[DEV] KingHoward

Help us decide our competitive rank names

65 posts in this topic

1. Bronze I

2. Bronze II

3. Bronze III

4. Bronze IV

5. Bronze V

6. Silver I

7. Silver II

8. Silver III

9. Silver IV

10. Gold I

11. Gold II

12. Gold III

13. Platinum I

14. Platinum II

15. Diamond

Personaly I don't like military ranks which were mention above, since Batallion 1944 won't be casual game, so simple ranks like that suits this competitive game the most. Easy to remember.

 

Also there is 5 bronze ranks, 4 silver, 3 gold, 2 platinum and one diamond. Because its more prestigue if there is less ranks with same name on top level.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the basic level ranks I'd recommend the basic Military Ranks, already mentioned in this section. As Competitive Ranks you could use these:

-Rookie (sorry, I always wanted such a Rank)

-Learner

-Soldier

-Experienced Soldier

-Skilled

-Knight

-Elite

-Veteran

-Hero of WW 2

You get a new Rank every 10 Levels.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your in-put, FallenHero and Matox, welcome to the forums too ;) .

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I would love to see a mix of both military ranks combined with classic but unique competitive rank names. This allows for unique names with the creative possibilities to make the ranked icons look beautiful. Similar to this:

Copper Recruit        }
Copper Private         } Beginner Ranks
Copper Specialist    }

Silver Corporal        }
Silver Sergeant       } Experienced Ranks
Silver Officer           }

Gold Lieutenant      }
Gold Captain          } Advanced Ranks
Gold Major             }

Diamond Colonel      }  Expert Ranks
Diamond Elite           }

Ruby General            }  Elite Ranks
Ruby Commander     } 

Legend      } Mastered Rank
 

14competitiveranks.png

Edited by Spirks
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs, any update on this? Have you guys chosen a type or made one of your own? Whichever it is, will we find out what the ranks are before the Alpha?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a fps player and as a veteran it makes the most sense to me to use actual rank names. you could even do something like have similar ranks with different names from different countries to cut back on sub ranks like sergeant major 9001.

 

On 02/03/2017 at 5:43 PM, WolfEnstein said:

Thanks for your in-put, FallenHero and Matox, welcome to the forums too ;) .

oh sure... lets be nazis! this is riduculous.

 

On 02/03/2017 at 1:10 AM, matox said:

1. Bronze I

2. Bronze II

3. Bronze III

4. Bronze IV

5. Bronze V

6. Silver I

7. Silver II

8. Silver III

9. Silver IV

10. Gold I

11. Gold II

12. Gold III

13. Platinum I

14. Platinum II

15. Diamond

Personaly I don't like military ranks which were mention above, since Batallion 1944 won't be casual game, so simple ranks like that suits this competitive game the most. Easy to remember.

 

Also there is 5 bronze ranks, 4 silver, 3 gold, 2 platinum and one diamond. Because its more prestigue if there is less ranks with same name on top level.

i wonder if you play leaghue of legends. try to remember this is a military shooter.

 

On 13/03/2017 at 7:16 PM, Spirks said:

I would love to see a mix of both military ranks combined with classic but unique competitive rank names. This allows for unique names with the creative possibilities to make the ranked icons look beautiful. Similar to this:

Copper Recruit        }
Copper Private         } Beginner Ranks
Copper Specialist    }

Silver Corporal        }
Silver Sergeant       } Experienced Ranks
Silver Officer           }

Gold Lieutenant      }
Gold Captain          } Advanced Ranks
Gold Major             }

Diamond Colonel      }  Expert Ranks
Diamond Elite           }

Ruby General            }  Elite Ranks
Ruby Commander     } 

Legend      } Mastered Rank
 

14competitiveranks.png

im not completely on board with this but it may be my bias. what i do like about this idea is that it is a great compromise for casual and enthusiast players. i think some version of this could be the way to go.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ghost32delta said:

i wonder if you play leaghue of legends. try to remember this is a military shooter.

You are wrong. This game is not casual game like Insurgency, Arma, Squad and other crap, where people dream about roles and military ranks. This is competitive game and not casual military shooter.

Edited by matox
-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2016 at 10:54 PM, DukeNukem said:

1. Personal Level Traditional Army Ranking System. To be honest though, i'd like to see it ranked out of the German Ranks haha

1-5 = Private ( Schütze )

6-10 = Private First Class ( Oberschütze )

11-15 = Corporal ( Obergefreiter )

16-20 = Sergeant (  Unteroffizier )

21-25 = Staff Sergeant ( Unterfeldwebel )

26-30 = Sergeant 1st Class ( Feldwebel )

31-35 = Master Sergeant ( Oberfeldwebel )

36-40 =  Sergeant Major ( Stabsfeldwebel )

41-45 = 2nd Lieutenant ( Leutnant )

46-50 = 1st Lieutenant ( Oberleutnant )

51-55 = Captain ( Hauptmann )

