Sensei Headshot

Competitive Players

73 posts in this topic

Just want to know how many of you plan on playing and supporting the game competitively. If you do, I would also like to hear what other games you have played competitively, if any. In my opinion, for any game to succeed as an eSport, it needs to have two things: dev support and fans. Fans meaning players, spectators, or people who just enjoy the game. I like that Bulkhead is basing their ranking system somewhat off of CS because it is a good way for more casual players to become interested in higher levels of competition.

Esports/competition is at the front of Battalion these days. S&D being the main gamemode. 

In terms of what competitive games we've played? I played a lot of COD4 competitively and a bit of COD2, I've been to many lans and competed in teams, I've come top 16 quite a few times. I've also competed in CS 1.6, CSS, and CSGO. Most recently last weekend we sent a Bulkhead Overwatch team to insomnia to compete in their Overwatch tournament. We won £200 :D

Joe

I've played a lot of COD4 and been to quite a few lans with some top 2 and top 3 finishes along the way as well as being in the "invite" league, currently playing CS:GO and a little overwatch until battalion comes out :D 

Edited by pukiz

Played CoD1 for 5~ years competitively, CoD4 for 3 years and still playing CoD2 matches actively (11 years now and counting B|)

CoD1 was everything I wanted from FPS-games. I played it really actively in top #10 clans in Clanbase.com

Started CoD2 from the release and never stopped playing it since. Attended many competitive LANs and played in top #10 as well in Clanbase.com. Now backing up rank#1 team in cybergamer.com

Played CoD4 for about three years, had a break when I went to army (1 year, under sergeant), came back to the scene for a year. Attended a couple competitive LANs. Played in top #10 clans in Clanbase.com again.

Tried BlackOPs but didn't like it. Saw that everything CoD used to have, is no longer there. Went back to CoD2. Never even tried the newer CoDs because I don't want to support that crap.

My personal favorite is CoD1 because of the recoil, but I really love CoD2 too. CoD2 is a little faster paced than CoD1.

When I started COD4 in 2009 Invite was in full swing and then moved to CG which is where I got into it when I started going to lans (2011?). It started getting over saturated big time like 2-3 years down the line. Think I may have had a team in pre-invite when it was still on irc but can't remember 100% :D

Edited by pukiz

Not surprised everyone has more experience than me. I've played a few online free-for-all tournaments in Halo 5, and an online launch tournament for Gears of War Ultimate Edition. If you consider climbing ladders in Black Ops 2 league play competitive, then I've played that too.

Started off playing and scrimming in MOHAA. Once COD4 came out I started playing this competitively. Played through PAM4, DAM Mod, and Promod. Competed in CEVO and CAL for COD4 until it died (~2011?). Been to a couple of LANs in NA which is rare as NA was dying out much sooner than EU. Went to CSGO but quit to go back to college and get my degree in Computer Science. Now I'm back, trying to compete in Overwatch but finding it hard to get into the game. Patiently waiting for a pure FPS competitive game.

yep... i played cod 1-5  since it first came out..and i scrim on COD WAW  ...love it... cant wait for it in bat44

Played a lot of competitive MoH:AA back in the day. One of the clans I was in was at the top of/top 5 in a fair few of the EU/UK ladders but tbh it became a bit too serious for me after a while. It wasn't fun any more. On top of that I then found out that a bunch of my clan mates who I trusted, were hacking. This was a major problem in MoH:AA at the time and definitely caused me to ask myself how worth it it was just to sit at the top of a ladder. Not all of the top teams had hackers in, but a lot of them did. Part of the problem was a 3rd party anti-cheat. Those who played MoH:AA will be familiar with DMW and all of it's flaws Didn't take me long to quit being so competitive after that. These days the standards on anti-cheat have come on leaps and bounds.

Went into CoD2 and played with a few teams with good lads but by that point I was happy to just be having fun with clan mates whilst being half decent and not having to worry about loads of training sessions and practice and all the stuff that comes with it.

Played a bit of official stuff but mainly load of PCWs in CoD4, just having a laugh.

Looking to get back into competitive with Battalion and hopefully reviving my first true MoH:AA clan, where I made friends with people who I still game with 15 years later. It definitely won't be anywhere near the top level any more, those days are long gone haha

I was on the A-Team in a competitive clan back in CODMW1, it was fun. I stopped playing shooters competitively after that though and focused on EVE haha

On 13/12/2016 at 2:53 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Esports/competition is at the front of Battalion these days. S&D being the main gamemode. 

In terms of what competitive games we've played? I played a lot of COD4 competitively and a bit of COD2, I've been to many lans and competed in teams, I've come top 16 quite a few times. I've also competed in CS 1.6, CSS, and CSGO. Most recently last weekend we sent a Bulkhead Overwatch team to insomnia to compete in their Overwatch tournament. We won £200 :D

Joe

thanks for post this. cant wait

HAPPY NEW YEAR, nice to see so many comp. players around.

I started the competetive scene back in the day with Medal of Honor Allied Assault, remember talking with the clan in Teamspeak 2 , and searching for scrims via IRC..epic times..

The whole thing went ballistic after Clanbase (ESL like website) ,supported MOHAA. OpenCups, EuroCups, Seasonal Cups & NationCups followed...just epic times.

I REALLY HOPE BAT44 CAN GIVE ME THIS FEELING AGAIN, 11 years later.

