nowai

Australian servers ?

4 posts in this topic

Have we heard anything offical about what stage or if Australia will have a server on release

i know alot  of Aussies/nz  are gonna be playing this soon as it comes out and many many more will return once they find out about this game!

also will we be able to buy servers ? I will be keen on that for my clan and doing prac and scrims ect, cannot wait for this game and to test out alpha :)

I've no idea about that scenario, bro, sorry.

MAYHEM just posted this info on the forums HERE , Nowai, which might be of interest to you.

thanks man yeah was already in that :) jcuz invited me the other day

Gday Nowai,

I believe you blasted my face off several times on the first night of testing. Australia #4 if I recall.

Obviously you now know the answer, but for anyone else who stumbles across this post, yes there were in fact ~12 Australian servers at Closed Alpha 0.1 launch. Absolutely brilliant that the devs haven't forgotten about us. It isn't easy/cheap to host servers here so it's so great to see their support of us. We will be sure to support them back by providing plenty of Alpha feedback.

As for hosting ourselves, they mentioned that this would be allowed and a key part of their mission, as modders will be able to run their custom configs and our competitive theaters. Exciting! I run Pacific Gaming League with a team of people, a few or which are part of this Closed Alpha. So stay tuned, because we have plenty to offer, as soon as they allow us to offer it!