CeltS_Kavo

Rented Servers Admin controls

As i have read we will be able to rent servers for this game, so i was wondering what powers Admins will have to Config the servers and admin in them,

In game Commands.

Will there be some sort of recon tool?

Can we add any 3rd party Anti cheat?

Is there a list on what we can and can not do?

Thanks all 

• Upvote 1

having admin'ed a few servers for fps games it is critical for the game to have staying power to include tools usable to catch cheats, an example of this was COD1s show-tris command where an admin could record gameplay and compare aiming at walls etc with and without textures to show precision aiming at invisible enemies.

scanning software like PB is ok but inevitably is worked around longer than it is updated and is no substitue for manual methods.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:39 PM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Really good questions actually, you should be able to change quite a lot as a server admin, as for 3rd party anti-cheat... Our's is very good, but it probably depends which anti-cheat you want to use.

Thanks

Joe

More than one is always Better, as for what one that is a hard one maybe more feedback from people on this question, What about some recon tool lets say there is no admin playing and for some reason there is a admin needed on the server a recon tool would be awesome for this, is there VAC on the servers or is it a hole new thing? As a admin i like to see if people have been banned before for hacking, The community i am a part off is 100% anti cheat so we don't tolerate hackers on our servers this en-clued been banned before, So my Question is will there be a way to check to see if a Player was banned before Example from there GUID/Name?  Etc 

• Upvote 1

Another question, with private or rentet public servers, will there be admin tools we can use? Like Rcon, Procon and others? With a good graphical interface...

And will Bulkhead develop these or do we have to rely on 3rd party developers?

41 minutes ago, Razor said:

Another question, with private or rentet public servers, will there be admin tools we can use? Like Rcon, Procon and others? With a good graphical interface...

And will Bulkhead develop these or do we have to rely on 3rd party developers?

Procon is available only to works on DICE/EA games (MOH, BF) I doubt it will be working with Battalion.
With my team, we are using B3 with our servers. The big advantage is it is built to work on several games (COD, BF, Arma ....). Saddly it is not updated anymore. But if the game use Rcon protocol and has some chat/console log, it should works.
A new tool should be welcome but i m not sure BH devs will develop  this kind of tool.

If someelse has orther example of 3rd party tools, plz share it.

• Upvote 1

@Soldat Ryan yes I know, it was just a example. What I hope Bulkhead does make is a easy to use, great looking ingame tool that's part of the game itself. Just hit "ESC" and choose Admin and you get a set of tools right at hand... And then let the community develop a good 3rd party tool that can be used on every platform regardless if you got the game or not (like B3 and tons of others) ;) 

• Upvote 1

!kick !ban !tempban !cmd !alliases !spec playername !move !roll !stats should be basic commands for every server admin guess masteradmin etc could get a few more

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rmpel said:

!kick !ban !tempban !cmd !alliases !spec playername !move !roll !stats should be basic commands for every server admin....

Yep, "rcon" commands are very handy for any server Admin, as Razor also mentioned earlier. I hate "Punkbuster", but I have to admit that they had an excellent tool that let you read each players personal config. This let you easily detect all the kd/whoring rifle nubs who were using scripts that removed all recoil or over-wrote any of your server-side settings, enabling them to disable atmospheric effects and so on.

• Upvote 1

well i dont rlly have a problem with overwriting the "standart config"  to disabel atmospheric effects or get some nice binds to improve ur fps or ur overall gameexperience.

its standart in cod4 promode

59 minutes ago, rmpel said:

well i dont rlly have a problem with overwriting the "standart config"  to disabel atmospheric effects or get some nice binds to improve ur fps or ur overall gameexperience.

its standart in cod4 promode

Yep, I'm sure that you and many others don't have a problem with scripting to gain an advantage over other players, Mpel. That's the problem. If I host a server, I implement what I want to have/not to have, running on it, in order to create a level playing field for all. I know, via in-game experience, that many visitors to my server have no intention of respecting my wishes and will have to be dealt with.

That's why I'd love to see BAT44 implement a "config reader", perhaps "rcon-style", ( e,g., !read_cfg playernamehere ), so that I'm aware of their presence and can remove them immediately from our Clan server ;).

• Upvote 1

on cod4 for example its not rlly a advantage cause everyone does it + promode is a mode in itself which removes these effects and let u have better fps and more clear maps...

but i totaly get ur point if u rlly want to controll what people do on ur servers cause u pay for them as u wish. still in all my years iam playing fps shooter i never was in a clan who cared about such things haha first time i hear about this

I guess most server admins want to run the servers for them selves, not being scripted by the players config files. In our servers we had fog in some maps for a reason, if someone tried to script it of you got a perm ban! Same goes for other weather effects, field of view and such. Server side config should overthrow all player settings regarding this... As to binds to set name or say shit in game, change weapons and those I say go for it, but spam settings should be able to set serverside :P

3 hours ago, rmpel said:

on cod4 for example its not rlly a advantage cause everyone does it + promode is a mode in itself which removes these effects......

Very true, Mpel, it was "standard practice" on all Call of Duty WWII FPS games, so not really that much of an advantage, for the most part.

3 hours ago, rmpel said:

.......still in all my years iam playing fps shooter i never was in a clan who cared about such things haha first time i hear about this

Yep, our game, Wolf ET, is very different from Call of Duty, bro. It's all about objective-based teamplay, with each class, engineers, medics, soldiers, covert ops and field ops all working together as a squad to win the round. Having just one of these scripted snipers on your server can literally destroy all that.

• Upvote 1