jonas01

HYPE FOR THE GAME

74 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

With that said, whoever said there aren't any hitmarkers... there definitely are and were, open your eyes man!

yeah. i was very drunk after testing it at munich. :D couldnt remember if there were hitmarkers :/

Buying a new machine for this bad boy, any suggestions... deep pockets ;)

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Peroryan said:

EDIT:  Found these on the battalion store page on steam.

@[CM] BigTuna can we expect a more detailed recommended hardware list at some point so we can make sure that we're alpha ready?

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 570 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 5 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: 3+ GHz Quad-Core 64-bit CPU
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DX12 Compatible GPU with 4 GB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 5 GB available space

Edited by scaR

Hey @scaR those specs are outdated, to be honest we're still playing around with what our min spec will be, but if you don't take this as gospel I'm happy to tell you that we're building the game to run very well on a 970 / i5 

We think this is the lower end of the more common cards, we're also trying to get at least 60fps constant on a 960 / i5 

It's worth noting that going forward the 900 series cards will become less and less prevalent and we'll see more 1000 series cards. Which currently run the game excellently. 

Thanks
Joe

20 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Hey @scaR those specs are outdated, to be honest we're still playing around with what our min spec will be, but if you don't take this as gospel I'm happy to tell you that we're building the game to run very well on a 970 / i5 

We think this is the lower end of the more common cards, we're also trying to get at least 60fps constant on a 960 / i5 

It's worth noting that going forward the 900 series cards will become less and less prevalent and we'll see more 1000 series cards. Which currently run the game excellently. 

Thanks
Joe

Clear, crisp, bright and modern visuals are very important.

A game that runs on a potato, but looks like Days of War is not where you should be going to. But I am confident you won't.

1 hour ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

I'm happy to tell you that we're building the game to run very well on a 970

Oh God, yes... lolol.jpg

1 hour ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

but if you don't take this as gospel I'm happy to tell you that we're building the game to run very well on a 970 / i5 

For someone whose currently an owner of a 970, this is great to hear!  I'm guessing though I wont be able to do any 333 fps silent running with it though ;).  Thanks very much for your quick response @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON.

Posted (edited)

Currently sitting with this rig:

i7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz

GTX 1080 @ 2088Mhz

16gb DDR4 3000Mhz

SSDs

Win10

1440p 144hz G-sync

Safe to say I will be getting great FPS? :D  I'm glad you guys are developing for lower and mid range systems, but I hope you don't skimp on the visual options for those players with the expensive rigs.  Just make sure we have the options in the menu to toggle on.  I think with the release of Ryzen and price drops across the board lately, more players will have access to better rigs.  

Also what is your stance on SLI support?  I know UE4 now supports SLI but developers have to implement it themselves.  Are you going to support SLI?  @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

Edited by Talon

6 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Thanks
Joe

Are you talking about constant 60 fps with optimized game or running it on maximal resolution, details, etc.? @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

On 3/1/2017 at 0:46 PM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

Friday evening :)

Remember this is for very early bug testing and not an actual 'reveal'. Stuff will be semi-broken and unfinished! Pre-Alpha :)

We want feedback before showing you guys and the entire public the game we all want :)

Is this will be streamed?

1 minute ago, ChivasUK said:

Is this will be streamed?

no, it's already passed :)

1 minute ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

no, it's already passed :)

Damn :/ anyway really looking forward for see actual game play and get my hands on battalion this Fall-Winter in PS4! Ikr I'm ChivasUK we have talked through twitter;) 

Performance on the 970 isn't going to be 333 fps or anything lol. Again, this is still in development and by no means a final statement; but we're open and honest. Right now high end PC's on mostly full settings can get 250fps constant, mid tier we're aiming for 125fps on low-medium settings. Low tier we're aiming for 60-90fps on low settings with possible res changes.

UE4 games run much better on SSD's as well! 

Joe

Posted (edited)

On the 960 - i5 combo you are aiming for low-med settings 60-90fps @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON?

I'm planning my computer to play Battalion nicely in the future. Since my budget is not endless, I came up with this:

i3-7100

8GB RAM

RX470 4GB (The 1060 3GB is an option aswell)

The mobo is a cheaper one, but it doesn't really effect the gameplay as far as I know.

What do you think?

Edited by Alomvampir

Posted (edited)

What id recommend for BATT1944 and UE4 based games.

CPU - intel i5( preferrably the last 4 generations )
        - ryzen 5 ( they come second quarter as fair as i know ) 

RAM - 8GIG DDR4

GPU - GTX970/GTX1060/AMD RX480

HDD - 500gb SSD ( preferably SAMSUNG )

OS - Win 10 ( its fairly rock solid these days and recommended for new age engines such as UE4 )

Monitor - if you have a tight budget make sure it has "1ms response" if you cant afford to get higher than a 60hz one.
              - If your a eSports gamer then you'd want a 144hz or 240hz gaming monitor from someone like benq or asus.
--

Streaming Gamer - If your a hardcore gamer whos into streaming on twitch.tv then id recommend something like a i7 7700k or Ryzen 7 1700 - 16gig of DDR4 with a GTX 1070/1080 gpu.

Edited by saberaus

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, saberaus said:

What id recommend for BATT1944 and UE4 based games.

