Sign in to follow this  
Soldat Ryan

Server files

I can't remind if we talk about it yet. :$(Alzheimer is on the way 9_9)

The server files will be available at the start of Alpha stage or we will have to wait later ?

Hey Ryan I hope so in much the same way DOI do thru steam, with GitHub for the updates direct from steam as the devs release the files. It works great and everyone can immediately see if they have the updates needed to join the server they wish to join.

• Upvote 1

"Bump"

When server files will be available ? Closed Alpha (i doubt) - Beta or early access ?
New question : They will be available via the "Tools Library" on steam (steamcmd) or attached to our account/key game ? (don't make the mistake to attach them to the account/key game)

We've been sorting our server configs and getting them ready to be hosted with Multiplay and testing them. It'll be a few weeks before we're at that stage (we're busy with GDC, Forgotten Soldiers LAN and actual development atm) but a couple of weeks after we can start tweaking server control stuff and I'll be more likely to be able to let you know around then.

However, I can estimate that because we're running 'Alpha Test Weekends' it's unlikely the server files will be available for Alpha. However I know we'd like to test running of community servers before Early Access. There's a grey area because Multiplay will obviously want to charge for server hosting yet we wouldn't want people to be paying for servers they couldn't play 24/7 etc.

This reminds me, I remember very early on in the forums you made a large post with server config ideas and requests to make your life easier, would you mind DM'ing me that thread? It'll make it easier for me to communicate with the programming team exactly what you're after.

Cheers!

• Upvote 3

Will servers files be available for linux? I think it should be because linux is free and many gamepanels are free for linux.

14 hours ago, emtex said:

Will servers files be available for linux? I think it should be because linux is free and many gamepanels are free for linux.

Hi emtex and default_welcomeani.gif to the forum.

To the last news known, Devs are not working on linux files yet.
But it is something they shoud consider. I m sending regulary subliminal messages to them about it :P

They change their mind for others aspect of the game. They should be able to do it also for linux server files. :ph34r:

:)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

They change their mind for others aspect of the game. They should be able to do it also for linux server files. :ph34r:

jeu7060.jpg

It's definitely something that should be considered by the Devteam in the future, there's tons of FPS Linux players out there :) .