Dear Battalion 1944 developers,

I personally love the idea of creating a skill based WW2 FPS game, like back then with CoD 1 and 2, or Battlefield 1942 and to not ruin the game experience for me, I would like competitive and also authentic matches and for that I'm going to recommend three things:

1. A destructible enviroment (like eg. in Battlefield): This point is for the feeling of the battles, if grenade explodes near a house, the windows have to shatter and the walls have to break, only that way the player feels the power of the grenade and can become one with the battleground.
  2. No (automatic) HP regeneration: This is for the player to fear the enemy, to think twice about running in enemy territory and shoot everything that moves, because without a medic, he's going to die fast, if he isn't carefull.
  3. Friendly fire: That's for the player to be punished if he shoots a team mate unintentionally, and if he kills to many, or kills them on purpose he should be kicked for ruining the fun and exitement.

That is all I have to say and I really hope, that will at least read this text and respond to me.

Best wishes Bastian Gröger (Basti.Grog)!

Ah the days of friendly fire.  When you decide to troll in a competitive match and kill your teammates and then /kill.  I loved those days.

I disagree with point 1 and 2. Point 3 is OK tho. The reason that so many CoD vets are hyped for this game is that it takes what's best from old competitve FPS titles. That includes health regeneration and static environment. If they make windows breakable, i bet it'll only be cosmetic. People don't want destructible walls but static maps to prepare strats for, practicing nades, wallbangs, movement etc. No Battlefield bullshit plox :D

Edited by skitelo
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, skitelo said:

I disagree with point 1 and 2. Point 3 is OK tho. The reason that so many CoD vets are hyped for this game is that it takes what's best from old competitve FPS titles. That includes health regeneration and static environment. If they make windows breakable, i bet it'll only be cosmetic. People don't want destructible walls but static maps to prepare strats for, practicing nades, wallbangs, movement etc. No Battlefield bullshit plox :D

+1

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skitelo said:

Totally aggreed with you...

hey @Basti.Grog

there have been numerous threads debating all 3 of your points from members of the forums and devs. they're too numerous to link but use the search tool at the top of the page.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the website, Grog, but as Farq mentioned.....

On 05/03/2017 at 7:50 AM, Farq-S said:

there have been numerous threads debating all 3 of your points from members of the forums and devs. they're too numerous to link but use the search tool at the top of the page.

The "search bar" is your friend in this scenario ;).

Hey!

Point 1: a lot more work than it sounds, don't become accustomed to destructible because Battlefield has it, networking a destructible environment is very difficult. It's also not the type of game we're making more importantly. 

Point 2: We chose to have health regen, we understand the pros and cons of it, but we chose regen, it keeps the game flowing and evolving more.

Point 3: Server admins can choose to toggle on/off in competitive it will be on.

• Upvote 6

Why do people seem to forget this is an arcade competitive shooter. 

There's tons of daddy gamer 'hardcore' fps out there and none of them done well competitively. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Hey!

Point 1: a lot more work than it sounds, don't become accustomed to destructible because Battlefield has it, networking a destructible environment is very difficult. It's also not the type of game we're making more importantly. 

Point 2: We chose to have health regen, we understand the pros and cons of it, but we chose regen, it keeps the game flowing and evolving more.

Point 3: Server admins can choose to toggle on/off in competitive it will be on.

Brammer have you guys any ideia about the Shotguns? Are they coming in competitive?

Still waiting for that info, it's a huge point for me to know. Really hate them in CoD2 for example

On 07/03/2017 at 10:38 AM, mazh said:

Brammer have you guys any ideia about the Shotguns? Are they coming in competitive?

Still waiting for that info, it's a huge point for me to know. Really hate them in CoD2 for example

Yes, there are shotguns and they will be included in competitive play :)

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

Yes, there are shotguns and they will be included in competitive play :)

2nVlLHw.jpg

Grim.

Edited by Oldboy
  • Downvote 1

you should keep an open mind and see how they are when playing the game and not judging by how they play in other games.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

you should keep an open mind and see how they are when playing the game and not judging by how they play in other games.

Agreed with you, I don't know which games your thinking about but as far as I know, every competitive FPS have shotguns and there is no problem with them at all... sad reaction

Edited by kinda

11 hours ago, kinda said:

Agreed with you, I don't know which games your thinking about but as far as I know, every competitive FPS have shotguns and there is no problem with them at all... sad reaction

+1. On top of that, every competitive game I've played with them in has had this strange mechanic where if you put a bullet in the shotgun users face they fall to the floor just like anyone else. You just have to learn where and when to expect a shotgunner...

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2017 at 8:58 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Probably I've lost a post or it wasn't already say.

Admins can disable the regen?

Personally I love some hard fights without regen (just to know because I'm totally ok with regeneration too ;)

On 3/7/2017 at 2:58 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Any thought put into an "under-fire / shock system"?

This is where, when you take damage, you can not regen damage while under fire. There is no screen shake or any BS like that, but just a way to signify that you cant regen health while under that fire.