Sign in to follow this  
jhamersley

Dabbled in UE4

Is there any "tutorials" or guides that those from Bulkhead would recommend to go in depth on UE4?  I would very much enjoy creating maps and things of that nature once this comes out.  I've only dabbled in UE4 and am following a Youtube guide to learn more but was just curious if there were any guides you would recommend more than others.

• Upvote 3

I am interested in these kind of tutorials aswell. I've been searching the internet for these, but all I've found was not begginner friendly. 
Making maps in Battalion 1944, will be easy, Joe said it right here:

On 2017. 02. 03. at 10:30 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

If you're a modder, you should be able to build blockouts/whitebox maps with BSP. That's all we've done to test our maps, you dont need our build to do that, the scale is similar to Shooter game.

Thanks
Joe

I get it what the BSP is, but how to really start it, I have no idea. Yes I'm a beginner, but I'm up for anything in connetcion with the UE4 map making. :D 

That looks like a good video series for UE4, I'll pass it along to our Clan mappers B| . Thanks for sharing the info, jhamersley ;) .

• Upvote 1

I already worked with Unreal 3 Engine.

I am looking forward to map for Battalion since it came up.

Hopefully i can map for it soon :)

• Upvote 2

Is there a way to create maps in UE4 then export them for bat44? 

I'll quote it again :D :

On 2017. 02. 03. at 10:30 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

If you're a modder, you should be able to build blockouts/whitebox maps with BSP. That's all we've done to test our maps, you dont need our build to do that, the scale is similar to Shooter game.

Thanks
Joe

This is the provided information in connection with map making so far. ;)

• Upvote 3

If it's anything like Squad, Unreal Engine 4 will allow you to download the Battalion build then launch it and mod away. Export what features you need for your own project and use the assets they provide. A great playlist by Unreal that I used to get myself started is here -> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gasd4IcOe9Cx9wHoBB7rxFl It introduces you to the engine. Once you know your way around, get started with something small by following the FPS tutorial by Jimmy Vegas or the 3PS by Unreal again. You probably already have your answer as this post is quite old, but a bit more info never hurts.

Hope this helps and happy modding!

• Upvote 2