Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DukeNukem

Reloading and Techniques

10 posts in this topic

I am wondering if has been discussed of how the reloads were going to work. The animations were talked about and about how the interruptions could or should work in this topic 

which is interesting but doesn't answer the mag issue. By that i mean if you have a mag with 30 rounds and fire 25 of 30 rounds, when you reload will you lose the mag? Keep the mag with the 5 rounds left? will it be like COD where every mag will just reload to the amount of total ammo left? Or when you fire the M1 Garand's 7 of 8 shots and reload, will you be able to keep that last round or will you lose it?

What about reloading techniques? There is more than one way to reload a weapon, some are slightly faster than others depending on the weapon. You got multiple ways of reloading an M1 Garand along with other semi autos. Personally i find it fun to bump the stock and see the bolt fly forward lol i do that for fun once and a while with my M1 Carbine at the range. There is also the way to reload the M1 Garand by loading and releasing the bolt in more or less one swift motion instead of the typical 1. bang bang empty 2. bolt locks back 3. load 4. pick rifle up 5. grab bolt handle 6. pull back 7. release 8. aim. The other routine is 1. bang bang empty 2. wrist on the bolt handle pushing back 3. load 4. release 5. ready to fire when aimed. The typical way just takes abit too long when an "experienced" user of the M1 Garand would do the second way. Correct me if i am wrong about the way i explained the 2nd one for those who know what i am talking about but I also know there are a couple other ways aswell as using loose ammo, empty clip, and loading one by one in the rifle. Its slow but allows you to carry more ammo?

I only know of the Garand on quick reloads because that is what i was exposed to in real life at the range and have done it. For bolt actions ive always found that it is faster to reload with all the loose rounds in your loading hand rather than picking them up one by one. Maybe personalized stripper clips? If someone always reloads on the last round they would stripper clips of 4 rounds instead of 5?

Does anyone know any techniques they may use at the range with their rifles or know of any from vets?

*EDIT* this may belong in the Design Ideas, but i asked it here considering it is a question instead of giving a design idea lol if it does please do move it there :)

Edited by DukeNukem

I know my ideas are sorta one sided to the realistic standpoint but this can also be used for extra content for the devs. Different loading animations and unlocks which would allow the player to advance and get "better" reloads.

Fairly shocked this has no replies, even negative ones haha

maybe for snipers the could be a feature where you have to press square to put each bullet in.this could add more skill to the game and make it more realistic.this could make reloading faster.

Not that is something i wouldn't like in a realistic game, in arcade type like Battalion it wouldn't really work. Would be fun to see a thing like "simulating" a reload with a combination of buttons, though that would cause clunky situations and maybe even make or break a gunfight. Is there a game or simulator that has something like that already?

I can see why what i suggested wouldn't be popular what so ever considering it would alter gameplay, but its an aspect of weaponry not many games implement.

From competitive point of view i would say just add all the remaining/unused bullets from a mag to the total amount.

For clips on the other hand it should be fully emptied before being able to add a new one (e.g. with M1 garand / Lee Enfield) Pretty much as it was done in COD2.

Moved this thread to Design Ideas ;) 

5 hours ago, yiNMastah said:

From competitive point of view i would say just add all the remaining/unused bullets from a mag to the total amount.

For clips on the other hand it should be fully emptied before being able to add a new one (e.g. with M1 garand / Lee Enfield) Pretty much as it was done in COD2.

Moved this thread to Design Ideas ;) 

FINALLY an answer!! lmao

I agree that is something to think about but it would also be unfair to any M1 Garand users as they are the only ones with "clips". They should either have the option to save the round or it gets lost like in Day of Infamy. Every other weapon is either a stripper clip bolt or magazine fed weapon. I was never a fan of the bottomless magazine in COD4, it just felt as if i didn't care about how much i reloaded i would always have "max ammo" in a mag. Though when i knew that i had to either use the mag completely or tactically reload when i think "hmm if i turn this corner there is a chance ill h ave to engage multiple targets...better reload". There is none of that if there is a bottomless mag.

