Panzerfaust150

Mild Language?

15 posts in this topic

Dear Developers,

I was wondering what kind of mild language might be featured in this game. As in which specific cuss words will be used in it. I sincerely hope this game does not turn out like Day Of Infamy and it's uses of God's name in vain.

P.S. I'm sorry if I sounded a little rude.

Yes I agree, let's not get crazy with the swearing ... Some mild cussing is to be expected, but let's leave God out of it please.

i cant imagine soldiers getting a non-fatal shot screaming "whoopsy daisy, im shot!!!" :P  just kidding

Loooooooooollllllllllllllllll Nice one gonzomark43.

Maybe the retort could be................'Infamy, infamy...........they've got it infamy!' :)

Hi Panzer and welcome to the forums too ;). We regularly play "Day of Infamy" and I agree that the swearing and cursing are rather prominent in the in-game "player-speak". The swearing doesn't bother me at all. However, I have to admit, all the "Jesus Christ" exclamations make me cringe a little.

At the other end of the scale, as far as in-game "player-speak" is concerned, we have another 2 very successful World War 2 FPS titles, "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" and "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory", which had no swearing in-game at all. They were released about 15 years ago, though. Today's society is far more vulgar, arrogant and rude than it was back then.

I'm sure our Devteam will find a balance between the two ;).

Thanks for your reply Wolf Enstein, and your right, new games have become a lot more vulgar than back in the 'good ole days' of gaming. P.S. (for certain others) I'm not trying to be pushy about the whole language thing, I do respect others beliefs, it's just some of it is a little unnecessary.

On 30/12/2016 at 11:24 AM, gonzomark43 said:

i cant imagine soldiers getting a non-fatal shot screaming "whoopsy daisy, im shot!!!" :P  just kidding

True.

We will have to look at what specific words and phrases we are comfortable adding and within what setting. However this game will probably be an 18 so it won't exactly be against the law for us add them in. It's mainly about what sounds cringey or not.

We will probably be including a player controlled "chant" that can be used once or twice a game. I dislike some of the random phrases and chants that get shouted at times in certain games. As you said @Wolf Enstein its pretty prevalent in Day of Infamy and the choice of chants is way too extensive really they get spammed and that creates too much noise that take away from important noises such as footsteps or gunfire.. but I like the use of them in Overwatch so maybe its how you create them so they are tasteful and not cringey, which can be hard on a budget and when trying to instill emotion. Overwatch's chants aren't all that emotional and more situational sooo who knows. 

However there may be a swear word or two included but they won't be extensive don't worry!

Even though I know a lot of people hated the taunts because they might get annoying after a while, I put together a list of in-game voice commands.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Call of Duty 1

It's in no way a requirement for me, but some of them are just really funny to hear hehe.

My personal favorites are the German taunts from MoH:AA.
"Französische Schülerinnen schießen besser!"

Edited by muscut

3 hours ago, muscut said:

Brilliant :lol: .

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, [CM] BigTuna said:

We will have to look at what specific words and phrases we are comfortable adding and within what setting. However this game will probably be an 18 so it won't exactly be against the law for us add them in. It's mainly about what sounds cringey or not.

We will probably be including a player controlled "chant" that can be used once or twice a game. I dislike some of the random phrases and chants that get shouted at times in certain games. As you said @Wolf Enstein its pretty prevalent in Day of Infamy and the choice of chants is way too extensive really they get spammed and that creates too much noise that take away from important noises such as footsteps or gunfire.. but I like the use of them in Overwatch so maybe its how you create them so they are tasteful and not cringey, which can be hard on a budget and when trying to instill emotion. Overwatch's chants aren't all that emotional and more situational sooo who knows. 

However there may be a swear word or two included but they won't be extensive don't worry!

Thank you for the information. Can't wait for this game to come out and I do apologize if I sounded a little rude. (P.S. Love the attention to detail on those uniforms and weapons!)

Edited by Panzerfaust150

On 1/10/2017 at 1:19 PM, muscut said:

That's a classic. ;)

"Das war Drecksarbeit." after a nade kill or "Französische Schülerinnen schießen besser!" after a 3v1 in a match.

TRIGGERED!

On December 30, 2016 at 5:24 AM, gonzomark43 said:

LOL.....

On December 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Wolf Enstein said:

Hi Panzer and welcome to the forums too ;). We regularly play "Day of Infamy" and I agree that the swearing and cursing are rather prominent in the in-game "player-speak". The swearing doesn't bother me at all. However, I have to admit, all the "Jesus Christ" exclamations make me cringe a little.

At the other end of the scale, as far as in-game "player-speak" is concerned, we have another 2 very successful World War 2 FPS titles, "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" and "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory", which had no swearing in-game at all. They were released about 15 years ago, though. Today's society is far more vulgar, arrogant and rude than it was back then.

I'm sure our Devteam will find a balance between the two ;).

Yeah, it funny how they use the Lords name so easily, but they don't use any other religious name ...lets be an equal opportunity offender..! Instead of yelling Jesus, ......yell , dang Harry chrishna!!  Or how about , Damn budda!!

49 minutes ago, ltjakecutter said:

Yeah, it funny how they use the Lords name so easily, but they don't use any other religious name ...lets be an equal opportunity offender..! Instead of yelling Jesus, ......yell , dang Harry chrishna!!  Or how about , Damn budda!!

... and why not : Damn Daaniel !  default_shame.gif

On 09/01/2017 at 3:17 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Amen ! ;)

On ‎10‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 2:19 PM, muscut said:

hahaha yes yes yes, classic!