EthanFong

Checking magazine animation

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Example would be mp40. You would take out the mag and look if there's any bullets left. Or for bolt action rifles you pull the cocking mechanism back to see if bullets are still there. Pulling the magazine out of the m1911 and taking a look to see if there are any bullets left. Maybe even doing it with a British  sten gun. After you check if there is any bullets left you basically put it back into the gun itself  ready for firing.

Edited by EthanFong

If it will be shown on the HUD, I think there is no need for it. But if not, it's not a bad idea at all, but it would take several seconds to check if there are any bullets left, so maybe it would be more time saving, if you just reload. Also you can guess that approx. how many bullets left in the mag/weapon, so you can decide that you are able to kill another soldier or not. However this is not a bad idea, just nobody would use this technique.

Posted (edited)

On 02/01/2017 at 10:28 AM, Alomvampir said:

If it will be shown on the HUD, I think there is no need for it.

Exactly, Alom. I don't see the point in complicating things, especially as "Bat44" is going to be a "back to basics" WWII FPS.

Edited by Wolf Enstein
typo