Wouldn't there be a tactical "panic" when you reload and all of a sudden you had only 3 shots in that mag? I mean i understand but in a competition (and real life setting) keeping track of your ammo is a major part of the fight!

Though what about reload styles like the one i mentioned for the M1 Garand?

Thank you for moving the topic!! haha

Well i could live with "throwing away" a clip when using the M1 garand but on the other hand having to use it completely before being able to reload worked perfectly fine in COD2 so why wouldn't it work just as fine in Battalion1944? 

Also, what is wrong with the "bottomless" magazine (which in fact is not bottomless, you just wont lose bullets when not using the whole mag),  from competitive point of view? Doesn't that just increase game pace and taking away the need to constantly check up what mag you have inserted since it might hold x bullets left from last time used?

Edited by yiNMastah

2 minutes ago, yiNMastah said:

Well i could live with "throwing away" a clip when using the M1 garand but on the other hand having to use it completely before being able to reload worked perfectly fine in COD2 so why wouldn't it work just as fine in Battalion1944? 

Also, what is wrong with the "bottomless" magazine (which in fact is not bottomless, you just wont lose bullets when not using the whole mag),  from competitive point of view? Doesn't that just increase game pace and taking away the need to constantly check up what mag you have inserted since it might hold x bullets left from last time used?

Id just like some realism in an arcade game. It worked well in COD2 for what it was, i honestly haven't play it in a VERY long time so i can't comment too much on it. For the bottomless mag, i just don't want a fully arcade styled game. Id like SOME realism in it and it requires more skill to keep track of how many mags you have aswell as how many shots you have in each mag, or at least an approximate number of how many shots you have. I understand this game needs to appeal to all ages to assure it of being kept alive, but im tired of most young gamers defining what the future game styles will be.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, DukeNukem said:

I am wondering if has been discussed of how the reloads were going to work. The animations were talked about and about how the interruptions could or should work in this topic 

which is interesting but doesn't answer the mag issue. By that i mean if you have a mag with 30 rounds and fire 25 of 30 rounds, when you reload will you lose the mag? Keep the mag with the 5 rounds left? will it be like COD where every mag will just reload to the amount of total ammo left? Or when you fire the M1 Garand's 7 of 8 shots and reload, will you be able to keep that last round or will you lose it?

What about reloading techniques? There is more than one way to reload a weapon, some are slightly faster than others depending on the weapon. You got multiple ways of reloading an M1 Garand along with other semi autos. Personally i find it fun to bump the stock and see the bolt fly forward lol i do that for fun once and a while with my M1 Carbine at the range. There is also the way to reload the M1 Garand by loading and releasing the bolt in more or less one swift motion instead of the typical 1. bang bang empty 2. bolt locks back 3. load 4. pick rifle up 5. grab bolt handle 6. pull back 7. release 8. aim. The other routine is 1. bang bang empty 2. wrist on the bolt handle pushing back 3. load 4. release 5. ready to fire when aimed. The typical way just takes abit too long when an "experienced" user of the M1 Garand would do the second way. Correct me if i am wrong about the way i explained the 2nd one for those who know what i am talking about but I also know there are a couple other ways aswell as using loose ammo, empty clip, and loading one by one in the rifle. Its slow but allows you to carry more ammo?

I only know of the Garand on quick reloads because that is what i was exposed to in real life at the range and have done it. For bolt actions ive always found that it is faster to reload with all the loose rounds in your loading hand rather than picking them up one by one. Maybe personalized stripper clips? If someone always reloads on the last round they would stripper clips of 4 rounds instead of 5?

Does anyone know any techniques they may use at the range with their rifles or know of any from vets?

*EDIT* this may belong in the Design Ideas, but i asked it here considering it is a question instead of giving a design idea lol if it does please do move it there :)

and what if they make the m1 grand having you to fire the whole clip then reload where you cannot reload in between. then how are you gonna cope with that?

On 12/30/2016 at 2:04 PM, EthanFong said:

and what if they make the m1 grand having you to fire the whole clip then reload where you cannot reload in between. then how are you gonna cope with that?

In my opinion i don't think they should do that, but if they do ill live with it. Though this topic isn't about that :)