Farq-S

Battlefield 1 is frickin' amazing!

37 posts in this topic

Personally, I still do. I see it for what it is, though. For me BF has always been a game where I will have a bit of a blast around for an hour, put it down and maybe do the same in a few days time. To start off with, whilst the novelty hasn't worn off I'll have a game whenever I've got spare time. Same goes after a new DLC release. However, it's never going to pull me back in like a smaller, competitive FPS will. That's where the replayability is for me. My player rank, prestiges and stuff like that....will always just be fluff to me.

This will probably keep me coming back a bit more than BF2/3/4 though, due to the setting of WWI.

Edited by Freakshow

Battlefield 1. Must admitt I love the soundtrack and the look of some of the maps.
Thats all the positive I can say about it.

I played 17hrs in the first 3 days it came out. Month later I put in 4 hours. Haven't launched the game since. It got boring way to fast for me.

my opinion of BF1 has changed since i started this thread. it is still the most polished and well put together games in the franchise but its boring as hell and i have difficulty mustering any enthusiasm to play it. its like having a really beautiful girlfriend but she's so dumb and devoid of personality that you can't have a stimulating conversation with her.

Tbh I enjoyed more bf4 with all its flaws than bf1, it hardly feel like a Battlefield game to me.

6 hours ago, Farq-S said:

my opinion of BF1 has changed since i started this thread. it is still the most polished and well put together games in the franchise but its boring as hell and i have difficulty mustering any enthusiasm to play it. its like having a really beautiful girlfriend but she's so dumb and devoid of personality that you can't have a stimulating conversation with her.

This is how most BF games go for me. Play for a month or two after release then a few weeks for each DLC. Not disappointing or anything, it's just how BF games are. They don't have any competitive element anymore, which adds replayability and keeps me coming back to a game. Just playing pub games does get tedious sooner or later for a lot of people.

I gave this game a try. I played it 6 hours straight. That was enough for me. I always compare FPS-games to CoD1 and CoD2, this game wasn't different. Again, these are just my honest opinions.

1. Spawn killing all the time

2. The movement is WAY too clunky

3. I know all BF's has drop on the bullets when they fly, but I don't like it. Some may say "it requires SKILL to shoot above the head and 5 before the target towards where he is running" but for me, it's just really frustrating. Not that I don't hit with the weapons, but I simply don't find it enjoyable.

4. I don't like tanks and planes. Feels bad when there's a tank and there's a 0 thing you can do with your class against it. Vehicles - not for me, t(h)anks. 

5. It doesn't feel competitive. Too much hassle. The game feels like it's just really random shooting and going everywhere. I know there are goals in the game, but for me it's just fucked up random running around - public server random shooting.

6. Feels like they invested on the graphics, not the gameplay. And still, there's way too much detail and shit going on with the graphics for me. It's hard sometimes to see what's going. Too much shit at the same time. I like it simple and clear.

How about you guys? I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

I didn't play BF1 for the last 14 days either. I loved it in the beginning, but it was quite boring in the last couple of weeks I played it.

The game still looks amazing in my opinion, but it's pretty empty gameplay-wise. I played it for 130 hours by now, but I guess I won't be playing again until the first DLC hits. Todays Winter Update doesn't add anything interesting, so that won't get me booting BF1 either.

Anyway, BF4 was way better! Bummer.

3 hours ago, vozER said:

....I know all BF's has drop on the bullets when they fly, but I don't like it. Some may say "it requires SKILL to shoot above the head....

Yeah, it does require skill, bro, but what they seem to have forgotten is that it has to be fun too. Besides, in games like "MOHAA", "COD2" and "Wolf:ET" there's no bullet-drop, but no one will ever convince me that there's no skill involved when fraggin' on those games. The big difference? Those games also require skill, but are tons of fun to frag on too :) .

3 hours ago, vozER said:

I don't like tanks and planes. Feels bad when there's a tank and there's a 0 thing you can do with your class against it....

I don't like how they use them in-game either. They are gameplay "wreckers", as far as I can see. Wolfenstein is the only place you'll see vehicles being used properly. They can't harm the players, they're just "tools in a toolbox" to be used in order to complete objectives. Not to mention that they're also great "eye candy" in any map.

3 hours ago, vozER said:

The game feels like it's just really random shooting and going everywhere. I know there are goals in the game, but for me it's just fucked up random running around......

Every video I've seen just gives the impression of total in-game anarchy, with every player being out for themselves. I suppose you could counter that by teaming-up with a few of your clan buddies, but I get the feeling that the experience would still be chaotic at best.

Glad more people think the same, Battlefield brings boring gameplay. Conquest is more or less getting to one of the objecttives. Die or cap and repeat. Most of the time its a sniper party and killing is a lottery there is no consistency at all. One game your weapon works well next game it behave like you shooting blanks, but for odd reason these sniperrifles work well. Operations is a clone of a gamemod we had in 2005 for COD UO and similar to Red Orchestra's mod to win terrain. It can be fun but the overal gameplay and the running speed of the player spoils all.

16 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

Yeah, it does require skill, bro, but what they seem to have forgotten is that it has to be fun too. Besides, in games like "MOHAA", "COD2" and "Wolf:ET" there's no bullet-drop, but no one will ever convince me that there's no skill involved when fraggin' on those games. The big difference? Those games also require skill, but are tons of fun to frag on too :) .

I don't like how they use them in-game either. They are gameplay "wreckers", as far as I can see. Wolfenstein is the only place you'll see vehicles being used properly. They can't harm the players, they're just "tools in a toolbox" to be used in order to complete objectives. Not to mention that they're also great "eye candy" in any map.

Every video I've seen just gives the impression of total in-game anarchy, with every player being out for themselves. I suppose you could counter that by teaming-up with a few of your clan buddies, but I get the feeling that the experience would still be chaotic at best.

Wow, I think this is the first time we actually agree with each other ^^ Good points there, buddy

4 hours ago, vozER said:

Wow, I think this is the first time we actually agree with each other ^^ Good points there, buddy

Hahaha ! It is Valentine day's effect !

partying.gif

:D

(sorry for the offtopic but i couldn't resist !! lol )