Sign in to follow this  
RAFF

Smoke / Flash grenades?

Tripwires etc. were horrible... AWE-mod or such bring them on vCoD/UO and it was just horrible, uh. Molotovs I wouldn't mind if they were in, they were quite useful weapon after all in 1939-1940 and somewhat I would like to see Satchel-charges in game, maybe just something you can pick up from predetermined place at map (public rule set).

I would also like to know what kind of mechanics we would have in explosives? Two different ways to throw them? Different timing and/or power between them? Hopefully not cooking until the last second...

54 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Molotov and flamethrower or tripware/bettys will be fun, and give rage to the victims. I love these toys for that. xD

But they can be put aside, not a big deal, i can live without them.
Keep the spirit of COD2 with frags and smokes is good enought.

Tripwire/claymores etc have no place in a competitive game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Maybe but Bat44 is not an exclusive competitive game (just said it somewhere else :P) or i m totally wrong since 1 year and I support the wrong game. 9_9

That allow them to implement these features (even with options) .... but be quiet they wont. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10-3-2017 at 2:03 PM, FrosteR said:

Should also look at the public side of thing Erik ;). They can be kept outside of competitive, but i think a lot of people enjoy those things in random pubs.

On the flash side of things, Cod WaW had flares, which caused the screen to get very bright in some places where the flare was thrown and it disabled some noise. It wasnt really used very much in competitive though.

17 minutes ago, Maszii said:

Should also look at the public side of thing Erik ;). They can be kept outside of competitive, but i think a lot of people enjoy those things in random pubs.

On the flash side of things, Cod WaW had flares, which caused the screen to get very bright in some places where the flare was thrown and it disabled some noise. It wasnt really used very much in competitive though.

I also think they have no place in publics either. COD4 Promod publics are how it should be. Not Stock COD4. In my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Maszii said:

They can be kept outside of competitive, but i think a lot of people enjoy those things in random pubs.

This will only deepen the divide between the casual and competitive players. The bigger the differences between casual and competitive the harder it will be for both sides to get along.

Personally I'm not a fan of those things either, not in any game, but having it in one mode (where the majority of the playerbase is) and not in the other is not a good solution in my oppinion.

I'm not saying casual/competitive have to be the exact same thing and have the exact same ruleset but the fewer differences the better, specially when it comes to actual "loadouts" or equipment. Round timers, player limits and map rotations are perfect examples on things that can be extremely different between the two modes while still keeping the actual key differences to a minimum.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

I also think they have no place in publics either. COD4 Promod publics are how it should be. Not Stock COD4. In my opinion.

You can say that but COD4 was a high end revolutionary game at its time which 80% of the community which was made up of millions of players loved tremendously so I have to disagree with this one given that the majority of the suggestions you come up with I agree with.

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, FrosteR said:

Tbh i share the same opinion as you but i can see people wanting this in the game. But maybe it can be modded into the game, i know there were some cod2 servers who had those type of things, but it was a mod. So people can use it, but just not standard.