Sign in to follow this  
hate_monger

Different Sniper Limit in teams (SoloQ/TeamQueue)

Personally I disagree.

In my mind, each admin must be able to set the server as he would.

I would haven't problem if we will have options to define:

• weapon (in)active
    • if active... set or not a limit

But have a fixed limitation no thanks.

If you can manage your server you can make sometimes some crazy match (for example, make one crazy bbq round) or balance as you will, especially for 'clan wars'...

The key must be, in my opinion: "open world for costumisation" (into the game spirit -> no mod for killstreak,...)

CH_SwissWolf":2sy8juue]Personally I disagree.

In my mind, each admin must be able to set the server as he would.

I would haven't problem if we will have options to define:

• weapon (in)active
    • if active... set or not a limit

But have a fixed limitation no thanks.

If you can manage your server you can make sometimes some crazy match (for example, make one crazy bbq round) or balance as you will, especially for 'clan wars'...

The key must be, in my opinion: "open world for costumisation" (into the game spirit -> no mod for killstreak,...)

This is regarding the competitive ruleset, the competitive ruleset can't be open for customization. You can have as many snipers as you like on your own server.

I'm sure in competitive play there will be limits on anything that is deemed necessary. As far as standard servers go it will probably just be up to the server admins.

Well, if it is for something official we can discuss :lol:

But I think that the discussion must touch more points.

I mean... you will limit the snipers, but what about Bazooka/panzerfaust, or heavy machine guns for example?

A sniper make a single shot, reload,...

The others no and the impact area is bigger (and this will increase the chance to hit or just to give a good/better cover fire)

I have always the impression that the players would block what they didn't like.

Have you already try to play Snipers VS Heavy Guns?

If you play tactical, you stay at cover and you enter in a medium range, the advantage will be to....?? :mrgreen:

But yes, if snipers are tacticals players and the others just runners, I can understand that snipers can shot them down without problems.

I think that the players make and must make the game.

If you will limit I'll say limit each class and each weapon to be sure that you will have the same 'arsenal balance' so that the difference will be really make only by players (and perhaps luck).

This is just my opinion ;)

Have a nice day

Good map design will create a balance between weapon types, especially on any game type where there are objectives. If a map is largely open then the sniper in his tent at the rear may prevail. But if there is a lot of obstruction, limiting line of sight, then the run and gunner might work.

Team or Individual Death Match type games inevitably end up with some campers who will favour the snipe. But if you have an objective, camping with snipers often means you don't contribute enough and you end up on the losing side to the annoyance of team mates. It becomes self policing.

What is important is that weapons are truly balanced in terms of accuracy and range. A sniper has range and could perhaps one shot kill, but would be useless close quarters as you can't reload quickly. On the other hand carbines reload fast but have limited range and accuracy. Shotguns (if they are even a weapon for this game) are devastating at short range, but with shorter reload times. Pistols really must be close quarters (the number of times I have been one shotted from 100 yards or more by pistol or shotgun in Battlefield is silly). And as for RPGs and grenades, they were infantry weapons so should be available, but that is where quantities must be limited as their supply would have been limited, perhaps that is only one or two, but for specific classes only.

I'm sure in competitive play there will be limits on anything that is deemed necessary. As far as standard servers go it will probably just be up to the server admins.

Yep, the sensible solution for all.

People should be able to play with what they want ...no limits. The game needs to be fun too remember and noone wants a crap player who loaded in first to be able to get sniper all the time.

• Upvote 1

If they do larger game modes and maps then it's a must. One of the reasons the Battlefield series can be so garbage at times was the overabundance of sniper rifles and DMRs.

It shits up the gameplay on objective/team based gamemodes.

People should be able to play with what they want ...no limits. The game needs to be fun too remember and noone wants a crap player who loaded in first to be able to get sniper all the time.

A sniper rifle should be the one 100% damage weapon only ingame, and to avoid 6 Snipers out of 10 players camping behind a window, there should be a limitation, there should be limited snipers that will take some tactical positions ingame, with priority to take out the other snipers and after then the other players.

CH_SwissWolf":2ei7slze]

I mean... you will limit the snipers, but what about Bazooka/panzerfaust, or heavy machine guns for example?

Well, there's a very easy solution to this which we have stuck to in the past:

There are no Bazookas or heavy machine guns. Simple as that. The HMGs and LMGs are debatable, but Bazookas won't have a place.

or you know it could just balance itself out where 5 snipers are not going to do nearly as well and 3 Rifles, 1 MG, and a Sniper. 5 Snipers should lose consistently to a well balanced team, as should basically any other setup.

CSGO doesn't have weapon caps, yet you basically never see 5 AWPs or 5 LMGs the only things you ever see 5 of are AKs or M4s i.e. well rounded generalist weapons.

or you know it could just balance itself out where 5 snipers are not going to do nearly as well and 3 Rifles, 1 MG, and a Sniper. 5 Snipers should lose consistently to a well balanced team, as should basically any other setup.

CSGO doesn't have weapon caps, yet you basically never see 5 AWPs or 5 LMGs the only things you ever see 5 of are AKs or M4s i.e. well rounded generalist weapons.

You don't see more than double AWP setups usually because weapons cost money, potentially losing 4750$ each makes no sense. If an AWP would cost the same as an AK i'm pretty sure triple AWP setups would be a lot more common.

You don't see more than double AWP setups usually because weapons cost money, potentially losing 4750$ each makes no sense. If an AWP would cost the same as an AK i'm pretty sure triple AWP setups would be a lot more common.

I forgot to mention the money part, but even then tbh their's basically no FPS where a 5 man team would have more than 2 snipers with maybe a couple specific map exceptions. This game really shouldn't be an exception to that with or without weapon/item caps which I don't think should be necessary personally I don't care if they get implemented though.

So we should easy ask for a option to set a Weapon limit.

But it is an important question, because if there are official ranking servers/system there must be a general setting for all to make the ranking fair and to give everybody the change to play on all servers the same way.

I agree, but there are alternative ways to consider.

I just started playing a different game, I find that every noob that joins the game will unlock a sniper rifle early and just camp like crazy and shoot terrible shots. It completely destroys team play as the sniper is weak in this 'said' game. It also makes the game play poor because you dont have bodies of support around you.

My solution would be disable any "pay2win" style upgrades to unlock a sniper and limit the unlock to some high rank like level 50. That way the dudes using the snipers know the maps, know the weapons, know enemy spawns, know how to shoot, so they at least will support you if they join your team with a sniper. I think they should not be too over powered so that you can get cover after being shot. Or increase the runspeed so that its a bit harder to hit those headshots.

I think sniper only maps would be nice too, maybe with no unlocks so that people can try the weapon out.

I feel that having mainly MG's & SMG's will make it lots of fun. Whereas shotguns, explosives & snipers will ruin it if they are overpowered.

This is a non-issue. It's a server setting, not a development option.

This.

/thread

ps: and this extends also to shotguns and flamethrowers if they make it into the game. Or just any overpowered weapon that you wouldn't have a reason to not choose above another.

As default you shouldn't limit guns, let people go with what they want.

What should happen though, is a mod being created for pub servers, competitive/LAN servers, where things like this will be controlled. I think it would be a bad idea to limit certain things as default.

• Upvote 1