Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadddddddd

Number of rounds

10 posts in this topic

As you can read from the title,i couldnt find on the website how many rounds will one map be long.

Will it be like in CoD2(20 rounds per map),CoD4(mr12) or CsGO(mr15)?

Also i am interested in maps per match.Since there will be soloq i am positive it will be 1 map only,but will that be the same for team system(or the team who wins the most rounds in 2 maps wins)

I cant find anywhere developers opinion so i hope one of them will read this.Also,i will be glad if i can hear your opinions.

Not sure if this is a topic that has been covered. 

I think it depends on the pace of the game, I remember most of the time when I competed in CoD2 (Aus) we used mr12. In CoD1 and early CoD2 we played mr10.. CoD4 was mr12 & mr15*.

I personally reckon mr15 should be the standard, but I feel that you really gotta play the game to make a decision.

Just had a cool idea, you could have two types of lobby systems for a soloq pug, kinda like how DoTA had EM (easy mode).

Quick match (mr7) and regular match (mr15). The idea behind a "Quick match", is that it can appeal to people just looking for a quick game (max 45 minutes) and can't commit for a potential 90 minutes. 

Quick match and Regular match have a different rank, and you can queue for both at the same time if you just want to play any game.

Edited by jcuz

CoD4 went to MR12 for a while. I honestly think MR12 may be good for this game because every round is essentially a "full buy" round. In CSGO, there's many rounds that are kinda "throw away" because of eco and pistol rounds.

Interesting idea for quick match when it comes to soloq i wouldnt say no to that.

Personally,i am more interesting for team system.I am planning to switch to this game after full releaee,if not sooner,with my team and we want to play this competitive.But,i am worried about round system.

Personally(i am talking now about team system,not soloq),i would like the have 2 maps per match.One map to determine better team doesnt feel  acceptable,atleast for me.i understand that,as a team,you need to "rise above challenge",but it doesnt bring as much as variety as 2 maps would.If the maps doesnt feel good for your team(and that problem has every team) and you are having bad start you are practicly finished before you even start(in most cases).Second map is bringing a second and final chance for your comeback and you cant give credit to 'bad map' for your lose.

If they implement mr15 the match will still last(assuming it will have pace like cs:go) for around ~35 minutes which feels kinda short for team system.

In cod2(dont get me wrong for comparison since I AM putting my subjective opinion from my experience) 2 maps with 20 rounds per map(first to 21 round won is winner) is playable within 1 hour so the matches shouldnt take too long for this game too.

whoa that was a long post,hope you'll find it worth reading

@sh0tyz i totally agree with you,i absolutely hate that part of the game where you  practicly throw your rounds away.

Edited by sadddddddd

COD4 was MR12 and I don't think it's a bad assumption to make that Battalion will be the same, MR15 would be interesting though

Depends on the overall pace of the game.

If towards the "slower" side (COD1/2) I'd say MR12. If "faster" (COD4) MR15 would probably be better.

19 hours ago, chippy said:

Depends on the overall pace of the game.

If towards the "slower" side (COD1/2) I'd say MR12. If "faster" (COD4) MR15 would probably be better.

+1.  Australian CoD4 adopted the MR15 setup, worked quite well for the speed of the game and provided plenty of entertainment in higher tiered matches as there was always plenty of opportunity for a trailing team to make a comeback.  But yup, wouldn't be able to make a call on it until people actually start scrimming the game.

Great thing about all this is that it's pretty easily changed, similar to how bomb timers were changed last year in csgo.. 

MR10 seems a bit short, MR15 seems a bit long since there is no buy system like in CS:GO where you have lots of ''throw-away'' rounds where you eco.

MR12 seems to be a solid idea. Depends on how fast the game is anyway.

CS:GO stays interesting for MR15 because of the buy system, COD4 and COD2 get boring after a while because every round is ''the same'', so I'd say MR12 should be good :)

12 hours ago, FrosteR said:

MR10 seems a bit short, MR15 seems a bit long since there is no buy system like in CS:GO where you have lots of ''throw-away'' rounds where you eco.

MR12 seems to be a solid idea. Depends on how fast the game is anyway.

CS:GO stays interesting for MR15 because of the buy system, COD4 and COD2 get boring after a while because every round is ''the same'', so I'd say MR12 should be good :)

Depends on the pace of the Game idd, MR12 should be fine. Cod2 had MR10 cus of some of the bigger maps and no sprinting. But you could easily finish rounds fast when you play Touj or Burg XD.