Sign in to follow this  
johnrose291

I hope theres a 12v12 search and destroy.

If this game only offers 5v5 search and destroy gamemode then I'm not buying. I'll stick to AAPG or insur--cy.  Old ww2 games, such as medal of honor allied assault, had 12v12s. 

• Downvote 9

Small maps, fast paced playstyle, competitive playstyle.  5v5 will more than likely be the main mode competitive wise but with dedi servers there will probably be 32 and 64 slot servers plus offering a wide variety of gametypes.

This is where server customisation comes into play, John. The Devteam will actively support this feature, which means that you, or anyone else, can set up a Battalion 1944 server in the way that suits your gameplay. You want "12 v 12 S&D" ? No problem, configure your server that way ;).

• Upvote 5

This game isn't locked to 5v5 man. This is just the standard size for competitive. Dedicated servers allow anyone to make any size server they want.

• Upvote 2

Well... this is not a Battlefield. If you are looking for a big map, you either have to wait for someone to make one / be the person to make one / find a different game. 

5v5 is a norm for a competitive scene and since this game aims for that, you should understand that it won't have a huge maps. 

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 4

If this anything like the old cod games, people will be making tons of maps. You'll have huge 30v30 sniper only maps, you'll have even smaller aim maps, you'll have all sorts of maps, and servers playing them. The game itself will have a 5v5 comp, as their way to be competitive, but I bet there will be teams that will play scrims that are 7v7, 10v10 and so on. If this game get's enough people to play it, you will see endless game types, hide and seek, tag, jump servers, you name it will and it will all have different amount of slots for players from 10 to 16, to 64. No different than cod1 and 2 were.  The skies the limit for modders, that's the hope and is kind of how it's sounding. 

Edited by Smiley
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smiley said:

If this anything like the old cod games, people will be making tons of maps. You'll have huge 30v30 sniper only maps, you'll have even smaller aim maps, you'll have all sorts of maps, and servers playing them. The game itself will have a 5v5 comp, as their way to be competitive, but I bet there will be teams that will play scrims that are 7v7, 10v10 and so on. If this game get's enough people to play it, you will see endless game types, hide and seek, tag, jump servers, you name it will and it will all have different amount of slots for players from 10 to 16, to 64. No different than cod1 and 2 were.  The skies the limit for modders, that's the hope and is kind of how it's sounding. 

Amen..!

If this game turns out the way i hope i will have servers running all game modes they will be like 12v12 16v16 32v32

• Upvote 1

The ability to make maps are the main reason I bought this game I'm not a map builder myself but I know a lot of map makers from far cry 2 who could be interested in this game.My favourite era of gaming was medal of honour and Call of Duty 1and 2.With the ability to play that style of game and map making the game could play on for years.

5vs5 on a competetive level is ok. But alot of us old timers really want to have 12vs12 back for just fun non competetive play. If the maps are too small I am sure someone will expand them for us. :)

servers can be setted like we wanna, cod2 for example (many servers) are 15vs15, but in a map like burgundy... that is HELL! :D

I hope the SnD mode consists of more than "place a bomb".

Considering americas army (1.2.1 to 2.4) and how their objective mode worked out, I never found something as good as this game was.

Pipeline: Here you could either turn off 3 valves to win the round, hack one computer or kill the enemy team defending these objectives

Weapons Cache: Here you were required to take pictures of 2 weapon locations or kill the enemy team defending

Hospital: Here you needed to find and protect the VIP until he reached the escape point

There was variation in it.

To be honest, i don't want to have SnD changed in any way.
I love it they way it worked in every game till now, doesn't matter if CS or COD.
For me this mode, the way it always was, is the most enjoyable.

I assume for gaining a big playerbase it's also necessary to give the players something they are familiar with.

I guess the Americas Army objective mode is also somewhat more difficult to balance nicely from a competitive viewpoint. (Not sure about this, because I'm not a pro or even close)
Even though I liked AA with its objective mode as well, but for me it just wouldn't fit in the movement and handling style of Battalion1944.

Maybe for the future it could be interesting to try something new, possibly the modding community will.

But at first i think they should stick with already well established gamemodes.

• Upvote 2