Alomvampir

What kind of mods would you like to see in Battalion 1944?

Alomvampir    42

Mostly I'd like to see some more gamemodes (including my idea aswell :D). I just wanna know what are the mods you wanna see in the game.

• Upvote 1

ShotgunRCAF    13

I just want a solid game with smooth game play and a UI system that is not overdone.

Capture the Flag, TDM and detonation would be enough to keep me happy, also the possibility of adding a Resistance Faction for detonation like the French Resistance would be a welcome change to the military genre.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

WolfEnstein    214

Yep, many of us, who have no interest in the competitive-side of things, will require a lot more than a basic game in order to keep our interest. Adding "detonation" to any FPS game is always a winner, it's so much more fun and objective-based than any other mode and requires genuine teamwork. You'll always get killed a lot in-game with this mode, but who cares, as long as your squad win the map?

• Upvote 3

DukeNukem    187

Id like to see what wolf is saying. Teamwork based Mods with maybe some realism involved? No HUD, suppression effects, and things like 3rd party support (airstrikes, bombing runs, and artillery)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Soldat Ryan    350
10 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

An Enemy Territory mod (Although the movement isn't too dissimilar) aaaaand I'd like to see someone make a really really good map that we can implement into the full release. 

That means the tools will be available from the start  (Alpha step) ?
I m not mapper but i know a community of them which could be interested in this case.
They are also able to help you to fix/test the tool (they recently did it for BO3 tools)

Edited by Soldat Ryan

RLpacifist    71

The tools are there already. Technically anyone could start fiddling around with it right now.

However, we still lack contents (materials, props, sounds, …) and of course the functionality providing further game logic like bomb areas and CTF-flags and so forth. While those aren’t mandatory for a start, we’d at least need some basic values like this. Are there any plans on releasing this kind of information, @[DEV] KingHoward?

Soldat Ryan    350
25 minutes ago, RLpacifist said:

The tools are there already. Technically anyone could start fiddling around with it right now

Yes, i know this.
My question was more about specifics contents for the game as you correct it by yourself.
Thanks for specifying it.

yiNMastah    104

I'd like to be able to play missions/campaign as a Wehrmacht soldier for a change. 

Edited by yiNMastah

sh0tyz    131

Remember that old game where it was kinda like hide and seek? (Forgot the name of it....). One team picks an object to disguise as an go idle in a part of the map. The other team has to find them. That was pretty fun back in COD4, wish I could remember the name of it D:

[CM] BigTuna    560

We used to call that, Mike Myers. Only knives are allowed by the person that has to go around and find people. If they get them then they join the search and try and find the others ha COD:MW2 was funny on that crashed AC130 map :)

Edit: Just googled it and it turns out its more universally accepted than I thought! (I had a feeling it could just have been something me and my friends did haha!) But yeah here are the rules: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951943-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/54081743

• Upvote 1

mazh    82

really like that hide and seek mod, cod4 and tf2 had one where you got transformed in map objects like boxes, lighposts, tires, tables... everything, and had to hide in the map.

fun has hell when big huge lightpost started running and jumping like crazy

sh0tyz    131

Yeah that's it @[CM] BigTuna! I used to play this a lot in my downtime in COD4 when I wasn't scrimming! So much fun. Now that I'm older and more skilled at programming, I might make it ^_^

EDIT : Oh yeah I googled it, in COD4 it was called a Hide N Seek mod, or also Prop Hunt. Loads of fun

xXclusiivE    3
On 1/19/2017 at 11:34 AM, [CM] BigTuna said:

We used to call that, Mike Myers. Only knives are allowed by the person that has to go around and find people. If they get them then they join the search and try and find the others ha COD:MW2 was funny on that crashed AC130 map :)

Edit: Just googled it and it turns out its more universally accepted than I thought! (I had a feeling it could just have been something me and my friends did haha!) But yeah here are the rules: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951943-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/54081743

CoDWAW! this and a few friends was amazing. Specially because most maps had that dark gloomy World War Two feeling too them along with he frightening/ jumpy soundtrack.. I miss the good ol' days.

Outskirts was the best map for this!

As for mods, I would like to see more factions. Being Canadian I really want to see them in a game. They always get left out even though we participated is most of the major battles during the last 100 years :(

Edited by xXclusiivE

If you're a modder, you should be able to build blockouts/whitebox maps with BSP. That's all we've done to test our maps, you dont need our build to do that, the scale is similar to Shooter game.

Thanks
Joe

• Upvote 2

Pinder    1
11 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

How is shaking your mouse fun? 

Obviously it wouldn't be like that in battalion since battalion uses cod like movement. It's called strafing and increases your speed when done in sync with movement keys. I was more talking about the idea of the game mode itself with timers, checkpoints, jumpstats whilst completing a course.

Alomvampir    42

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

I'm not quite a modder to be honest, but I would like to be one. I have  several map ideas, that I really would like to make, but first of all, I have to learn the basics. Never done anything like that before, but if you or somebody from the community can spend his/her time with teaching me how be able to make a map, I would be most grateful. :)

Alomvampir    42

@ElDoggo That won't happen in Battalion. :) If you would like to play a game with destructible enviroment, go and get Battlefield 1. One of the best games of 2016. I only played the beta, but it was really nice and polished. Great game.