Sensei Headshot

Competitive Players

AJV    1

Backed in Kickstarter when I first heard about this!

Played CS beta 7 to 1.1 in competition on CAL in the main division. (BotD)

CoD1 competition up until the 2nd major patch when they ruined jumping, quick sniping, and quick aiming.  Played with wSati for CoD1 we were pretty good up until they ruined our ability to bunny hop and kill people, were placed into CoD1 CAL-M but quit early cause of the patches.  Oh wSati stood for "We Suck at the Internet" still funny to this day lol.  

Played BF competition from 42 to BF2...... won TWL-I and made CAL-I finals with Team Enigma in BF2.  Played with various other upper level invite teams in 42 and BFV.

comagnum    8

Hey all!

I've played competitively since mohaa with (dbg) then moved to cod1 and started my own squad. Continued through each iteration (cod1/2/4) and my teams went by many different names (evision, confederacy, TheFinalstand, Hellfire Empire, iTactiX, Lossless, SadPandas) and competed in cal, cevo, and ggl. Main/invite/pro levels throughout. Additionally I played with Enervate and Focus north, and Ready^for a time. I also dabbled in CS:S a bit, reaching main in cal season 4 with members of Confederacy cs playing for fun. Played BF 2/3 a little on twl ladders, competed in cs:go for a few seasons of cevo and ESEA. Competed in a few lan tournaments over the years, winning Atlanta LANfest COD4 in January 2010.

I was also a league admin for CAL cod 1, 2 and 4 and CS for a number of years, as well as a league admin with cevo. Was the head admin and lead organizer for the very first CoD 4 Xfire/Alienware launch tournament. I was also the lead contributor for the first competition mod for cod4, DAMN mod (short for Dan and Magnum's mod). 

Organized and hosted a cod revival tournament series called "Gathering of the Nerds" a few years ago. 

I've made a lot of lifelong friends over the past 15 years, and I've made some of my best memories. I'm thoroughly excited and hopeful Battalion can rekindle some of those feelings and form great community.

I'm anxious to provide feedback and contribute any way I can. 

• Upvote 1

slushey    3
On 3/31/2017 at 6:58 PM, comagnum said:

I was also a league admin for CAL cod 1, 2 and 4 and CS for a number of years, as well as a league admin with cevo. Was the head admin and lead organizer for the very first CoD 4 Xfire/Alienware launch tournament. I was also the lead contributor for the first competition mod for cod4, DAMN mod (short for Dan and Magnum's mod). 

Sup dawg. I checked with SpeeDz and it seems we'll be re-starting 5togo :)

• Upvote 1

dasATOMiC    8

cod2 cal-m, cod4 cevo-P (Game died before i could actually play though =( scrimed a lot of teams though.. Awakening, MoB, vVv, Maingear, Bloodline) no competitive FPS experience after that as they all blew.. been to some overwatch LANs for pickups game and won a couple 3rd and 4th quite a bit.. but thats not really anything to put on a "resume" been playing FPS' for over a decade now. Very glad to see they are gearing this game towards competitiveness and i noticed in a video they talked about adding depth to the game so shout casters have more to talk about which SHOULDDDDD make it more likely to become an eSport. Trying to play competitivley at 14 did not go so well for me being a "squeker" LOL. Now that im older this should be legit.

• Upvote 2

BerNa    13

played cod2, cod4 j4f and played in one of the best teams in cod waw (sixU / logiX).
also played cod bo and bo2 ems with leisure and give it all.

also all my old teammates will be back for battalion!
looking forward to mess with u guys on the server (we are ready for the alpha) :)

hope this game will bring back this awesome feeling of playing competitive.

regards from switzerland!

:ph34r:

Razor    379
1 hour ago, BerNa said:

played cod2, cod4 j4f and played in one of the best teams in cod waw (sixU / logiX).
also played cod bo and bo2 ems with leisure and give it all.

also all my old teammates will be back for battalion!
looking forward to mess with u guys on the server (we are ready for the alpha) :)

hope this game will bring back this awesome feeling of playing competitive.

regards from switzerland!

:ph34r:

Oh I'm so looking forward to mess with your score:P

Welcome aboard :)

On 12/13/2016 at 0:29 PM, vozER said:

Played CoD1 for 5~ years competitively, CoD4 for 3 years and still playing CoD2 matches actively (11 years now and counting B|)

CoD1 was everything I wanted from FPS-games. I played it really actively in top #10 clans in Clanbase.com

Started CoD2 from the release and never stopped playing it since. Attended many competitive LANs and played in top #10 as well in Clanbase.com. Now backing up rank#1 team in cybergamer.com

Played CoD4 for about three years, had a break when I went to army (1 year, under sergeant), came back to the scene for a year. Attended a couple competitive LANs. Played in top #10 clans in Clanbase.com again.

