Jump to content
jonas01

HYPE FOR THE GAME

Recommended Posts

RAFF    104
3 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

 

I think everyone read what the devs said, I was hoping for someone that isn't a dev to share his opinion of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soldat Ryan    350

Of course you have to read it as offical words from DEVs.
Everybody is not using twitter.
I doubt there will be a lot of comment from thoses gamers. I think they had to be silent to be allowed to play the game.

Things that are learnt from these tweets is Devs start to fix some bugs. That is a good thing before Alpha release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kinda    44
1 hour ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Of course you have to read it as offical words from DEVs.
Everybody is not using twitter.
I doubt there will be a lot of comment from thoses gamers. I think they had to be silent to be allowed to play the game.

Things that are learnt from these tweets is Devs start to fix some bugs. That is a good thing before Alpha release.

Totally aggreed, that's a really good thing to hear.

But still, how lucky those players are, im so jealous... I've been playing cod2 for so long, couldn't play the LAN because I have no team :'(

I think they want to show us they're learning from some good players, but we're getting even more impatient now haha.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rav1n3    10

no criticism but some points to improve:

- models are very clunky and moves unrealistic

- u didnt get a hitmarker or some info that u hit the enemy - or?

- low recoil on thommy

 

the game is fantastic at this stage - cant wait for alpha B|

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
6 hours ago, rav1n3 said:

no criticism but some points to improve:

- models are very clunky and moves unrealistic

- u didnt get a hitmarker or some info that u hit the enemy - or?

- low recoil on thommy

 

the game is fantastic at this stage - cant wait for alpha B|

Is the animations the same in the trailer form like 6+ months ago? The running animation for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rav1n3    10
54 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Is the animations the same in the trailer form like 6+ months ago? The running animation for example.

no but it still doesnt look fluent. But how i said, at this early stage i think its ok

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jcuz    103
3 hours ago, rav1n3 said:

no but it still doesnt look fluent. But how i said, at this early stage i think its ok

Movement feel fluid though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rav1n3    10
10 hours ago, jcuz said:

Movement feel fluid though? 

it feels great. but it doesnt look so

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2017 at 9:46 AM, RAFF said:

really?

is no one going to say how it was?

It was under NDA, however feedback has been generally positive (accepting of the fact it was pre-alpha).

Just from this small amount of focused feedback on the movement/feel etc, We can improve a lot before Alpha to make the experience better for everyone. It wouldn't have been fair or representative to our backers to release the game online in it's current state, it's something we could really only test on lan at this stage with the devs on hand to fix crashes/take notes etc. It was more about checking we're heading in the right direction FOR alpha without the stress/pressure of an online release.

Very happy with the feedback we received. We'll be posting more details in our next update.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAFF    104
3 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

It was under NDA, however feedback has been generally positive (accepting of the fact it was pre-alpha).

Just from this small amount of focused feedback on the movement/feel etc, We can improve a lot before Alpha to make the experience better for everyone. It wouldn't have been fair or representative to our backers to release the game online in it's current state, it's something we could really only test on lan at this stage with the devs on hand to fix crashes/take notes etc. It was more about checking we're heading in the right direction FOR alpha without the stress/pressure of an online release.

Very happy with the feedback we received. We'll be posting more details in our next update.

Makes sense, thanks for clearing it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kinda    44
3 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

It was under NDA, however feedback has been generally positive (accepting of the fact it was pre-alpha).

Just from this small amount of focused feedback on the movement/feel etc, We can improve a lot before Alpha to make the experience better for everyone. It wouldn't have been fair or representative to our backers to release the game online in it's current state, it's something we could really only test on lan at this stage with the devs on hand to fix crashes/take notes etc. It was more about checking we're heading in the right direction FOR alpha without the stress/pressure of an online release.

Very happy with the feedback we received. We'll be posting more details in our next update.

That's some good news ! Keep it up !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rule of 3. We always do things 3 times to nail it, the movement has had 3 passes and the kar98 so they're the only things that are 'done'. 

With that said, whoever said there aren't any hitmarkers... there definitely are and were, open your eyes man! ;)

In terms of hype; the game won't be finished even at early access. It's a work in progress and its a 'live' game. Meaning it evolves, grows, and changes. it's sometimes broken and injured too! And thats when we need your patience, cooperation and understanding, but most importantly... trust that we'll fix it! We want this game to work more than you guys do. 

Joe

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peroryan    8

I really hope this game takes over this exactly what the community needs, I believe perhaps maybe because I am from mohaa cod1 cod2, so so excited, like a school kid!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Rule of 3. We always do things 3 times to nail it, the movement has had 3 passes and the kar98 so they're the only things that are 'done'. 

With that said, whoever said there aren't any hitmarkers... there definitely are and were, open your eyes man! ;)

In terms of hype; the game won't be finished even at early access. It's a work in progress and its a 'live' game. Meaning it evolves, grows, and changes. it's sometimes broken and injured too! And thats when we need your patience, cooperation and understanding, but most importantly... trust that we'll fix it! We want this game to work more than you guys do. 

