ToonBE

Upcomming news

WeAsOne    217

Seriously red dots when the enemy is firing? :( hope that is not the standard setting..

The rest is EPIC

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SupreMe    11
2 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

Seriously red dots when the enemy is firing? :( hope that is not the standard setting..

The rest is EPIC

I think red dots in the minimap is a good thing. It works fine in csgo and what's the point of having a minimap in the first place if the're no red dots?

• Upvote 2

WeAsOne    217
2 hours ago, SupreMe said:

I think red dots in the minimap is a good thing. It works fine in csgo and what's the point of having a minimap in the first place if the're no red dots?

I voted for no minimap ;)

if no-one will play it when there are no red dots maybe they need to be there.. but i hate it

• Downvote 1

DonPablo    39

Lool the new gameplay "trailer" has the same gameplay as Westie's video:

And BTW: Where'a the announced trailer? This isn't a trailer.

• Downvote 4

vozER    109
23 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

The rest is EPIC

Totally agree with you on this, buddy. I really hope it's not going to stay on the Release-version. At the very least, don't add it to the competitive play. I don't like it either - at all.

mazh    82
PRE-ORDERS CLOSING SOON
CLOSING 31st of March 2017 - 00:00 GMT

after pre-orders close, how can we buy the game and for how much?

Freakshow    173
30 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

Lool the new gameplay "trailer" has the same gameplay as Westie's video:

And BTW: Where'a the announced trailer? This isn't a trailer.

Clearly you've been done with Battalion since you found out you didn't know what 'at the earliest' meant. Just move on if it's not for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DonPablo    39
1 minute ago, Freakshow said:

Clearly you've been done with Battalion since you found out you didn't know what 'at the earliest' meant. Just move on if it's not for you.

At the earliest 2017 means at the earliest 2017 and not Summer 2018. :-)

• Downvote 3

Freakshow    173
7 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

At the earliest 2017 means at the earliest 2017 and not Summer 2018. :-)

It means that at the time they made that statement, the earliest estimation for the console release was the end of 2017. In the YEAR since that was said, they have subsequently had to confirm that their ABSOLUTE earliest target will not be met.  Also things change, features change. Stumbling blocks appear. This is not a simple process they are undertaking.

That's as simply as it can be explained. If you can't understand that from this point then there's no helping you.

Edited by Freakshow
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WeAsOne    217

What....? So there IS a real trailer comming for the Alpha:

Wonder when it will be public..

Edited by WeAsOne

WeAsOne    217
4 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

.... Or an april fool ! :ph34r:

lol don't think so...

This is:

On 3/30/2017 at 5:36 AM, SupreMe said:

If you cannot listen to where a shot is you deserve to die, no red dot please. It takes down the skill level of the game. 

daamN    7
2 hours ago, Mr.SelfDestruct said:

If you cannot listen to where a shot is you deserve to die, no red dot please. It takes down the skill level of the game. 

Of all the things in the game, that one is the one that takes down the skill level?

In every top eSport game, there is a minimap, and enemys appear on the minimap when spotted. In every single one. Even MOBAs. 

If this game wants to have any chance to be around for the long run, there has to be some attetion to details. In casual matchmaking, full lobbys are not that frequent, so if you are stuck with someone that does not have a mic, minimap is a precious tool. And to use the minimap well it requires some skill. Low skilled players ignore the minimap for a reason. 

I do think that it should only be when spotted, not when they fire a weapon, because that gives away to much information.

TL:DR: If your mate has some information regarding the positioning of an enemy, then you should have it too, independently if he knows how to use a mic or not.

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    217

Not when spotted plz.. just never red dots.. but i know i posted that message here and that was a mistake..

This is the Upcomming News Thread ;) 

Lets discuss this @ the right thread

Edited by WeAsOne

Razor    370
19 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

*wall of twitter*

April fools for sure....

Skylab    16
On 3/30/2017 at 5:01 AM, WeAsOne said:

The rest is EPIC

Red dots are critical to my game play on CoD2. I believe that the red dot is an acquired skill that requires paying intermittent yet close attention to the compass. Whether or not I'm using my surround sound sound headset, I am able to "sniff" out the enemy based on red dots on the compass.

That being said, CoD2 was just a compass. Herein what we see is a detailed mini-map with red dots exposing the exact location of the enemy with reference to buildings and objects. There is a clear distinction between visually discerning general area on a compass and pinpointing location on a mini-map. Ultimately, I'll have to wait until Alpha to fully develop an opinion!

The not-so-obvious benefit of CoD2 red dots on a blank compass is that it took time to learn where the enemy might be located based on the appearance of a red dot. This came with time played, experience on a given map and was certainly an acquired skill (which the developers are emphasizing). Will stay tuned!

Edited by Skylab
  • Upvote 1

WeAsOne    217

I guess we will get a small update today :D

(Written on April the 13th:Next Week’s Development Update 

Next week we will be releasing a small development update where we’ll be showing you the progress with our new third person animations & graphics tweaks! Stay tuned!

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1