Sign in to follow this  
RAFF

Smoke / Flash grenades?

RAFF    105

Will they be in the game?

Sorry if it's been previously discussed, I haven't found anything via search function

sh0tyz    132

According to phantasy's video, there's going to be smokes, flashes, and grenades

scaR    59

Really interested to see how Battalion deals with smoke grenades and whether or not we can expect to see a similarity to the ones used in CoD2.

rav1n3    10
5 hours ago, scaR said:

Really interested to see how Battalion deals with smoke grenades and whether or not we can expect to see a similarity to the ones used in CoD2.

i think they will add 1 smoke for each player like cod4 or cod5 . makes the game more faster

scaR    59
35 minutes ago, rav1n3 said:

i think they will add 1 smoke for each player like cod4 or cod5 . makes the game more faster

I was referring more to how the smoke itself behaves rather than the quantity haha.  Being that if the smoke is h00ge like CoD2, 1 smoke per team, but CoD4-like smoke obviously you could get away with a few more.

RAFF    105
2 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

There will be smoke grenades. Not sure about flashes yet :)

If you do want to use flashes - they are great as long as you implement them right.

I think it's worth the effort of trying to make them viable, the 'feel' and trajectory of the flashes are very important!

kinda    44

I might be considered as an ignorant, but the flash grenades were invented after WWII, right ?
Around 70's if I'm right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know it's competitive but we should maybe try to stay a bit realistic, do we ?

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    187

i say no flashes but i do believe they had dummy grenades to scatter or cause the enemy to duck so that troops can advance....not sure though....

flash bangs weren't made till the late Vietnam war. If you want to add a technical grenade you can introduce Willy Pete nades :P which were banned after WW2 but im not sure how those can be implemented within a competitive scenario

FrosteR    185

I would prefer every player to have a smoke like COD4. Not like COD2 where you only have one. Brings more tactical options.

44 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

I would prefer every player to have a smoke like COD4. Not like COD2 where you only have one. Brings more tactical options.

We have a better idea 8-)

to be revealed in the coming months.

• Upvote 2

Soldat Ryan    350
2 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We have a better idea 8-)

to be revealed in the coming months.

TEASING ALAAAAAAAAARM !!! xD

• Upvote 1

hedarn    18

I know that you don't want to make 1:1 copy of CS:GO or COD but did you consider about implementing the Molotov coctails ? They have been used @ WWII and it would make great tactical impact in 5v5 gameplay. Especially when the game is about fast movmenet and effective pushes - it could stop rush or prevent someone from planting the bomb.

Edited by hedarn
  • Upvote 2

sNrklhaai    50
10 hours ago, Oldboy said:

This isn't Counterstrike. Keep it simply to frags and smokes I'd say.

Agreed, please no molotov and flash .............

i think nades and smoke are enough tactical opportunity's.

Personally, I do not think that a lot of counter strike players will switch to this game. Therefore, I would choose to make this game more like cod 1 and cod 2.

In my opinion, there are a lot more players (like me) who could not find a good alternative after these games, that’s probally the reason why a lot of people backed this project.

Counter strike has a number of strong features that can be used for this game, such as the matchmaking system. But I don’t think the players who are currently waiting are looking for the new counter strike with a little bit of ww2.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 3

vozER    108

I really hope there's not gonna be flashbangs. Smokes are more than welcome, though

9 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Agreed, please no molotov and flash .............

i think nades and smoke are enough tactical opportunity's.

Personally, I do not think that a lot of counter strike players will switch to this game. Therefore, I would choose to make this game more like cod 1 and cod 2.

In my opinion, there are a lot more players (like me) who could not find a good alternative after these games, that’s probally the reason why a lot of people backed this project.

Counter strike has a number of strong features that can be used for this game, such as the matchmaking system. But I don’t think the players who are currently waiting are looking for the new counter strike with a little bit of ww2.

Well said, exactly what I was thinking too

Edited by vozER

Soldat Ryan    350

Molotov and flamethrower or tripware/bettys will be fun, and give rage to the victims. I love these toys for that. xD

But they can be put aside, not a big deal, i can live without them.
Keep the spirit of COD2 with frags and smokes is good enought.

vozER    108
7 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Molotov and flamethrower or tripware/bettys will be fun, and give rage to the victims. I love these toys for that. xD

But they can be put aside, not a big deal, i can live without them.
Keep the spirit of COD2 with frags and smokes is good enought.

And those are the exact things I'd never like to see in Battalion ^^ CoD4 Public was pure horror with the damn claymores etc if it didn't have Pro-mod or anything.

Maybe put it optional in some servers but I wouldn't mind if those things didn't get implemented in the game at all, lol

• Upvote 2

Soldat Ryan    350
2 minutes ago, vozER said:

....CoD4 Public was pure horror with the damn claymores etc....

.... but I wouldn't mind if those things didn't get implemented in the game at all, lol

I feel you had a bad experience and a lot of rage on your words. you want to talk about it !! lool xD(joke)

Optionnal ? i will be happy. :) (but i don't believe it )
Not implemented ! Well it will be only me and my rifle ! ;) Man to man. :D (but my ratio will decrease lool )

vozER    108
8 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

I feel you had a bad experience and a lot of rage on your words. you want to talk about it !! lool xD(joke)

Optionnal ? i will be happy. :) (but i don't believe it )
Not implemented ! Well it will be only me and my rifle ! ;) Man to man. :D (but my ratio will decrease lool )

Bad experiences? Yes. Rage? No. :P