Sign in to follow this  
xXclusiivE

Should Steam remove the "review" for..

Should Steam remove the "review" for early access titles?

Does anyone else see then trend that when someone writes a positive review of an EA game everyone praises him and loves it but if they write a negative review for an EA game they always use the excuse "well its in early access dumba*s" or you only have 4hrs in the game.. yet they fail to realize that most of these guys have 30+ hours before the game even hit steam.

Discuss!

Edited by xXclusiivE

Well, there are games like 7 Days to Die that "early released" three years ago. A game should not be in EA that long. Fix the abuse of "early access" meaning "I don't finish or QA my game", and this might work.

Or games like DayZ - the neverending alpha with 1 patch every 6 months ... Hope Battalion devs will do better than that :D

Perhaps limiting the ability to write a review until you've actually played a set amount of time in the game, rather than just purchasing it, would partly solve the problem too.

Absolutely agree they should nerf reviews.  

If you refunded your review should be removed and removed from statistics.

Playing time over 2 hours

Prime example.  I just played "Fog of War" a new game on steam.  I wrote my review just after 20 minutes and TBH rage quit the server due to bad teammates and not understanding what was going on and hated the weapons feel.  

After forcing myself to play again I started to see more.  I saw tanks finally, AT Guns, how commanders on each side either made your team way better or sucked.....It all started to come together and I can honestly say, bugs and all, I am REALLY enjoying this game and have plans to edit my review.  (Review was positive as I'm nice with EAs, but was pretty critical in what I wrote).  

Another is Days of War.  I am very intuned with that game and have read every single review.  Many attack the game for doing exactly what it says it is like being too fast paced, too hard to shoot, etc.  

There definitely needs to be a time limit.  The more you play, the more you see what the game is aiming to do.  

• Upvote 1

On 24/02/2017 at 2:07 AM, Switz said:

There definitely needs to be a time limit.  The more you play, the more you see what the game is aiming to do.  

XXSjOQj.gif

;)

only problem with that is it will null their return the game if you hate it with under 2h play time or 14 days....then someone can just leave the game open to allow them to write a review