent eventually :D right now we've got to keep some cards close to our chest.

Joe 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Scarps    10
13 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Joe,

Please no. I don't want to see the Wehrmacht running around with Pink rainbow MP40s and the Marines running around with FaZe themed Thompsons. Let them carve their emblems into the wood. This is a WW2 game, not candy land 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/3/2017 at 9:18 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Joe

And please, dont forget this idea:

o6Bb.gif

• Upvote 2

ToonBE    257
14 hours ago, Scarps said:

Please no. I don't want to see the Wehrmacht running around with Pink rainbow MP40s and the Marines running around with FaZe themed Thompsons. Let them carve their emblems into the wood. This is a WW2 game, not candy land 

It's also a businessmodel which needs to create revenue for itself to be sustainable. If you just want a gun with a special type of wood and an engraving, go for it. If I want a big mean animal on my thompson why wouldnt you let me? I would pay for it and you'd only see how cool it is if you decide to pick up my gun... :P

The possibilities with skins that are true to the whole ww2 story, are too limited and do not provide enough variation.

And who wouldnt want to put stickers on his gun from his favorite team?