CPU - intel i5( preferrably the last 4 generations )
        - ryzen 5 ( they come second quarter as fair as i know ) 

RAM - 8GIG DDR4

GPU - GTX970/GTX1060/AMD RX480

HDD - 500gb SSD ( preferably SAMSUNG )

OS - Win 10 ( its fairly rock solid these days and recommended for new age engines such as UE4 )

Monitor - Budget get 1ms response monitor if you cant afford more than a 60hz one
              - If your a eSports gamer then you'd want a 144hz or 240hz gaming monitor such as benq or asus

I would recommend 16 Gigs of RAM. I have 8Gbs DDR4 and when running a lot of Unreal games I tend to use around 7.4 Gigs. As for the Ryzen I would wait for some reviews, for some reason Unreal hates AMD processors. I have the i5 6600K OC too 4.2 and it just eats unreal games up with ez.

Edited by xXclusiivE

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I would recommend 16 Gigs of RAM. I have 8Gbs DDR4 and when running a lot of Unreal games I tend to use around 7.4 Gigs. As for the Ryzen I would wait for some reviews, for some reason Unreal hates AMD processors. I have the i5 6600K OC too 4.2 and it just eats unreal games up with ez.

Yes I guess 16gigs is more common these days but tbh you must be running alot of apps in the background for it to chew that much.

I have a 3570k@4ghz - 8GiG Ram - GTX 970 and have never maxed my ram out ever, run all my games at 1080p@120hz.

I updated my previous post btw :)

Edited by saberaus

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, saberaus said:

Yes I guess 16gigs is more common these days but tbh you must be running alot of apps in the background for it to chew that much.

I have a 3570k@4ghz - 8GiG Ram - GTX 970 and have never maxed my ram out never, run all my games at 1080p@120hz.

I updated my previous post btw :)

My setup is close to your's then. I have the EVGA 970 SSC but when playing games I only have either TeamSpeak or Discord open along with the game and nothing more.

My recommendation would be: 

CPU - intel i5 4th Gen+ or an i7 4th Gen+ if you are into streaming.

RAM - 16GIG DDR4

GPU - GTX970/GTX1060

HDD - 500gb SSD (SAMSUNG)

OS - Win 10 

EDIT: that being said make sure your motherboard is compatible with DDR4 RAM. Do not just go buy DDR4 only to find out your motherboard does not support it.

Edited by xXclusiivE

On 3/9/2017 at 9:21 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

... if you don't take this as gospel I'm happy to tell you that we're building the game to run very well on a 970 / i5

Ohh this make me sooo happy, then my i5 and 2x970 SLI will work just fine! Did a small upgrade around x-mas and don't plan on doing that again before next x-mas ;)

On 3/8/2017 at 10:26 AM, vozER said:

Thank you @Farq-S ! 

I totally forgot to test reload cancel, so no idea, sorry. 

@vozER another question for you. did you notice how the health regen system functioned?

2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

@vozER another question for you. did you notice how the health regen system functioned?

Hmm if I remember right, kind of the same way it was in CoD2. Maybe SLIGHTLY slower, but not sure.

24 minutes ago, vozER said:

Hmm if I remember right, kind of the same way it was in CoD2. Maybe SLIGHTLY slower, but not sure.

Les-7.GIF

1 hour ago, vozER said:

I still think they could benefit from a more advanced system. Just regen is a bit boring.

It would certainly be a good idea to have damage from HE grenades not regenerate or the whole purpose of having them (getting a health advantage with a well placed and timed nade) is lost.

Next to this you can go wild. F.e. only 50% of damage points are regenerated. So if you get tagged for 60 damage, you end up with 40+(50%60)=70. The regen % can also differ from weapon to weapon, f.e. a hit by kar98 only regens for 10% while a hit from a thompson regens 50%.

This can make choosing a gun a tactical decision as well. Also, it adds a tactical and 'knowledge based' element into the game. F.e. "ok team, I think I tagged him for 60 with my thompson, with health regen of 50% he should be at 70 now, so you still need to be carefull" etc etc.... This gives casters also something to talk about.

Such a system is just way more interesting then just 100% regen over time. You also have an extra element to balance guns, create tactical depth, etc... I just see advantages really...

On 08/03/2017 at 7:25 PM, Peroryan said:

Hi;) If you have deep pockets I would suggest to go all in:p

- i7 7700k
- kraken x52 (or 62) AIO cooler and get a nice overclock
- GTX 1080ti
- Z270 mobo from asus/gigabyte with all the bells and wistles (gigabyte has a nice new aorus line)
- 32gigs of DDR4 (RGB ofcourse!)
- PCIe ssd or just a SATA if your pockets are not deep enough:p
- I really like the fractal define mini c (I have it myself and a full ATX system looks amazing because of the size and the psu shroud)
- high quality platinum rated fully modular PSU, seasonic has a good reputation.
- 144hz 1ms 24 inch screen I think you even have 180hz screens atm from Asus (you would def be able to use the frequency with such a system at 1080 resolution)
- mechanical keyboard (I have browns, but its all personal preferance)
- mouse pad of choice
- mouse of your preference, zowie and logitech make nice products atm
- audiograde headphones + mic (you have click-on mics) or just go for a gaming headset such as that hyperx branded one

That would be an epic gaming system:p