56-60 = Major (  Major )

61-65 = Lieutenant Colonel ( Oberstleutnant )

66-70 = Colonel ( Oberst )

71-75= Brig. General ( Generalmajor )

76-80 = Major General ( Generalleutnant )

81-85 = Lieutenant General ( General der Infanterie )

86-90 = General ( Generaloberst )

91-95 =  General of the Army ( General-Feldmarschall )

96-100 = President/Leader/5 Star Gen ( Oberste Führer )

 

2. Competitive Rank (I like @Farq-S) ranks

1. Valiant

2. War Hero

3. Wolverine 

4. Veteran

5. Spartan

6. Commando

7. Marine

8. Grizzled

9. Battle Hardened 

10. One Man Army

11.  Warmonger

12. Battle scarred

13. Doughboy

14. Legionnaire

15. Spartiate 

 

 

3. Team Rank (undecided :/ but something near what CS:GO has)

no nazi ranks. why are people even entertaining this?

 

On 25/03/2017 at 10:28 PM, matox said:

You are wrong. This game is not casual game like Insurgency, Arma, Squad and other crap, where people dream about roles and military ranks. This is competitive game and not casual military shooter.

it is diffucult to not insult comments like this. the characters in the game are wearing what sort of uniforms? can you tell me please?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ghost32delta said:

it is diffucult to not insult comments like this. the characters in the game are wearing what sort of uniforms? can you tell me please?

I don't care about uniforms, soldiers and any of military stuff. I care about the gameplay since I am ex CS:GO semi-pro player. But people just don't understand that this is not casual WW2 shooter. Its based on competitive gameplay, not on big ass maps and 60v60 gameplay like others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, matox said:

I don't care about uniforms, soldiers and any of military stuff. I care about the gameplay since I am ex CS:GO semi-pro player. But people just don't understand that this is not casual WW2 shooter. Its based on competitive gameplay, not on big ass maps and 60v60 gameplay like others.

i think you dont understand sir. you need to relax.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, matox said:

You are wrong. This game is not casual game like Insurgency, Arma, Squad and other crap, where people dream about roles and military ranks. This is competitive game and not casual military shooter.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.dfe401357f8a38d5be5382a541dc9f2e.jpg

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghost32delta said:

i think you dont understand sir. you need to relax.

1. You need to start doing a milti-quote post and not post 5 times right after another in the same thread.

2. You need to realize that one faction in this game is Germany. So that means we can not use there rank structure because its related to the Nazis? HELLO you are playing as "Nazi's" but I rather prefer to them as German Soldiers because not all of them where Nazi's.

2 hours ago, matox said:

I don't care about uniforms, soldiers and any of military stuff. I care about the gameplay since I am ex CS:GO semi-pro player. But people just don't understand that this is not casual WW2 shooter. Its based on competitive gameplay, not on big ass maps and 60v60 gameplay like others.

Its a game structured for competitive play that caters to both party's(comp/Cas). You don't need to like it but uniforms and other "military stuff" is going to get a great deal of attention just like the game play is.

 

Both of you need to chill..

Edited by xXclusiivE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear!......like I said before WWII is so inconvenient.... Nasty Germans.... Creme v brown would upset less people.....

I'll get my coat!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2016 at 9:42 AM, Jester said:

Private I, II, III
Corporal I, II, III
Sergeant I, II, III
Lieutenant I, II, III
Captain I, II, III
Colonel I, II, III
General I, II, III
Commander I, II, III
Veteran

 

I personally like this one the best... I don't like the bullet stopper or doughboy it's sounds like an insult 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.3.2017 at 10:31 PM, ghost32delta said:

no nazi ranks. why are people even entertaining this?

7 hours ago, Dogster said:

Oh dear!......like I said before WWII is so inconvenient.... Nasty Germans.... Creme v brown would upset less people.....

I'll get my coat!

Didn't people learn anything about history yet? We are talking about regulars with regular ranks. There won't be any XX-units so far. So yes WW2 may be an inconvenient topic for germans, but some people's ancestors that were forced to fight, like many of them, were not nazis on compulsion. So I actually do understand if people get upset when people generalize that nazi stuff. Instead of complaining, people could be a bit sympathetic about that topic or at least keep their anger to themselves.

 

Futhermore why not taking german ranks and u.s.-ranks? Yes, the game will be competetive, but it will still be a ww2 military shooter. So there will be military stuff anyway. Why? Because military armies (combatants) fight and fought in wars. It's that simple. I like the idea of having military ranks for competetive gameplay as well as having non military ranks, but a WW2 shooter should still be authentic, so why not taking these military ranks? As told in some other threads, this game won't be CS:GO, it just includes competetive gameplay and skillgroups (as far as i know, maybe more elements). That does not make a WW2 shooter based on early CoD or MoH titles to a diffrent kind of CS or DOD.

Just my modest opinion. Sorry for language.

Edited by Shepherd92
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now