BISH0P710

GO WATCH HACKSAW RIDGE

BISH0P710    2

Just saw the movie in theaters today and would give it a 10/10. If you love ww2 movies go watch it, I think it's as good as Saving Private Ryan. Maybe you can get ideas from the movie too...(Pacific Theater DLC)image.jpeg

yiNMastah    104
6 hours ago, RaptorInMotion said:

Going to watch it, it comes out in January in the UK though :(

Pssst... little bird says "pm yINMastah for a hint to get it sooner" ;)

• Downvote 1

DukeNukem    187
On 11/8/2016 at 3:07 AM, y!NMastah said:

Pssst... little bird says "pm yINMastah for a hint to get it sooner" ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NMASTAH IS BEING A BAD BOYYYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lolol just wait till comes out....the on screen version will be well worth the wait. I haven't seen it yet and i will try to see it this weekend, but i am SURE it will be better on the theater screen

• Upvote 1

yiNMastah    104
On 10-11-2016 at 4:46 PM, DukeNukem said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NMASTAH IS BEING A BAD BOYYYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lolol just wait till comes out....the on screen version will be well worth the wait. I haven't seen it yet and i will try to see it this weekend, but i am SURE it will be better on the theater screen

I WILL watch it in theaters. But as some had to wait quite a while, there are other ways to see it.
In fact, i think i go to theaters once a month so i support Hollywood more than enough ^^

DukeNukem    187
5 hours ago, y!NMastah said:

I WILL watch it in theaters. But as some had to wait quite a while, there are other ways to see it.
In fact, i think i go to theaters once a month so i support Hollywood more than enough ^^

you and me both bud.

SO i saw the movie this weekend. That movie hit me right in the feels. It is a MUST WATCH

f7f.jpeg

heady89    12

+1  watched it the other week with the girlfriend, we weren't disappointed.
There is a lot of bad ww2 Movies but this one has quality that i havn't seen for quite a while. It's up there with Band of Brothers for sure.

Edited by heady89

vozER    109

It was a really good movie. A couple places where I rolled my eyes though, but still a really good movie. Also got to look it in they eyes of a medic, which is new.

I don't think it was as good as Saving Private Ryan though :P

Exodus    21
12 hours ago, vozER said:

It was a really good movie. A couple places where I rolled my eyes though, but still a really good movie. Also got to look it in they eyes of a medic, which is new.

I don't think it was as good as Saving Private Ryan though :P

When he pulled the pin of the grenade using his teeth, that made me cringe. Also when old mate picked up the blown up torso and used him as a meatshield, like wtf?

Still a great movie xD

• Upvote 1

vozER    109
10 hours ago, Exodus said:

When he pulled the pin of the grenade using his teeth, that made me cringe. Also when old mate picked up the blown up torso and used him as a meatshield, like wtf?

Still a great movie xD

Yes and killed like 5 men on the run, using a heavy BAR with one hand. Exactly that was the moment that made me cringe in my seat too. But yeah, a great movie :)

• Upvote 1

[CM] BigTuna    560

Me too! @vozER Can anything really beat Saving Private Ryan though! ahah Don't go into it with those expectations because its toooooo good of a film! 

Deffo gunna check this out ASAP though. Stop posting spoilers too guysssssss I've had to quickly scroll by this post so I didn't see! hahaa

• Upvote 1

RLpacifist    72

Just watched the trailer.

2 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Stop posting spoilers

Yeah, nobody tell him Allies are going to win by the end! ;)

Just watched the trailer. A pacifist going to war? Now, that's a weird thing to do, isn't it. I mean, *cough* doesn't he know that being at war "involves war, killing, shooting, etc". Sorry, "I'm so confused here."

Thanks for the heads up, sure got to watch that flick. :)

Edited by RLpacifist

vozER    109
15 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Me too! @vozER Can anything really beat Saving Private Ryan though! ahah Don't go into it with those expectations because its toooooo good of a film! 

Deffo gunna check this out ASAP though. Stop posting spoilers too guysssssss I've had to quickly scroll by this post so I didn't see! hahaa

Sorry about the little spoiler, I just had to get it out. :ph34r: There's nothing that can beat Saving Private Ryan - expect Full Metal Jacket maybe :D They're really, really hard to be beaten! Definitely worth a watch though! A new perspective in a WWII -film is refreshing

• Upvote 1

yiNMastah    104

Haven't seen it yet so be careful not to spoil :D 

By the way, why is everybody putting SPR up so high as being a 'classic' WW2 that is hard to beat? Of course the Hollywoodism is big in that movie and special effects are great but the end of the story is so-so. I mean, firing a sticky bomb stuck on a tank with a pistol from like a mile away when being badly injured? Only in Hollywood ;)

Same with Fury... that movie is full of bull if you ask me which would only make sense/accepted when being directed by Quentin Tarrentino. (grenade dropped in tank with BP in it - grenade explodes - BP survives with his hair perfectly in shape and barely and blood stains??) or Rambo yielding a MG on top of a knocked down tankdestroyer, single handed fighting of a battalion of elite SS troops avoiding sniper rifle fire from 5 ft away? SUUUUURE. Only in Hollywood lads :D 

RLpacifist    72
8 hours ago, y!NMastah said:

I mean, firing a sticky bomb stuck on a tank with a pistol from like a mile away when being badly injured?

Do you mean that one final encounter on the bridge, where Forest Gump already got wounded, and pointing his pistol up on the approaching tank, in an ultimate act of desperation? And then, just when you think he's going to be blown to bits, that tank gets wrecked by a bomb dropped from that one plain that flies over their heads right after?

Did I get that wrong all the years? Haha, or have there been alternative endings?

Edited by RLpacifist

vozER    109
4 hours ago, y!NMastah said:

Haven't seen it yet so be careful not to spoil :D 

By the way, why is everybody putting SPR up so high as being a 'classic' WW2 that is hard to beat? Of course the Hollywoodism is big in that movie and special effects are great but the end of the story is so-so. I mean, firing a sticky bomb stuck on a tank with a pistol from like a mile away when being badly injured? Only in Hollywood ;)

Same with Fury... that movie is full of bull if you ask me which would only make sense/accepted when being directed by Quentin Tarrentino. (grenade dropped in tank with BP in it - grenade explodes - BP survives with his hair perfectly in shape and barely and blood stains??) or Rambo yielding a MG on top of a knocked down tankdestroyer, single handed fighting of a battalion of elite SS troops avoiding sniper rifle fire from 5 ft away? SUUUUURE. Only in Hollywood lads :D 

There's many flaws in many films that aren't realistic - but to see behind them is the thing (not when there's way too many flaws). It's the story that makes Saving Private Ryan, imo. Not the effects and full realism. Of course I prefer the film to be as realistic as it could, but you can always see some flaws.

If you watch closely, it's not the pistol or any sticky bomb that wrecks the tank - it's airstrike that destroys it. See for yourself Hank vs Tank

Haven't seen Fury yet so can't speak about that :) 

Freakshow    176

If you go into these Hollywood blockbusters expecting them to sacrifice cinematic experience for 100% historical accuracy you will usually be disappointed. Willing suspension of disbelief is a requisite for most films.

Heard a lot of good things about Hacksaw Ridge. Looking forward to seeing it!