Tried BlackOPs but didn't like it. Saw that everything CoD used to have, is no longer there. Went back to CoD2. Never even tried the newer CoDs because I don't want to support that crap.

My personal favorite is CoD1 because of the recoil, but I really love CoD2 too. CoD2 is a little faster paced than CoD1.

I've played CoD2 since few months after it's release. Right until now I am still holding CoD2 as my best competitive experience. Right after CoD4 release I went to play on both games. A huge mistake (at least for me) because I couldn't get any better while playing both of them. Always used to switch from one to another if there's any action going on (tournaments or some sort of events). But still being a huge fan of WWII I tried returning back into CoD2. Sadly everything has changed and I can't really find any friends, ex-squadmates or anyone else online (mostly because they were on Xfire and I didn't use it for those last years before it was changed or was shut down). We mostly used to play on ClanBase. For now CoD2 is now mostly for pubbing on deep evenings and nights after evening shifts for me :). I was thinking of moving to one of CSs but for some reason I didn't. I guess I was still hoping that some kind of WWII game will appear.

After CoD4 I didn't moved to CoD5 even though I always wanted to have a CoD2 game with CoD4 graphics and mechanics... It a shame it didn't met my expectations. At least good old zombie mode is still available so with bunch of my school mates we still get to play it :). Pretty fun.

A small question for you vozER. Are there still CoD2 matches going on? Where should I start looking so I could join back into the action? The moment ClanBase fell down I was actually lost... Since I never been on leading side of the team or clan, I never really looked where to go from dying ClanBase. I guess that also influenced me to do other things instead of joining some other competitive arenas. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Oh yeah I double read what you've wrote :D I guess I'll start there at cybergamer.

Edited by Andrey2dashes

vozER    108
12 hours ago, Andrey2dashes said:

I've played CoD2 since few months after it's release. Right until now I am still holding CoD2 as my best competitive experience. Right after CoD4 release I went to play on both games. A huge mistake (at least for me) because I couldn't get any better while playing both of them. Always used to switch from one to another if there's any action going on (tournaments or some sort of events). But still being a huge fan of WWII I tried returning back into CoD2. Sadly everything has changed and I can't really find any friends, ex-squadmates or anyone else online (mostly because they were on Xfire and I didn't use it for those last years before it was changed or was shut down). We mostly used to play on ClanBase. For now CoD2 is now mostly for pubbing on deep evenings and nights after evening shifts for me :). I was thinking of moving to one of CSs but for some reason I didn't. I guess I was still hoping that some kind of WWII game will appear.

After CoD4 I didn't moved to CoD5 even though I always wanted to have a CoD2 game with CoD4 graphics and mechanics... It a shame it didn't met my expectations. At least good old zombie mode is still available so with bunch of my school mates we still get to play it :). Pretty fun.

A small question for you vozER. Are there still CoD2 matches going on? Where should I start looking so I could join back into the action? The moment ClanBase fell down I was actually lost... Since I never been on leading side of the team or clan, I never really looked where to go from dying ClanBase. I guess that also influenced me to do other things instead of joining some other competitive arenas. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Oh yeah I double read what you've wrote :D I guess I'll start there at cybergamer.

Nice post about your history @Andrey2dashes ! It's an interesting read :) And yeah, sticking to one game is always good, at least in First Person Shooters. I tried to play CS:GO as well. I mean, I do quite well in the game but it just isn't the thing I want. That's why I went back to play CoD2 again. RIP Xfire, used to have so many friends in there, too.

There are still CoD2-gamers who play CoD:WAW(cod5). They arrange matches in Discord. It's a shame the game didn't get wind under it's wings, though. I think it had potential.

CoD2matches are still active and available, mostly in Cybergamer. Cybergamer is kind of the "new Clanbase". Smaller scene of course, and the website isn't the best - but it ... "works" ... 

You could actually explain your history there in the forum Link here and tell that you are looking for a team. I'm sure there are people who are looking for an active gamer. Also, if you like to play mix-matches, there's always people who like to play with mix-teams. Also, if you don't want to join a team, you can always go PUG (similar to CS:GO match making). You will get grouped with random people against random people (be sure to install Teamspeak2 to talk with your teammates). In PUG's, you only play one map with 12 rounds. In normal matches, you play 2 maps, 20 rounds per map. 
Personally, I'd suggest you to try the PUG-system first, then move on to normal matches.

