Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Melee animations

I think there should be 3 melee methods:

Pistol bash - 2 hits

Main weapon bash - 1 hit

Bayonet - 1 hit, faster than bash, but in cost of something else like bigger recoil or slower aiming down sights

I think there should be 3 melee methods:

Pistol bash - 2 hits

Main weapon bash - 1 hit

Bayonet - 1 hit, faster than bash, but in cost of something else like bigger recoil or slower aiming down sights

Good idea. But for bayonet what you mean with bigger recoil on melee fight?

Sent from my SM-G900F

No. The bayonet is probably affecting something when u're shooting, but I don't know what exactly :D

Ahhhh now i know what you mean ^.^

Sent from my SM-G900F

noone is gonna use the bayonett then since melee combat is way to scarce to get the advantage if you have shooting disadvantages.

noone is gonna use the bayonett then since melee combat is way to scarce to get the advantage if you have shooting disadvantages.

thats true. i think they should add melee system. sometime you have to reload or something and then melee kill is easier ^^

How about melee with the gun is a one hit kill from behind and 2 hit kill from the front? I also prefer using the gun to a knife because I enjoyed all of the different animations for each one. My favorite was the sten poke and binoc bash from Cod UO.

Melee should be a last resort, a sneak, a humiliation, a bit of fun.

Melee hit should maybe only a 1 hit kill from behind?

Fist/Knives/Spades - 2 or 3 hits from the front, dependent on hit location, arms, torso, etc? Gives a bit of intensity to a close quarter battle, a sense of hand to hand combat (if no-one brings a gun).

Maybe if it's a headshot from the front a OHK?

Bayonette high damage per hit from front?

I'd agree with the one hit from behind, two hits from the front melee kill guys. Seems like this would prevent the melee from being overpowered and more of a sneaky humiliation.

I'd agree with the one hit from behind, two hits from the front melee kill guys. Seems like this would prevent the melee from being overpowered and more of a sneaky humiliation.

I like the sound of that, but it's something we don't use in Wolf ET, so I have no idea of what would be for the best.

Melee should be a last resort, a sneak, a humiliation, a bit of fun.

Melee hit should maybe only a 1 hit kill from behind?

Fist/Knives/Spades - 2 or 3 hits from the front, dependent on hit location, arms, torso, etc? Gives a bit of intensity to a close quarter battle, a sense of hand to hand combat (if no-one brings a gun).

Maybe if it's a headshot from the front a OHK?

Bayonette high damage per hit from front?

Or a way to save bullets.

As sniper I love use my knife. I need my pistol ammo for real problems :shock:

As I see all is possible.

Knife

Bayonette

Hand (please note kung-fu but more like boxing or fight)

Rocks

:mrgreen:

All can have (dis)advantage.

A bayonette give more coverage but is slower then a knife.

A knife would be better in a really close situation but you need more time to extract then hands but sure better then them.

If you have lost all your package a rock can help you.

I think that, even if complicate, it would be revolutionary have an attack/defence melee system with bonus/malus: if I'm behind the enemy I've a total advantage, if we are one in front we have to attack and defend ourself... (perhaps we can move the mouse in a direction... if we press the right button we active a defensive mouvement to protect the zone indicated by the pointer, if we press the left button we can make the attack)... not easy :mrgreen:

CH_SwissWolf":2jw08gch]

How can bayonet be slower than knife? You first need to take the knife from "somewhere", which takes some time, but with bayonet u just rapidly move the weapon toward enemy and that is pretty instant.

CH_SwissWolf":klmtpoip]

How can bayonet be slower than knife? You first need to take the knife from "somewhere", which takes some time, but with bayonet u just rapidly move the weapon toward enemy and that is pretty instant.

Knife/spade - Perhaps, the need to equip/change weapon to knife/spade which takes the time. But once equipped actual slashing/atacks per minute are higher? and has a wider arc of fire, medium/ish damage?

Bayonet - Could be an instant/ish attack. But due to the animation of trusting and redrawing to re-thrust lowers the rate of fire? But has a greater accuracy, basically where you're aiming. High damage, OHK if head hit.

Fist (Was awesome in DoD:s, assault class had it. Was right click as the Thompy/MP40 didn't have ADS. It was perfect) - Maybe Instant/ish attack, fairly accurate, high rate of fire, low damage?

Gun Butt - Instant/ish attack. Medium/ish rate of fire (due to gun return to hip fire position animation), medium damage. High damage/OHK to head?

CH_SwissWolf":1v6o3dku]

OK, you're right, the speech was to much general, and the bayonette is "faster" to use if already equipped, but for the first attack only. If you miss the target (or if he avoid your attack) you will probably be in a worste situation then your opponent... in the same time you can make more attacks with the knife (this was the reason about my opinion "knife faster than bayonette)

So, you will probably have a bonus on the first attack but than you would have malus.

But, as I've said, I think that a system as the one that I've in mind would be hard to implement.

Two hit kill with the gun butt. What's a better way to die up when batting down a player looking straight at you. Or sneaking up and whacking the player twice before they turn around to see you smacking some wood in the back of the head? :?

In many ways Battlefield 4 (BF4) has, after it's many patches, got a reasonable working for melee with knife kills.

The humiliation factor when you can sneak behind someone unawares and slit the throat is great. The ideal death of the prone sniper. Inevitable cries of anguish over Teamspeak are always amusing.

A frontal approach is far more risky. Your opponent often sees you in time. BF4 has a counterknife option. Same key as the standard knife melee. Becomes a battle of timing as to who gets the kill. But realistically the counter option should just be a bash or melee with whatever the player has in their hand (rifle, pistol) as they wouldn't get time to swap their knife in the initial struggle.

If it were possible to programme the swipe or bash with whatever rifle, pistol, is in the players hand, then great. But when a player can have the time to creep up, the ability to plan that surprise attack and draw a knife would be good.

I may be the minority here, but I would love some simple animations of knifing deaths like in Battlefield 4. Sometimes those animations are on the lengthy side and wouldn't be the best suited to the style of game the developers are going for, but I think those animations would go a long way to making the melee attacking unique.

As long as they're short, I think they could be really well adapted to a WW2 FPS :)

I may be the minority here, but I would love some simple animations of knifing deaths like in Battlefield 4. Sometimes those animations are on the lengthy side and wouldn't be the best suited to the style of game the developers are going for, but I think those animations would go a long way to making the melee attacking unique.

As long as they're short, I think they could be really well adapted to a WW2 FPS :)

In the Kickstarter video it showed them mocapping what looked like a stealth kill animation from behind. Being that no single player has been announced, I think it's safe to say that we might get melee animations.

In the Kickstarter video it showed them mocapping what looked like a stealth kill animation from behind. Being that no single player has been announced, I think it's safe to say that we might get melee animations.

Ah I see. Yeah I think some of those melee animations will go a long way to making the multiplayer really awesome.