gonwi

About S&D & Weapons

gonwi    2

First is not about s&d but is important: will be 2 slots for weapons( primary and pistol)? and you ll be able to switch pistol for another weapon of enemy down? Or ll be a system like day of defeat with soldier class with limited weapons? and... what about smoke grenades? yes or not?

About S&D:

objetives will be plant a bomb on a flack88 for example? there will be a defuse timer?.

And another silly question: 

there will be minimap and players will appear on the enemy if they shoot?

i know that the game is in alpha stage and is no time for these small details, its only to have an idea of how it will be.

Edited by gonwi

[CM] BigTuna    564

Hey @gonwi 

Yeah there will be 2 slots for weapons and you'll start out with a primary weapon and a pistol but you'll be able to swap with weapons you find after being dropped by other players after they've died.

In S&D we are looking into the idea of either; planting on a physical application e.g. Flak88 or Radio or Ammo Dump. Or do it the Counter strike way and being able to decide where to plant within an designated area, which allows for tactical plants and defences of the bomb. What do you guys think?

We have pretty much decided there won't be a mini map mate. Just a compass. 

Edited by [CM] BigTuna
  • Upvote 1

Sharkjax    16

Personally I like the idea of physical application whether it's a demo charge on the breach or spiking the barrel like in BOB. While the counter strike way is less visually appealing it does lead to better game play. Would it be possibly to have a mixture of both methods?

For example:

Rather then just having a solitary flak 88, you have an emplacement which gives the planting area from CSGO to vary gameplay, but within that emplacement you have several physical targets, such as:

- Spiking the barrel
- Planting a demo charge on the breach
- Planting a demo charge on the ammo
- Planting a demo charge on the transport carriage
- Planting a demo charge on the search light

Edited by Sharkjax
  • Upvote 2

Freakshow    176
2 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey @gonwi 

Yeah there will be 2 slots for weapons and you'll start out with a primary weapon and a pistol but you'll be able to swap weapons with weapons you find after being dropped by other played after they've died.

In S&D we are looking into the idea of either; planting on a physical application e.g. Flak88 or Radio or Ammo Dump. Or do it the Counter strike way and being able to decide where to plant within an designated are which allows for tactical plants and defences of the bomb. What do you guys think?

I personally would like to physically place a bomb/charge/whatever in a specified position rather than like in CS which gives you a broader area. Also loving your comments about the compass/weapon pickups! :D 

Edited by Freakshow
  • Upvote 1

Dogster    112

As long as defending team have the ability to defuse said dynamite that is the key. Multiple objectives make it more interesting for sure and you need not restrict the planting to flak guns or radios or vehicles, you could dynamite a wall or a door or a gate or even a safe don't limit the possible destructive items. This will allow map makers a greater pool of objectives.

• Upvote 1

Djred84    17

I think the objective should be something different like say a Tiger tank or Sherman depending on what side you're on. Lets really try and break the mould here and not try and be like someone else. With Bat44 we can really push the boundaries. What about a Spitfire or Heinkel He 219 to plant on? That would be so cool.

Also are you gonna have a headquarters game mode? The possibilities of that game mode are endless. Capture and hold the hanger with the secret nazi weapon inside or capture and hold a WW1 railway gun etc etc you could do anything with that mode.

WolfEnstein    215
On 29/09/2016 at 3:14 PM, Dogster said:

As long as defending team have the ability to defuse said dynamite that is the key. Multiple objectives make it more interesting for sure and you need not restrict the planting to flak guns or radios or vehicles, you could dynamite a wall or a door or a gate or even a safe don't limit the possible destructive items. This will allow map makers a greater pool of objectives.

xEvyDEF.gif

22 hours ago, Djred84 said:

I think the objective should be something different like say a Tiger tank or Sherman depending on what side you're on. Lets really try and break the mould here and not try and be like someone else. With Bat44 we can really push the boundaries. What about a Spitfire or Heinkel He 219 to plant on?

We do those type of things already in Wolf ET, DJ, it's great fun and adds nice variation to the gameplay :).

• Upvote 1

jcuz    105
On 9/29/2016 at 5:58 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey @gonwi 

Yeah there will be 2 slots for weapons and you'll start out with a primary weapon and a pistol but you'll be able to swap with weapons you find after being dropped by other players after they've died.

In S&D we are looking into the idea of either; planting on a physical application e.g. Flak88 or Radio or Ammo Dump. Or do it the Counter strike way and being able to decide where to plant within an designated are which allows for tactical plants and defences of the bomb. What do you guys think?

Definitely tactical plants, it really adds an element to the game. Planting for your team, or yourself, or faking opponents out by planting for a position but then playing another. 

• Upvote 1

yiNMastah    104

How about having an objective that is subject to change of location/whereabouts only known to the defending team? Makes it a tad more realistic? First having to find the location of the target (which is of course some large obvious object such as a Rocket, Flakgun or Prototype tank w/e) 

Instead of having a static target on the exact same location over and over again? After all it is called "SEARCH & Destroy" and to my likings the "Search" part have always played just a minor role in this gameplay since there is nothing to search for with objects on the same spot all the time?

Then again, i am not a die hard SD player so never really had much fun in A -> B linear gameplay so can not judge the impact on a change like this. I can imagine old school SD players would like to have it like it used to be in most games.

Edited by y!NMastah
  • Upvote 1

Freakshow    176
1 hour ago, y!NMastah said:

How about having an objective that is subject to change of location/whereabouts only known to the defending team? Makes it a tad more realistic? First having to find the location of the target (which is of course some large obvious object such as a Rocket, Flakgun or Prototype tank w/e) 

Instead of having a static target on the exact same location over and over again? After all it is called "SEARCH & Destroy" and to my likings the "Search" part have always played just a minor role in this gameplay since there is nothing to search for with objects on the same spot all the time?

