vozER

Jump + zoom

Jump + zoom   

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have your aim zoomed / ironsighted when jumping?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

pls don't this , could effect smg players a lot , like if you'll strafe jump a corner , it'll be harder to track him cuz the zoom..

15 minutes ago, ghcts said:

pls don't this , could effect smg players a lot , like if you'll strafe jump a corner , it'll be harder to track him cuz the zoom..

Sorry I' thought you were talking about something else , yes ofcourse lol 

I think this game is about doing things what you want. And not be stopped by penaltys like this. Sure it is kinda OP so maybe they can make it a little bit harder. But it should be possible to master to make sick skill based shots.

( I haven’t played the alpha so i have litterly no idea how the game feels atm )

18 hours ago, Connard said:

The gameplay shouldn't encourage player to make action base on random gameplay mechanic. If the game doesn't allow players to aim while being in air, there will be situations where players will make random jump shot that they don't have any control on the outcome because it can be the best "chance" to win a fight, which is bad for competitive play. If the game want to be competitive, it must give players options to limit random outcomes and favorise skill over luck.

Agreed on every other aspects except on jump + aim. A small part of your body is shown and you get to shoot 100% accurately.

While not allowing jumping and accurately hitting a target, it would be a "high risk - high reward" kind of situation, where I don't see a problem with. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I myself would let it how it is now as in cod2. Or you'll find yourself sometimes stuck because you jumped that 1 time and you couldn't shoot

15 hours ago, ghcts said:

I myself would let it how it is now as in cod2. Or you'll find yourself sometimes stuck because you jumped that 1 time and you couldn't shoot

You could shoot, but not accurately. When jumping + shooting, it would be really inaccurate. I don't want a situation where you cannot jump and shoot, either.

• Like 1

I hope they keep it in the game, I love the idea of going for them crazy flick shots. I agree with other users that it makes the game feel much more fast paced.

Yeah i love a good jump shot and you can aim while jumping. That's gonna result in some crazy flicks. Hate jumping into newer games that stop this mechanic. 

On 16/01/2018 at 5:59 PM, Connard said:

If the game want to be competitive, it must give players options to limit random outcomes and favorise skill over luck.

MoH had a huge and successful competitive player base and it didn’t even have ADS. The fact that players have limited random encounter options doesn’t mean it’s going to be competitive.

Players will rush less. Unfortunately I believe that this will be another rushing style based game with people bunny hopping, quick scopping and dolphin diving everywhere.

On 09/02/2017 at 8:28 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Jump shots add another level of skill and another dimension to the game, jumping & ADS is in Battalion.

I have a feeling that somewhere down the line you guys changed your path and are aiming to get some CS players instead of getting back the old MoH/CoD players that stopped playing after CoD4. The ones that got fed up of the even faster paced fps, the rank up system, unlocks and killstreaks.

I have a question though. Do you think that people who plays a game like CS would ever leave the game for something that is somewhat close in gameplay? 

Maybe it’s me but I don’t see that happening. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, DIESELpower said:

I have a feeling that somewhere down the line you guys changed your path and are aiming to get some CS players instead of getting back the old MoH/CoD players that stopped playing after CoD4. The ones that got fed up of the even faster paced fps, the rank up system, unlocks and killstreaks.

Cod2/Cod4 had jump shot and CS don't, so your argument don't really make sense ^^

"Should you have your aim zoomed / ironsighted when jumping?"

Nope! Because if you look at Call of Duty 1, then you will know that "Back to the roots" is not that style.

Let's make it more difficult to all the former CoD 2 and 4 players. It's time to change. I want to play a new and fresh game and not a simple copy of old CoD 2 or 4. 

At the end of the day Battalion 1944 should be Battalion 1944 and not a CoD2 or CoD4 clone. I would be crazy enough to say that hitmarkers and any indicators should be removed to make the game more advanced in terms of general demands. I'm also an Insurgency veteran and I know what I talking about. 

More demand? Yes! Less demand? No!

Medipack system should be included as well in my opinion. Auto HP is a mess. And not very demanding. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

well if the jump shot accuracy was random and inconsistent then people wouldn’t even jumpshot at all as it would be useless. appart from trickshotters I guess 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Connard said:

Cod2/Cod4 had jump shot and CS don't, so your argument don't really make sense ^^

I never mentioned the jump shots in that part. I was just talking about the game feeling in general since CS doesn’t even have ADS. We’ll have to wait and see how this game goes.

