Sign in to follow this  
N1ckm1ll

Allies or axis

Will players have the ability to choose allies or axis which will in turn determine your weapons naturally based upon the country of origin. This was a feature of cod 2 which is simple yet effective as stops a mix n match with different weapons

This is an interesting conversation as, in COD2 your weapons were pretty much determined by the faction you chose to play as in that game. you could obviously pick up enemy weapons off the ground but when spawning you were restricted to either US, German, British or Russian weapons. 

However, in COD4, especially Pro-mod you were able to select and carry the AK47 despite being on whatever side. So we have to decide what direction we want to head in. Personally I believe it will be a COD2 set up of being restricted by what faction you're playing as but it's still being decided !

Let me know what you're thinking!

Thanks
Tuna

• Upvote 2

Something can be said for both restriction and other side's weapons.. 

Since the game will have a strong focus on player progress (battle worn weapons, badges and cosmetic achievements) and in real life soldiers also tend to use captured equipment throughout the campaigns i'd say:

Make it possible to store one enemy weapon at a time which will be a weapon that you finished your last game with (and possibility to keep or ditch it)? Would be a nice twist to the gameplay.

Your thoughts guys? (rather than downgrading the comment...)

Edited by y!NMastah

2 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

@y!NMastah Tbh thats similar to how S&D do it so thats probably going to be a very similar concept in that game mode..

Actually what i meant was, having the last captured weapon stored at your player account so you will be able to equip it anytime you want when starting a new match. Not just use it within that specific match you picked it up. As far as i know there has not been any dedicated FPS game that does this except for one F2P game i can think of but which is a different ball game.

1 hour ago, y!NMastah said:

Actually what i meant was, having the last captured weapon stored at your player account so you will be able to equip it anytime you want when starting a new match. Not just use it within that specific match you picked it up. As far as i know there has not been any dedicated FPS game that does this except for one F2P game i can think of but which is a different ball game.

That mean you include a sort of lock/unlock system which is rejected by a lot of people. As it was said yet, only cosmetics things are lock/unlock.
From Kickstarter :

Our progression system will not under any circumstances offer game breaking advantages to players of higher rank but instead will offer a purely cosmetic based unlock system.

If you play as "german" you know you have to fight with Kar98, Gewehr43, .... and if you fight as "US" you know you will fight with M1garand, Thompson .....
Choosing side you are also choosing the weapon you want to fight with.
We should be able to pick up a weapon on the ground that we lose after death. Fair enought for me.

Other thing, on "tactical" game style we are playing with view (make the difference between uniforms) and sound (sound of weapons). If I m playing as "German" and near of me i ear a M1garand sound i can think an US is close to me. It can be a source of trouble inside the team if we are under stress ! 9_9:P

@Soldat Ryan

Somewhere i fail to see why storing a captured weapon should offer advantages over others? Everybody will be able to do so so no cherry picking here ;) But anyways, on second thoughts it would require additional programming even though you gain only little from it so sticking to just picking up enemy weapons in the game would do the trick ^^

As a "tactical" thing within red v.s. blue games, i always use enemy weapons as much as possible simply to distract the enemy and NEVER assume a friendly gun automatically means a friendly player.

In Wolf ET you can only spawn with the weapons originally used by that particular faction. You can also pick up any enemy weapon during combat. However, in "Silent" Mod", you can actually select enemy weapons before spawning, I really don't mind either way :).

• Upvote 1

I would prefer it as faction relevant rather than anything for anyone the only real essential is having the ability to pick up death discarded weapons nearly all games even ET have that ability and I personally believe it would be a mistake not to have that option. And with weapons I do mean everything including grenades or any dropped item. We all remember band of brothers and the captured Luger ... Lol 

• Upvote 1