Then again, i am not a die hard SD player so never really had much fun in A -> B linear gameplay so can not judge the impact on a change like this. I can imagine old school SD players would like to have it like it used to be in most games.

I actually really like the idea of this. As one of those Old school S&D/Obj game mode players, I think the idea of having the target spawn in say 1 of 3 locations would add something and cause you to have to think on the spot a little about your tactics.

I see that some people will complain that the defending team would have the upper hand but TBH attacking should generally be harder than defending if the number of players on each side are equal. So satisfying to have a solid hold on defense then to go on and break the other team down when it's their turn to do so.

On a side note - I'm not entirely sure where the trend of "maps should be 50-50 balanced for attack/defence" has come from over recent years, but it has become something I see far more often. As you play both sides of a map in competitive it really shouldn't matter! Both teams get equal opportunities regardless.

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    226
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Adam445 said:

i wish games would go back to just having a radar with the objectives on it only like cod1/uo and no red dots

Totally agree!

In ww2 they had ears, no radar with red dots when someone is shooting.

Just an indicator where the bullet came from that hitted you

Edited by WeAsOne

Dir7yPaws    2

Imo 

On 9/29/2016 at 11:58 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey @gonwi 

In S&D we are looking into the idea of either; planting on a physical application e.g. Flak88 or Radio or Ammo Dump. Or do it the Counter strike way and being able to decide where to plant within an designated area, which allows for tactical plants and defences of the bomb. What do you guys think?

imo a designated area would make the most sense as long as it isn't huge like in CS. Do a small ring around the objective that still allows for tactical plants but doesn't have you searching around too much for it.

good picture of a sachel charge

Satchel_charge.jpg

Edited by Dir7yPaws
  • Upvote 2

WolfEnstein    215
On 02/11/2016 at 10:49 PM, Dir7yPaws said:

......a small ring around the objective that still allows for tactical plants but doesn't have you searching around too much for it.

Yep, I'd agree with that, Paws. It's the fairest method to use when introducing a sabotage mode to any game ;).

jmac    0

Just because of talk of a game mode, I think it would be cool to see a game mode where whichever side has to defend an area like a bridge for example. Something you see from the movie Saving Private Ryan. Maybe the attackers and defenders have a certain number of lives to hold or take the area. Any thoughts on that?

Edited by jmac

Lordcrazy    1
On 11/2/2016 at 5:49 PM, Dir7yPaws said:

Imo 

imo a designated area would make the most sense as long as it isn't huge like in CS. Do a small ring around the objective that still allows for tactical plants but doesn't have you searching around too much for it.

good picture of a sachel charge

Satchel_charge.jpg

I feel that the size of the area should depend on how long the fuse on the charge burns for (Duration the defending team has to defuse). I.e.; The longer they have to defuse, the bigger the area could be and vice versa. Given that this would have to be within a reasonable range. (Not sure what that would be at this point) 

WolfEnstein    215
15 hours ago, jmac said:

I think it would be cool to see a game mode where whichever side has to defend an area like a bridge for example........Maybe the attackers and defenders have a certain number of lives to hold or take the area.......

Hi, Jmac and welcome to the forums ;). We have this type of game mode in "Day of Infamy". Here's a couple of examples. The Allies are defending the bridge area in Cammachio, Italy. How they managed to win this round I don't know, the Germans were kicking their ass all the way back to the destroyed church O.o :

And in this next video, the British are attacking a German stronghold in Scicily and again they have 3 points to capture in order to win the map. There's a great scene at the 10 minute 10 second mark in this video, where you see the shotgun take out a flamer and the whole thing just explodes, all in close vicinity get cremated :D. As always, this is "alpha" footage of the in-game action.

Edited by Wolf Enstein
to add a second video
  • Upvote 1

vozER    108
On 29.9.2016 at 10:58 AM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey @gonwi 

Plant where you want on the bomb site, but you don't have to manually switch to a "bomb" in your weapon menu. And I think everyone should be able to plant, not "just a bomb guy". Just like it is in CoD1 and CoD2

LysoO    18
On 11/21/2016 at 2:13 PM, vozER said:

Plant where you want on the bomb site, but you don't have to manually switch to a "bomb" in your weapon menu. And I think everyone should be able to plant, not "just a bomb guy". Just like it is in CoD1 and CoD2

I think if everyone be able to plant ..the gameplay will be less tactical... cod4/csgo have physical bomb which make a difference... As a attackers you have to decide which bombsite will you be attacking... you have to hard push and carry the "bomb guy" and then plant the bomb... but if the "bomb guy" die... defenders are able to carry the bomb and secure their win... (in cod1/cod2 attackers can push 2 sites and plant bomb wherever they want)

play some csgo... and you found it works just fine :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

RAFF    107
4 hours ago, LysoO said:

defenders are able to carry the bomb and secure their win...

How exactly do defenders carry the bomb in cod4/csgo/cod2?

• Upvote 1

chippy    79
1 minute ago, RAFF said:

I think he refers to that the defenders can protect the bomb if they find it when dropped. ;)

• Upvote 1

vozER    108
9 minutes ago, RAFF said:

That's what I wanna know. I haven't seen this in any game that I remember O.o 

RAFF    107
Just now, chippy said:

I think he refers to that the defenders can protect the bomb if they find it when dropped. ;)

Oh, yeah.. however, it's been previously discussed and already decided. Only the player with the bomb will be able to plant it.

• Upvote 1