Sign in to follow this  
ClintBeastwood

COD4 Remastered lag/netcode

I played this game when it came out and was already a  COD 'vet' at the time.  Coming back to it last year I found it massively frustrating.  I put it down to me getting older and sucking, but then I fired up COD2 on the Xbox One and I was as good as ever on that.

At the time I saw a German guy on YouTube compared the ping/lag with COD4/COD4:R and the latter was demonstrably worse than the former.

So I mean.. did anyone else get that?  it was ruinous for me and I simply put it on eBay.  I worry about this with upcoming FPS like B1944.

i intended to buy MWR but checked some technical reviews before buying. all of them said the netcode was way worse than the original cod4 so i saw no point in buying it. instead, i went back and played the original cod4 which plays as good as it always has.

A shoddy remaster (remaster is definitely not the right word for what they've done with it) behind a paywall of another CoD game that looks terrible....no thanks!

I booted up CoD2 the other day and have been having a blast on the few public servers I can find for the past few days. It reminded me of how far the series has fallen. Unfortunately, if people keep purchasing this year on year with no questions asked and/or falling for the hype, they are going to keep pumping out more of the same.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ClintBeastwood said:

Is it true they still use a modified Quake 3 engine?

The engine is called IW engine. but indeed it is based on quake3 (real neame : id Tech 3 ) .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Engine

For COD: Infinite warfare, it is called : IW V7.0 next gen.