Alomvampir

What languages will Battalion 1944 support?

Hello Battalion 1944 Community!

As the title says, I've been thinking about what languages will Battalion support. I know english is the "original", but maybe you will be adding other languages to the game too. Smaller and bigger ones, for example french, german, chinese, etc... Because I'm hungarian, and I think lots of hungarian people wanna play your game, it would be a great idea (in my opinion) to translate the game to hungarian. Or at least the news and other stuff, that is coming out. I like translating english text about games (now I'm doing a translation of the World of Tanks Commander's Guide), so I would be pleased if I can do something for the hungarian community of Battalion 1944. What do you think?

19 hours ago, Alomvampir said:

I would be pleased if I can do something for the hungarian community of Battalion 1944. What do you think?

Thanks for your kind offer, Alom. This is an inquiry that only our Devteam can answer for you, let's see what they say :).

Edited by Wolf Enstein
typo
  • Upvote 1

Hey Alomvampir,

Straight up: We'll translate into as many as financially viable/possible for us to do. English is obviously our first language, so everything will be translated from that. From then we have to prioritise our markets based on our playerbase as good translations are important. We totally agree though, more translations the better! 

A full list of translations is something we'll look into and confirm way closer to our Early Access release :)

• Upvote 2

Hello KingHoward,

I know it's not your priority to translate the game, but if you get to it (as you've said, on the way to the release of the Early Access), I'm ready to help. Just contact me and I'll be ready for duty. :) 

• Upvote 1

On 14/10/2016 at 1:27 PM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

Hey Alomvampir,

Straight up: We'll translate into as many as financially viable/possible for us to do. English is obviously our first language, so everything will be translated from that. From then we have to prioritise our markets based on our playerbase as good translations are important. We totally agree though, more translations the better! 

A full list of translations is something we'll look into and confirm way closer to our Early Access release :)

mhhhh, why didn't use us and spare money for something other?

I mean: we are from differents countries, and I think ghat we are able to understand English  (even if personally I'm really bad when I've to write down something in this language, sorry guys :)), and than make a translation in our own languages.

Then, If you would, you can have some reviews but the biggest part of the translation will be free of charge ;)

I vonlunteer to translate anything you guys need from English to my mother tongue Portuguese.

Having Portuguese language in the game would be a huge leg up for the Brazilian market. For the Portuguese market not so much as the majority of our playerbase plays in english.

Edited by mazh

On 14. 10. 2016 at 1:27 PM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

Hey Alomvampir,

From what I heard there are people who would translate the game to their language even for free.