Allison_Lee

Anti ddos attack

6 posts in this topic

Is there gonna be anyway to prevent those? because I've suffered through the battlefield 1 on the days of the beta.

Do you mean a ddos attack to an individual or to a server?

I mean the server. It affected the whole server of battlefield 1 in which I had to wait a long down time an astounding 12 hours for it to get back online. for multiplayer and this was during the beta. so it affected all multiplayer testers during the beta. This not only happened to battlefield 1, but it also happened to heroes and generals where I had to wait like 2 days for them to figure out the mess, so players can start playing the game again.

On 30/12/2016 at 8:08 PM, Jester said:

Do you mean a ddos attack to an individual or to a server?

I'm saying the server

Edited by EthanFong

Battalion servers will be dedicated servers (excluding battlerank ones I assume), so it's down to whoever hosts your server for it to be protected. I'm sure bulkhead will go with a host that will be able to combat ddos attacks.

However as for teams with servers, their server host should hopefully have ddos protection :)

On 30/12/2016 at 8:19 PM, Jester said:

Battalion servers will be dedicated servers (excluding battlerank ones I assume), so it's down to whoever hosts your server for it to be protected. I'm sure bulkhead will go with a host that will be able to combat ddos attacks.

However as for teams with servers, their server host should hopefully have ddos protection :)

the thing I don't want to do is have to wait this long to get the game back up and running again that's what I'm afraid of for all the other players that want to enjoy this game as much as I am

On 30/12/2016 at 8:16 PM, EthanFong said:

I mean the server. It affected the whole server of battlefield 1 in which I had to wait a long down time an astounding 12 hours for it to get back online. for multiplayer and this was during the beta. so it affected all multiplayer testers during the beta. This not only happened to battlefield 1, but it also happened to heroes and generals where I had to wait like 2 days for them to figure out the mess, so players can start playing the game again.

I mean read this about the ddos attack and how it affected these games. As you can see here it takes a really long time for them to fix this problem even if it happens in battalion 1944.

Edited by EthanFong

game servers are prone to being manipulated as bots in ddos attacks, it can be solved either in the game or in the servers firewall but if the server itself is the target of the ddos attack there is not much anyone can do until the culprit is traced as it will affect the whole network connected to that pipeline.