5 hours ago, Greenfox said:

Nope! Because if you look at Call of Duty 1, then you will know that "Back to the roots" is not that style.

Let's make it more difficult to all the former CoD 2 and 4 players. It's time to change. I want to play a new and fresh game and not a simple copy of old CoD 2 or 4. 

At the end of the day Battalion 1944 should be Battalion 1944 and not a CoD2 or CoD4 clone. I would be crazy enough to say that hitmarkers and any indicators should be removed to make the game more advanced in terms of general demands. I'm also an Insurgency veteran and I know what I talking about. 

Medipack system should be included as well in my opinion. Auto HP is a mess. And not very demanding. 

This is my concern as well. It feels more like the newer CoDs instead of MoHAA and CoD1. I also hate 1 shot bolt actions but that's probably just me, I also don't remember how it was in MoHAA. Either way longer time to kill actually equals more skill and at this point this isn't the case with BT44. Removing hit indicators would also be a great thing to do. This would really hit close to home on that old FPS nostalgia and gameplay.

• Upvote 2

Maybe yes for other weapons than sniper rifles? I mean, that is the most deadly asset there is, those one shots from behind cover. I get that it is something that allows insane frags, especially when predicted instead of reactive shot at a previously spotted enemy, but in reality it is unavoidable and too strong. With other guns it wouldn't be such a problem as you need more than one shot to kill an enemy, whilst the one you are shooting at can headshot you, making it a high risk - high reward play for you.

9 hours ago, Greenfox said:

Cannot even begin to explain how this would change the game so much. 

I've posted before about health regen so

"Regenerative health is an absolute must for this game. 

The implications for not having this features are a lot more than you realize i think. I check the forums now and then in hopes that everything on track but i really only need to respond when people suggest regenerative health shouldn't be in the game. It absolutely should, its vital. 

Hopefully rifle tags are consistent and that it's 1 hit above the belt. The lack of regenerative health. i argue makes the game less strategic and less dynamic. Since grouping up is better and all pushing to one site becomes the norm. In cod you have diverse roll out strats for attack and defence since 1 player theoretically could kill all the people at one site and open it up. In CSGO it's a lot harder to accomplish that since your first fire fight you're tagged and now you have to wait for your team mates before you have a good shot at killing the other people. The strategy is different sure but it vastly changes the style of the game. 

The second thing is that it's more balanced this way. Each contact you have is on equal footing. You go into each individual fire fight on a even footing. This is important for things like clutching. Additionally if it becomes an E-Sport it makes it much more exciting to watch. CSGO yes you can clutch but its a lot tougher and happens more rarely. due to non regenerative health. An individual player can have more impact this way instead of getting worn down by 5 other players constantly tagging him. i was global in CS , not that it means much and played every invite season of cod4 competitive in Australia. Jumping into a game against a far worse team i could effect the game far more as an individual in cod than i could in cs and this is all down to regen. 

Deciding between regen and no regen isn't a small change to the game , its probably one of the biggest. Its drastically will change how the game is played at the top level and pretty much any competition level at the very least. "

Also the jump shooting mechanic is honestly the funnest thing in the beta, being able to jump and snap to someone is a great test of your accuracy. 

I would love to have it "to the roots"... it's quite disappointing to see that by "roots" devs mean quite garbage later CoD iterations as opposing to CoD1/UO (which still have active playerbase by the way...)

2 hours ago, muso said:

The second thing is that it's more balanced this way. Each contact you have is on equal footing. You go into each individual fire fight on a even footing.

The entire idea of having non-regenerative health is that it requires you to perform thorough the entire round and not only from engagement to engagement. The only mode in which regen probably won't matter will be TDM and quite honestly who gives two f#%# about that garbage? S&D is bound to be slower as it should be.

Regen was quite frowned upon when it was introduced in CoD2 by original CoD1/UO promod playerbase and was mostly welcomed by console players...

Edited by Marrond
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@muso

You like jump shooting and Auto HP... no problem.

But you need to agree that this is not "A Series" Competitive level anymore.

If you want to have it easier.. it's fine. But for me, I don't prefer to play a game on "C" or "B Series" level.

You know... for me CoD 4 was like Formula 3 and CoD 2 was more like Formula 2 but CoD 1 was always like Formula 1!

CoD 1 was definitely more demanding.