Be safe!

/vinuz

3 minutes ago, vinuz said:

The whole thing went ballistic after Clanbase.......

I remember Clanbase well, Vinuz, I've been owned there several times O.o:lol: . Welcome to the forums and have a very Happy New Year when it comes ;) .

I hope someone makes a new Clanbase :P

10 hours ago, vozER said:

I hope someone makes a new Clanbase :P

Yes me too! I remember when i was like 15 and in school checking whether my team were rank 20 or went down to 25 or so.. So exciting and so fun to compete for being nr 1.

Eventually ClanBase were a bit too easy until it died.

Cybergamer were fine, just never the same for me. Maybe because i was getting older and I were in the CG invite league.

In terms on gaming experience:

I've played CoD2 on a pretty high level until the start of CoD4. Then moved to CoD4 promod and became a "well known name" and ended up being in the invite leagues and such. Also attended some LANs.

I'd say Cybergamer Australia & Europe will pick it up. With continued updates with maps etc. from loot crate income, this game could last a long time and then potentially a sequel or a modern option may be on the table years down the track. Mod tools will take care of the tweaking for competitive and will also allow for more community maps which offers usually a few competitively viable maps too.

Competed NA in MoHAA, CoD1, CoDUO, CoD2 and CoD4. Won many championships in CTF and sabotage (cod4) for DT (Divine Talent). We compiled over 600 wins between all competitions. Not sure if any of you remember us, if so awesome! Also in SnD I played for Area 51, MoBDeep, Dynamic and a couple others. Hope this game turns out cause I certainly miss the old days. Csgo, overwatch and battlefield really isn't doing it for me.

Played CoD2 as a kid (maybe messed my head up) and then moved on to CoD4 promod after watching my older brother play in the same team as known players like miRACLE and qLimAxzU during ''The Outcasts'' days (he told me recently that qlimaxzu was the most frag horny player he ever played with lol).

I also saw my first fragmovie called RAANARA 0 by acid that really got me interested in 2009. (Will put a Youtube link for it at the bottom)

I played CoD2 for fun in scrims and CoD4 more seriously in online tournaments and CG. Still playing btw, We're in a Cup today with 30 teams signed up atm ^_^ it's not ''dead'' yet, if you want to play you can.

Also dabbled in Halo: Reach on Xbox for a while and won a tournament with my friend.

Let me know if you meet me in an irc cod4 scrim! ''Asure Oco.Q8'' will probably be my name.

RAANARA 0 by acid (FRAGMOVIE LINK AS MENTIONED ABOVE)

Edited by Oco
link

On 14-12-2016 at 3:14 PM, Freakshow said:

Played a lot of competitive MoH:AA back in the day. One of the clans I was in was at the top of/top 5 in a fair few of the EU/UK ladders but tbh it became a bit too serious for me after a while. It wasn't fun any more. On top of that I then found out that a bunch of my clan mates who I trusted, were hacking. This was a major problem in MoH:AA at the time and definitely caused me to ask myself how worth it it was just to sit at the top of a ladder. Not all of the top teams had hackers in, but a lot of them did. Part of the problem was a 3rd party anti-cheat. Those who played MoH:AA will be familiar with DMW and all of it's flaws Didn't take me long to quit being so competitive after that. These days the standards on anti-cheat have come on leaps and bounds.

Went into CoD2 and played with a few teams with good lads but by that point I was happy to just be having fun with clan mates whilst being half decent and not having to worry about loads of training sessions and practice and all the stuff that comes with it.

Played a bit of official stuff but mainly load of PCWs in CoD4, just having a laugh.

Looking to get back into competitive with Battalion and hopefully reviving my first true MoH:AA clan, where I made friends with people who I still game with 15 years later. It definitely won't be anywhere near the top level any more, those days are long gone haha

what was ur name en the clan u were in on the EU/UK ladders on clanbase?

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 2:18 PM, sh0tyz said:

Started off playing and scrimming in MOHAA. Once COD4 came out I started playing this competitively. Played through PAM4, DAM Mod, and Promod. Competed in CEVO and CAL for COD4 until it died (~2011?). Been to a couple of LANs in NA which is rare as NA was dying out much sooner than EU. Went to CSGO but quit to go back to college and get my degree in Computer Science. Now I'm back, trying to compete in Overwatch but finding it hard to get into the game. Patiently waiting for a pure FPS competitive game.

Hey, I remember you. Glad to see some old NA cod2 and cod4 players are interested in this game as well. I think I even saw dirty_german in the comments of a youtube video about game.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Nostalgia is kicking in!!! Can't wait to try this game and I hope to see a lot more of you guys in the game!!

20 hours ago, Icey said:

what was ur name en the clan u were in on the EU/UK ladders on clanbase?

PM'd with that. Not naming and shaming in the open as I'd like to think some of them have grown up since those 12 or so years ago :).

Edited by Freakshow

There is some interest in this game from competitive Battlefield players. Looking forward to seeing this game progressing. Seems to be heading in a good direction

22 hours ago, kuN said:

Hey, I remember you. Glad to see some old NA cod2 and cod4 players are interested in this game as well. I think I even saw dirty_german in the comments of a youtube video about game.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Nostalgia is kicking in!!! Can't wait to try this game and I hope to see a lot more of you guys in the game!!

I use to play with dirty_german. Mostly against tho