[CM] BigTuna

Division Insignia

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys

So we talked about this in another thread a little, but we went off on a tangent and the topic got diluted a little so here is a dedicated thread for what division insignia you want on soldiers shoulders! Concentrate on only GERMAN and US patches please
2000px-US_101st_Airborne_Division_patch.svg.png82nd airborne.jpg

Atm in the pipeline we definitely have the 101st and the 82nd so post up some pictures of American and German patches that you want to see and we'll take a look and decide which ones we like enough to add!  

Make sure you include what the belong to so please tell me what the insignia signifies.

Thanks guys!

Tuna

Edited by [CM] BigTuna

Would be cool to see a pathfinder patch:

2262271.jpg?1444637446

And a Glider Patch, although I think they're meant for caps I dunno if this is a sleeve thing only or not:

post-12391-0-88108700-1373952047.jpg

Similar topic are there going to be rank patches on the uniforms too, tied to your level, whether they update after level or by certain level brackets depending on how many ranks you have in game compared to reality?

Edited by Sharkjax

Cheers bud. I like both of these. 

To your in game rank patches idea. I'm not sure atm tbh. We have to war torn system that shows rank so I'm not too sure.

US - Rangers

Bat44 ranger patch.PNG

British - 2nd Army

Bat44 2nd army patch.PNG

British - Royal Marines Commandos

Bat44 royal marines commando patches.PNG

Edited by Farq-S
Regiment names added

Guys make sure you include what the belong to so we know. Please go and edit your posts and tell me what the insignia signifies! Will make it easier for me to collect them and show the devs! 

Thanks

British Commando WWII Patch Royal Marine Commando

A classic patch, very simple design and looks awesome.29178_427258636141_3383228_n.jpg

British SAS cap badge from WW2 surely has to be in. Who Dares Wins is timeless.

Also here is an British SAS parachute Wings patch  giving after first jump. also cool.

SAS beret and uniform badges set 1970's 80's.jpg

Found this not sure what can be used but it covers many of the German divisions. Details above all the insignia.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Dogster

18 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Guys make sure you include what the belong to so we know. Please go and edit your posts and tell me what the insignia signifies! Will make it easier for me to collect them and show the devs! 

Thanks

Previous post edited ! ;)

French insigna :$:) :

2eme Division Blindée

200px-2eDB-insigne.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Armored_Division_(France)

Commando Kieffer

badge                          1st beret badge                                            beret badge                                           arm badge

Insigne_des_FNFL.jpg   Insigne_de_b%C3%A9ret_cdo_Kieffer.jpgInsigne_du_1er_Bataillon_de_Fusiliers_MaInsigne_de_bras_cdo_Kieffer.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1er_Bataillon_de_Fusiliers_Marins_Commandos
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_Kieffer_(France_libre)

Edited by Soldat Ryan

Don't forget  Operation Market Garden (17–25 September 1944) 

1. 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade

2. The British Paratroopers

5c15542a097dc0ba48993ea01ae9922b.jpg

74287ea85ceb13f1596cc1b5f9066acd.jpg

parachute-regiment-set-.jpg

might be worth checking this out:

https://www.facebook.com/OorlogsmuseumEyewitness/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

its a link to a second ww museum, in wich they showcase some german medals/awards.

here's a link to the museum itself:

http://www.eyewitnesswo2.nl/

should you guys run into some language barrier, feel free to ask, i speak the local dialect :-) 

Edited by gonzomark43

I know this is more of an army centralized game but as a Marine I'd like to be able to rock some Marine Corps patches. The one below is the Marine Raiders patch and the lowest one is the 2nd Mar Div patch 

marine-raider-amphibious-corps-thick-jaw-ww2-3x2-5-shield-military-patch-morale-patch-full-color-B00JS1ZPNO-480x658.jpg

f0fa08ce0f9d4ee0a804979796b65020.jpg

I can make all of these patches if you guys need some design help. My experience is in Photoshop CS4-CS6 along with Illustrator. Too bad this doesn't feature aircraft because I have re-made over 140 Luftwaffe unit insignias. I can also do stitching and fabric effects.

LINK TO ALL EMBLEMS: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/18624-resource-unit-emblems-bos-and-bom/

SAMPLE PAGE

Restored_Logos_Page_8.png

Edited by SPEKTRE76

This might be a bit far fetch and it will add some individuality too the game but what about Country tabs? 

same design as the US tabs but instead of having Special Forces, Ranger, etc.. it would have the name of a Country such as Canada, Poland, France, Sweden and so on. We could at least show where we are from.

There's mods we can use in Wolf: ET that display your country's flag beside your name in the server players list, xXclusiivE. Maybe something like this would do?

It could be difficult to put patches on uniform arms for the Germans.

Talking about regulars (Wehrmacht), as far, as I know, there weren't any division patches on the arms. In early war years some might be found at the side of the helmets, but most likely as metal letters at the shoulderboards (M36) Early war shoulderboards M36.

Instead, the Shoulderboards, uniforms and uniform collars were extremly different from each other.

Find Wehrmachts shoulderboards here

Find Uniforms M36 - M44

See enlisted collar

See NCO collar (white braid)

See Officer's collar

Well, modelling these things could be very hard work, so in my oppinion there should be a possibility to upload an own emblem to wear on the arms on both sides, U.S. and German. Makes it a lot easier and fair on both sides.

But that's just an idea in case you want to work historically correct (As far, as i know).

Second idea could be following:

Other things to patch, could be some achievements instead. 4 Achievements per side that are hard to unlock.

If a player manages to unlock one of these achievements, it will be displayed at the uniform.

For U.S. Side that could be sth like a special Division patch (i.e. 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, Big Red One) on the arm or helmet, that nearly nobody managed to achieve or adding the tactical Signs for NCOs and COs to the helmets (Find Signs and Patches on helmets).

For the German Side 4 Medals could be added to the uniform like the ,,Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse" (Red ribbon), ,,Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse" (Classical Cross you have seen at the right chest in games, movies, books), Ritterkreuz (Ritterkreuz), Infanterie Sturmabzeichen (Sturmabzeichen).

Just some ideas so far. Please be kind, i know, that my english skills are not the best you've ever seen :D

On 2/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, WolfEnstein said:

There's mods we can use in Wolf: ET that display your country's flag beside your name in the server players list, xXclusiivE. Maybe something like this would do?

That would do but I was thinking more cosmetic.

====================================================================================================================

First Special Service Force

1st_Special_Service_Force.patch.jpgDevils-Brigade-Logo.png

Edited by xXclusiivE