Joe

So hows that trailer going? its been 18+ days since you announced working on it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jcuz    103

Hey @xXclusiivE you might like this tweet. My guess is that the video might be included with the announcement a week or two after.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vozER    109

Hello @[CM] BigTuna @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON @[DEV] KingHoward and the rest of the Developers I met @ Forgotten Soldiers!

Even though my  time was limited to test the game we managed to have good discussions about it. You all were really nice guys, was glad to meet you! 


As I promised, I would give my quick opinions about the game here in the forums. Let's jump right into it:

As I understood, you want people to use ALL the weapons that come in the game. Not just ~ 30% of weapons as it is in CoD2

Thompson: Too low recoil. You could fire really far with it while being too accurate. What I would do: is increase the recoil JUST a little and make it do slightly more damage. Someone go ahead and try CoD1 Thompson, I think it's pretty well done.

Garand: Way, way too low recoil. Some of you mentioned that "you want it to be quite like in CoD2" but personally, I don't think you should do it the same way. In CoD2 the weapon is a little too powerful compared to the others. That's exactly the reason why the rest of the "OK"-weapons don't get used much. What I would do: definitely increase the recoil AND the fire rate. The damage is OK, I think. But right now the weapon felt way too powerful. I think you should try to get something like it's in Call of Duty1.

MP40: Pretty much same as with Thompson. Maybe change the sound to be a little more... how could I describe it... badass? mechanical? It sounded kinda similar to CoD2 if I remember right, and to me it sounds much like of a a toy. 

KAR98K: You guys wanted a lot of feedback about KAR98K. To me and my fellow clan mates it felt good. There was just something slightly off with it. Maybe the zoom-in / zoom-out was a little too slow. I think what you should do is go try CoD2 and play with the zoom (especially "hold down the aim to shoot") and try to get it as smooth and fast. It  also felt a little suicidal to use KAR98K when playing against Garand, since garand's fire rate / damage / recoil was insanely good.

One thing that felt clunky, though, was the jumping. You need to make it smoother. I think the character should get to jump longer horizontally. The character kinda "stops" after every jump, if I remember right. Also what I heard people complaining about was that you couldn't really do reloading jumps (personally, I don't mind, but many CoD2 players did mind). I don't know if it's the Unreal Engine or what made the jumping to feel so clunky.

All in all the game felt really good and almost everyone I spoke with said that this game has a LOT of potential. The movement felt really really good and smooth. Now I'm finally 100% sure that I will buy this game. Keep up the good work guys, this game is going to be amazing!

0A62aKKVQ00gliNKTsCVI0hr7_qTN6urDjDQlH2Q
Cheers!

-vozER

Edited by vozER
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks vozER, yeh the reload jump is a deep bug that most players wouldn't find. We included strafe jumping and fast reload, but reload jump probably isn't something we want in at the moment. 
The jumping issue we agree with,  but its not the actual jump its the sticky part when you land, to counter bunny hopping. It doesn't feel right.

Thanks
Joe

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soldat Ryan    350
28 minutes ago, vozER said:

Now I'm finally 100% sure that I will buy this game.

Whaaaaat ! You didn't backed the game yet ! O.o

giphy.gif

:P

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CM] BigTuna    560

Hey @vozER! Cool to meet you in Munich. Glad you really enjoyed the game so far and thanks for your good feedback! We'll take what you said into consideration when we next take a pass at the weapons! At the Minute the KAR98 is the most finished so it makes sense that the others are a little behind! 

Thanks for playing it and hopefully you can see the progress in the Alpha / Beta! 

Tuna

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vozER    109
8 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Whaaaaat ! You didn't backed the game yet ! O.o

I will, though ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257

Ah man, can't wait to get my hands on the game and provide feedback.

Tbh, I think the devs would gather a lot of information and ideas.

It seems that the game is already beyond alpha stage requirements. Too bad alpha only starts in May.

Nice work vozer. I am very curious about the recoil as well. There should be enough vertical recoil on the auto guns.

Tomorrow is a big announcement. Very curious;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    371
1 hour ago, vozER said:


All in all the game felt really good and almost everyone I spoke with said that this game has a LOT of potential. The movement felt really really good and smooth. Now I'm finally 100% sure that I will buy this game. Keep up the good work guys, this game is going to be amazing!

0A62aKKVQ00gliNKTsCVI0hr7_qTN6urDjDQlH2Q
Cheers!

-vozER

great feedback @vozER and thanks for sharing. i'm liking what i'm reading, good points and bad because it gives an overall feel for the quality of the game. really good to hear you had no real issue with damage as i guess that might require a rework of all weapons whereas recoil can probably be adjusted for individual weapons more easily. i have one very selfish question, were you able to reload cancel?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vozER    109
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

great feedback @vozER and thanks for sharing. i'm liking what i'm reading, good points and bad because it gives an overall feel for the quality of the game. really good to hear you had no real issue with damage as i guess that might require a rework of all weapons whereas recoil can probably be adjusted for individual weapons more easily. i have one very selfish question, were you able to reload cancel?

Thank you @Farq-S ! 

I totally forgot to test reload cancel, so no idea, sorry. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×