If you get some teammates, you can search matches in IRC-channel #cod2.wars LINK here (type in your nick, channel: #cod2.wars) 
(for example: 5v5 || server:OFF || PCW) 

Also, you may find the "Getting Started" section useful in the front page. I think it covers pretty much everything you're asking for.
ed049e7cbc.png

You also need to install Cybergamer Anti-cheat and you need a legit CoD2-key as well (15€ in Steam if I remember right).

Here's the Frequently Asked Questions FAQ you might wanna read.

Since I never been on leading side of the team or clan, I never really looked where to go from dying ClanBase. I guess that also influenced me to do other things instead of joining some other competitive arenas. Thanks in advance.

That's what happened for many - including me. I was surprised there was still a CoD2-scene when I made a comeback. I began to play different games like LoL, CS:GO, Red Orchestra 2 etc. But I was really happy noticing the whole CoD2-scene was really welcoming having a player coming back in the scene.

Hope this post helps you on the road back to CoD2! :) 

If there's any questions related to getting back to play CoD2, hit me or @fURBYx up!

-vozER

Edited by vozER
  • Upvote 1

BerNa    13
11 hours ago, vozER said:

There are still CoD2-gamers who play CoD:WAW(cod5). They arrange matches in Discord. It's a shame the game didn't get wind under it's wings, though. I think it had potential.

-vozER

hey vozER

interesting post!
we are also still playing cod5 waw with commod but just in our team (2v2 or 3v3).

do you know which guys are still playining cod waw?
do you have some contacts for me?

I believe cod waw is a good game to play and train a bit for battalion so if u guys are interested in some funny matches just add me in steam (soloberna) or contact me here!

thanks to all for the warm welcome in this forum!

regards

• Upvote 2

@BerNa I don't seem to find you on steam. I would like to join the action for free time. I might be able to talk some buddies into jumping into CoD WaW multiplayer instead of zombies :).

@vozER Wow. Thank you for long instructions :D. Seriously I can't thank you enough. I am putting up my settings and everything else in order to jump back into action. I got to do some pubbing first to get into some sort of shape.

Do you guys hold mixed matches too? I mean you and your team? Like going SD for fun or have a training with guests (something we used to do back in the day with our team going against guests, learning tactics, nade throws and all that stuff)? Or having guests on your side in order just to pass time :).

This time I won't take any breaks from CoD2. With Battalion 1944 up in the sights already these are just great times. Let's see where this game will lead us. :)

• Upvote 2

rav1n3    10
1 hour ago, Andrey2dashes said:

@BerNa I don't seem to find you on steam. I would like to join the action for free time. I might be able to talk some buddies into jumping into CoD WaW multiplayer instead of zombies :).

Hi Andrey

Im Bernas mate. u can add me in steam - nick rav1n3 or poldi373  

dont know which one works.

would be pretty cool to play some cod 5 matches before battalion release

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, rav1n3 said:

Hi Andrey

Im Bernas mate. u can add me in steam - nick rav1n3 or poldi373  

dont know which one works.

would be pretty cool to play some cod 5 matches before battalion release

First name seems to work. :) Yep I am into it to play Cod waw. I am usually available during late evenings :)

vozER    108
12 hours ago, BerNa said:

hey vozER

interesting post!
we are also still playing cod5 waw with commod but just in our team (2v2 or 3v3).

do you know which guys are still playining cod waw?
do you have some contacts for me?

I believe cod waw is a good game to play and train a bit for battalion so if u guys are interested in some funny matches just add me in steam (soloberna) or contact me here!

thanks to all for the warm welcome in this forum!

regards

Hello @BerNa and thank you!

Here's a screenshot of CoD2-players that played CoD:WAW 1 month ago 71358ceafd44480e8caeded1aaf1bc6c.png

You should contact Hatton via private message through CyberGamer
http://eu.cybergamer.com/profile/213794/Hatton/

@vozER Wow. Thank you for long instructions :D. Seriously I can't thank you enough. I am putting up my settings and everything else in order to jump back into action. I got to do some pubbing first to get into some sort of shape.

Do you guys hold mixed matches too? I mean you and your team? Like going SD for fun or have a training with guests (something we used to do back in the day with our team going against guests, learning tactics, nade throws and all that stuff)? Or having guests on your side in order just to pass time :).