Of course it's funny and nice sometimes to have the ability to zoom in , shoot + jump and to hit a target. (Especially nice in fragmovies etc.) And sometimes it's nice and a big help to get hit and disappear behind a corner and wait few seconds until your health has been fully regenerated... but at the end it's not the top competitive level anymore. And that's the truth.  

Like Marrond said.. it's about to "perform thorough the entire round and not only from engagement to engagement".

And that's pretty much it!

If you like F3 or F2... that's fine for me... but I like F1! 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Greenfox said:

@muso

You like jump shooting and Auto HP... no problem.

But you need to agree that this is not "A Series" Competitive level anymore.

If you want to have it easier.. it's fine. But for me, I don't prefer to play a game on "C" or "B Series" level.

You know... for me CoD 4 was like Formula 3 and CoD 2 was more like Formula 2 but CoD 1 was always like Formula 1!

CoD 1 was definitely more demanding.

Of course it's funny and nice sometimes to have the ability to zoom in , shoot + jump and to hit a target. (Especially nice in fragmovies etc.) And sometimes it's nice and a big help to get hit and disappear behind a corner and wait few seconds until your health has been fully regenerated... but at the end it's not the top competitive level anymore. And that's the truth.  

Like Marrond said.. it's about to "perform thorough the entire round and not only from engagement to engagement".

And that's pretty much it!

If you like F3 or F2... that's fine for me... but I like F1! 

man finally someone know what they talking about

This is why COD 1 still the best,  its require skills/learning map/stratgey 

This game has none so far and they try to said going back to the route, which is not really

• Like 1

On 20.1.2018 at 6:30 PM, Greenfox said:

Totally agree with you, buddy.

• Upvote 1

I would love it if someone could please explain what specific factors cod1 had that made it so much more competitive than cod4. Just saying something like "cod 1 is A- series" and "Cod4 is C-series" does nothing for us. Also how SPECIFICALLY does non-regenerative health make a game more competitive? How does it make it harder? 

Thanks

40 minutes ago, Jben said:

I would love it if someone could please explain what specific factors cod1 had that made it so much more competitive than cod4. Just saying something like "cod 1 is A- series" and "Cod4 is C-series" does nothing for us. Also how SPECIFICALLY does non-regenerative health make a game more competitive? How does it make it harder? 

Thanks

How does it make it harder?

Let me explain. It's simple.

Imagine you play CoD 4: 

You get hit by a bullet but you are not fragged. So you hide in cover and you wait aprox 5 seconds until your health energy is on 100% again. So you can come out from the corner and you can relocate where the enemy is again.

This is what I call  "C-Series level"

Now imagine you play CoD 1:

You get hit by a bullet but you are not fragged. So you hide in cover and now the tricky part is... that you can NOT wait 5 seconds until your health is again on 100% ... you health will stay at let's say as an example on just 10%!  So you will need to think 10x times if you want to relocate and come out. On the other hand your enemys will know that you have low energy and this will make it harder for you to survive and also you enemys will now know that you are an easy target because you are already hit and you need to think more and create the best plan to come out of this situation and win a game!

This is the main difference! 

That's pure A-Series level. Because it's way more demanding than hide and wait few seconds until your health is 100%. 

Formula 3 is hard.... but Formula 1 is harder. ;-)

Edited by Greenfox

reg makes the the game more fast paced and viable for more 1vs5 clutches 

i prefer c then i guess :) 

• Upvote 1

On 20.1.2018 at 4:29 PM, DIESELpower said:

I have a question though. Do you think that people who plays a game like CS would ever leave the game for something that is somewhat close in gameplay? 

Maybe it’s me but I don’t see that happening. 

I can tell you i've convinced atleast 5  cs players to switch within a week since I first heard of this game like a month ago. Convincing is the wrong word I only gave them ingame footage

They cba to play CS because of the bad netcode/reg and obviously the 10$ esea cheat subscriptions.

Alot of people really hate that game. They play it because of friends or no other FPS 

B2T-->>

How can you say it's frustrating to get killed by accurate jump shots? This is raw skill.

Imagine how frustrated you will be when the jump shots won't be accurate anymore and you get "lucked".

You could argue that some spots might become op. Well alright maybe but people learn and once people know common angles they pre-aim them and then you just get punished for using this <op> jumpshot .Maybe they avoid facing it / might flank it or just nade it.