Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farq-S

CoD 2017 'boots on the ground'....Confirmed!

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

rumours are the next CoD will go back to its roots but don't worry, if it turns out to be anything like Modern Warfare Remastered it won't be a threat to Bat44.

Edited by Farq-S

In this article, they are talking about Vietnam for next COD.

Rumors time is on the way until official news ! ;)

not even one more penny to those moneywhores trash business ugly cows

On 3.1.2017 at 2:05 PM, mazh said:

Agreed

Doesn't matter what the setting of a CoD released in 2017 are, all the things that made the game great have long since been ripped out and trampled upon several times over.

100 percent done with CoD now ...fucked pc players too many times....fuck all their dev teams.

Anyone ideas on the time period that COD2017 will cover? Please no mech suits >:(

I use to play the first few COD's until the developers went insane!

Edited by WarPig

On 1/3/2017 at 8:35 AM, mazh said:

If I see a WWI, WWII or Vietnam setting then they will be taking my $$$$$

so, CoD 2017 has been confirmed as boots on the ground. but activision will still find ways of effing it up. it'll be the same old outdated modified quake engine. it'll be hacked by the time the beta comes round. it'll have pay-to-win supply drops. it'll have bullshot CoD points. but i still have that tingle of excitement to see how it turns out. nevertheless, this'll be the year of the Batt!

They're going back to their roots, they said.

I want to see some CoD 1-4 gameplay then. #notgonnahappen

CoD will pay a lot of populair people to promote their new game, that will attract a big group of people (because it works that way).

Interesting what they are releasing next year, but as oldschool gamer i'm not waiting for another CoD pay to win..

I think we have a great player base at Battalion already, and with mouth to mouth promotion and the power of the game itself we will dominate :)

Lets make it happen B|

I haven't bought a CoD game since Black Ops 2 and now they are going back to there roots! hell ya I am excited as fu*k and can not wait to see what the reveal is going to be. I could care less if Activision are money hungry because I know I got my moneys worth out of those older games and as long as I am having fun I could care less about anyone else.

One of my favorite things about the old school games was there Single player campaigns. People can wine and bit*h all they want about Activision but as long as its boots on the ground and no future stuff I. AM. SOLD.

Edited by xXclusiivE

I really don't know how anyone can honestly believe that this huge, profit-first-orientated, gaming company still cares about classic FPS gaming and its dedicated community, such as we saw with "COD2". Making cash and increasing the price of their company share issue is now their main focus and any honest-hearted gamer can clearly see that.

Just how much more cash can they greedily stuff into their exo suits anyway O.o ?

:lol:

1 hour ago, WolfEnstein said:

I really don't know how anyone can honestly believe that this huge, profit-first-orientated, gaming company still cares about classic FPS gaming and its dedicated community, such as we saw with "COD2". Making cash and increasing the price of their company share issue is now their main focus and any honest-hearted gamer can clearly see that.

Well said ! :)
That's always surprised me too.
People are blind and without memory or they want to see only what they want to see. 9_9

But hey !! .... Activision, I see you !!

giphy.gif

:D

At this point I just don't care anymore, it's evident They don't know how to make a good game anymore. I bought MWR and I was really sad to see how they have ruined the game, bad pc port aside, they even managed to ruin it even more with the recent updates. 

Who cares about boots on the ground and WW2/Vietnam setting. Guys, it's Call of Duty - we 100% won't be getting dedicated servers, modtools and all the stuff that made classic cods great. We'll get poorly optimized console port with tons of dumb dlcs instead.

Activision Explains Why 2017's Call Of Duty Is Going "Back To Its Roots" : Source Gamespot

giphy.gif

Really !! O.o

.... "In 2017, Activision will take Call of Duty back to its roots and traditional combat will once again take center stage," Tippl said. "This is what our dedicated community of Call of Duty players and Sledgehammer Games, which has been developing this year's title, are the most excited about." .....

..... Sledgehammer previously assisted with the development of Modern Warfare 3 and served as the lead developer of Advanced Warfare. Activision rotates between three main studios--Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer--for its annual Call of Duty releases. Sledgehammer was, at one point, at work on a third-person Call of Duty game set during Vietnam.  ....

Since when COD is a 3dr person shooter game ???

tumblr_mbv6nvejCR1qmzxy4o3_400.gif

I think they want to steal the customers from Battlefield 1.. But it wont be any competition for Battalion B|^_^

It has nothing to do with "roots".. just with the theme ;)

Edited by WeAsOne