This time I won't take any breaks from CoD2. With Battalion 1944 up in the sights already these are just great times. Let's see where this game will lead us. :)

Hi @Andrey2dashes and thanks to you too!
If you're getting kicked a lot via punkbuster when in a match, copy this punkbuster folder to your CoD2-folder [ Punkbuster Folder ]
Default path is: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2)

I've been having a break after the Forgotten Soldier's LAN (Münich, Germany) and kind of waiting for B44 to come out. I've been playin a lot of PUBG as well. I've only played really random matches after March, so not that much, unfortunately. I suggest you making a topic on CoD2-section in CyberGamer as well and tell that you're looking for a mix team :) I used to play PCW's (Practice Clan Wars) in the early 2005 or something but after that I've only played 'Official' matches in Clanbase and after that in Cybergamer, because you learn a lot more that way (no frag hunting etc.).

And of course, if you're playing seriously with your team, you should learn tact nades, different strategies and such :) Having own server for that helps a lot, of course!

Just be polite and ask for help in CyberGamer, they should be really welcoming for new players :)

-vozER

Edited by vozER

BerNa    13
11 hours ago, vozER said:

Hello @BerNa and thank you!

Here's a screenshot of CoD2-players that played CoD:WAW 1 month ago 71358ceafd44480e8caeded1aaf1bc6c.png

You should contact Hatton via private message through CyberGamer
http://eu.cybergamer.com/profile/213794/Hatton/

Hi @Andrey2dashes and thanks to you too!
If you're getting kicked a lot via punkbuster when in a match, copy this punkbuster folder to your CoD2-folder [ Punkbuster Folder ]
Default path is: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2)

I've been having a break after the Forgotten Soldier's LAN (Münich, Germany) and kind of waiting for B44 to come out. I've been playin a lot of PUBG as well. I've only played really random matches after March, so not that much, unfortunately. I suggest you making a topic on CoD2-section in CyberGamer as well and tell that you're looking for a mix team :) I used to play PCW's (Practice Clan Wars) in the early 2005 or something but after that I've only played 'Official' matches in Clanbase and after that in Cybergamer, because you learn a lot more that way (no frag hunting etc.).

And of course, if you're playing seriously with your team, you should learn tact nades, different strategies and such :) Having own server for that helps a lot, of course!

Just be polite and ask for help in CyberGamer, they should be really welcoming for new players :)

-vozER

hi vozER

Thank you for your answer!

I just installed discord but I don't get it.
How can I join this CoD WaW group or channel?

thank you very much!
soloberna

vozER    108
14 hours ago, BerNa said:

hi vozER

Thank you for your answer!

I just installed discord but I don't get it.
How can I join this CoD WaW group or channel?

thank you very much!
soloberna

Ahh, I think you need to get a separate for the channel. I'm not in that channel so I can't do it, sadly. Probably gotta ask hatton or someone.

No problem!

v3-    0
On 1/2/2017 at 10:22 PM, LandryQT said:

Competed NA in MoHAA, CoD1, CoDUO, CoD2 and CoD4. Won many championships in CTF and sabotage (cod4) for DT (Divine Talent). We compiled over 600 wins between all competitions. Not sure if any of you remember us, if so awesome! Also in SnD I played for Area 51, MoBDeep, Dynamic and a couple others. Hope this game turns out cause I certainly miss the old days. Csgo, overwatch and battlefield really isn't doing it for me.

Eyyyyyyyy, come play with Methodz, Twistedz, and I

RUDLAR    13

Played Cod2 on a higher clanbase level back in the days, did some early LANS in cod4. Really looking forward to get in the competitive scene in this game, also interested in backing a (Belgian) community in any way ^^. Can't wait :D

Edited by RUDLAR

LYNXXX    3

Played cod1 competitively towards the end, cod2 cal-main with deCoy, divine talent, g6. played cod4 early main with rebels, radiance, and later zen mechanics. Tried to get into CSGO but got bored

BerNa    13

I'm wondering if there are some guys from cod5, bo1 or bo2 who played in top teams (for example esl ems in bo1 and bo2)? because until now I did not know any nickname here in the forum (excepting some cod4 players). 

best regards

SoloBerna

wedo    1

i plan too! played cal i cevo p in dod 1.3, dod:s and cod4.. won a lot of online tournaments, a few lans  and hope this  game does well i was with check-six.l, complexity and  team turmoil.

Edited by wedo