xXDaBatmanXx93

What PC do I need to buy

I have never done PC gaming before but I really want in on the closed alpha I saw the specs on a PC needed to run this game but since I have never played on a PC before I do not know what PC to buy or what brand. I will be playing regularly on ps4 but want in on early access and alpha testing so I don't need the highest end PC. Any suggestions?

ToonBE    257

Hey,

You have 2 options. Build one yourself or buy a prebuild one.

Seeing you are unfamiliar with PC's best option for you would be to buy a prebuild system.

There are websites where you can choose the parts and they build and ship it to you. F.e. Ibuypower.com

Depending on your budget you choose your parts. I'd go for a kaby lake i5 6700k + gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, seasonic psu 750W gold, 500gb ssd.

As for peripherals, benq and asus make the best monitors. Go for the cheaper but faster tn panels @144hz 1ms grey-to-grey. Zowie and Logitech make good mice. Shape is all personal preference so you'll need to do some research. I have the logitech g pro and I can recommend it. As for mouse pad, I'd go with cloth. The undisputed champion is the Steelseries QCK heavy.

You can ask more questions, but be sure to check out linustechtips on youtube.

ToonBE    257
13 minutes ago, xXDaBatmanXx93 said:

Awesome thank you so much toon

Check out logicalincrements.com as well. Very helpfull.

Soldat Ryan    350

Thread moved to "Non-Battalion Discussion"

------

As said ToonBe if you are not familiar with PC and it is only to test Bat44 on PC, i recommand you a prebuild system too.
The only problem is you will be quickly limited (in the future) if you enjoy to play on PC :P , because some prebuild are not easy to upgrade.

WeAsOne    222

I asked on this forum how i could play Battalion on ultra, and this is what we finally came up with:

MSI B150M BAZOOKA

Intel Core i5 6500 - 3,2Ghz

Kingston Fury 16GB(2133Mhz)

275GB SSD Crucial MX300

1000GB Hard disc

NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB

Microsoft Windows 10 Home - NL (64 bit)

Edited by WeAsOne

DukeNukem    187
On 1/28/2017 at 11:46 AM, xXDaBatmanXx93 said:

I have never done PC gaming before but I really want in on the closed alpha I saw the specs on a PC needed to run this game but since I have never played on a PC before I do not know what PC to buy or what brand. I will be playing regularly on ps4 but want in on early access and alpha testing so I don't need the highest end PC. Any suggestions?

PM me or if you want i can give you a parts list according to your budget on here :) just tell me how much MAX spending money you have :)

Pros to building a PC is you can 2-3x the power and capability for the same price of a prebuilt name brand one. Easy upgrades too!!

Only con is if something goes poof its a pain the ass the RMA  and delays you of your build. Most products come with a warranty but once it expires its gone lol so after that it comes outa pocket. Though if there are any problems it usually happens at the start and during warranty.

mrvpixel    10
On 29-1-2017 at 0:13 PM, WeAsOne said:

I asked on this forum how i could play Battalion on ultra, and this is what we finally came up with:

MSI B150M BAZOOKA

Intel Core i5 6500 - 3,2Ghz

Kingston Fury 16GB(2133Mhz)

275GB SSD Crucial MX300

1000GB Hard disc

NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB

Microsoft Windows 10 Home - NL (64 bit)

Haha thats allmost my pc :P

xXclusiivE    3

I rebuild my PC once every 3 years and this is now my rebuilding year.

Current:

• I5 4460 3.2GHz (Stock fan)
  • ASRock H81M-HDS
  • EVGA GTX 970 SSC
  • 8Gb DDR3
  • 600w PSU

All my new parts get here Feb 8th which are:

Now I am keeping the same PSU and GPU. I am about 90% positive I'll be able to max out most games I play with this build and you can see I have bought parts so that I can overclock. When I have some spare cash laying around I'll probely pick up one more stick of RAM with another fan or two.